Info Doc Walker, reptidoc, Dr. Daryl G. Walker = buyer beware - Page 47 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #461
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinman View Post
The big picture that no one is touching on is how come Rich Z is letting Doc.W sell his snakes on the forum. It is only going to hurt the forum in the long run. The fact is too many people have lost animals from Doc, This is not a case of 1 or 2 dead animals per year. The site is going to be known for having no quality control. Soon people will say watch out if your going to buy a snake off any of the people on cornsnakes.com because there are sellers on there that are known for selling animals that are dieing on a lot of people and no one is doing anything about it. Not trying to start crap or light a fire under RZ butt to piss him off. I'm being honest, you people know how bad word spreads around the hobby. The reputation of the forum is at stake. The forum has built a reputation over many years for being a place to get the right information about corn snakes and a place to get a healthy animals. Don't get me wrong there are bad apples on every forum no matter what type of fauna your dealing with. Another thing I can see when a person has a problem with a seller every once and a while but all these deaths from one breeder and they are still allowed to sell their animals on the site. That is where the forum looks bad. I love corn snakes.com and I'm a proud member of the forum. I breed, buy and sell snakes. I not only send my corn snake customers to the site to learn about the animal they just bought, but when I'm out of stock or I don't have a morph that someone is asking for I send them to the site. If this keeps up then I'm going to have to write them a list of who too & who not to trust on the site, boy that will look real good to someone that is thinking of joining . This is nothing personal against Doc Walker. I like the guy. I have talked to him a few times. I don't know what is going on with his animals but I know If I seen something he was selling that I really wanted I would not get it. I be too afraid that it might not be healthy and it might wind up dead like so many other animals that other people got off Doc. This is all around bad for the hobby
Sigh.... this has been addressed MANY times concerning FaunaClassifieds, and the same logic I have in my decisions in how to run my sites applies to CornSnakes.com. This is just one of several threads about this topic that have flared up over the years -> http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=283253

Vinnie, trust me in this, you just do NOT understand what you are asking. Any time you feel you know how to run a site better than I do, well have at it and give it a whirl and let's see how well you do at it. I do suggest that you consult with an attorney to be able to better anticipate the legal pitfalls that you may fall into, however. Contrary to how it appears, running sites of this nature is not all the rosy picture you may think it is.

But in any event, this is off topic in this thread, and any continuation of this particular discussion needs to be moved over to the Feedback Forum where it belongs.

Warning: Further discussions off topic to this thread title will result in infractions.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:13 PM   #462
Willis Wildlife Enterprises
Waiting until the 28th for a necropsy will be a waste of time and money. The body will be too far gone for anything to be determined. Have a local vet send the body off in a formalin jar to the lab for a necropsy ASAP. Idexx Labs has that option available for a snake the size of yours for a very reasonable fee. Also, is your friend having their snake necropsied as well? Finding something on a snake that has recently been seen and declared healthy can be a great help to determining exactly what is going on with Doc's snakes.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:50 PM   #463
reptilebaby
I don't know if he planned to do that or not. I will ask him.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #464
Mystic Exotics
I'm sorry to hear that your baby died.

There's obviously a major problem.
I hope more people read the BOI before buying animals, & avoid (as much as possible) going through what you guys have gone through.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #465
reptilebaby
My friend disposed of his snake before I asked him about it. He said he hadn't thought of having her tested afterward to use it to see what my snake had.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!