FaunaClassifieds
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Chat  |  Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® All messages posted here must conform to a basic rule of good taste and moderately good sense.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:33 PM   #1
Carnal Contessa
Anybody use World Exotics Inc for Mammals?

I pretty new here and not sure where to stick this query, so here it is.

What's the word on World Exotics Inc.? They appear to import predominately South American mammals, and it looks like they breed a few of their own animals.

I sent them an email query, and they responded with a request for money via Postal Money Order and answered zero of the questions I asked -- which always makes me very leary.

Is it just "me"? (NOT)

What's the word.

Kelliee in Oregon

Old 12-01-2010, 02:43 PM   #2
VinnyButch
World Exotics

Kellie,

I know this answer is probably too late to be of any help to you, but maybe in the future...
I've purchased several mammals from World Exotics in the past 18 months. Every one has been spot-on perfect. Their prices have pretty much been lower than anyone else on the internet as well.
I've visited their facility in Naples, and the place is kitchen clean. Gary and Betsy are the owners and are as nice as you can hope for. My only complaint would be that they don't take credit cards, but I'm sure they've been burned and are just being safe.
I could not give a higher receommendation. Great animals, great people.

I hope this helps
Vinny

Old 01-04-2011, 09:11 PM   #3
carrie777
World Exotics

I know them and have dealt with them. They get a 10 out of 10! All animals are healthy, and I have been to their facility several times when I lived in Florida. They are great people to deal with. Prices are great as well. They have all kinds of animals and if they don't have it, they can probably get it for you!

Old 02-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #4
fidorefined
World Exotics / agoutis

I'm new to this site, and by chance just happened to speak with Gary at World Exotics today, as I am searching for agoutis. I'm worried about the stress on the animals, 1st shipping from S.A. to Florida, and then after just a couple of days at their facility, on to the final destination. Does anyone have experience with agoutis??? Or know of agoutis being bred in the US??

Also Gary said they don't permit anyone to come to their facility. I see some people have visited the location, so I'm a bit confused. I had hoped to save the animals one air transport by picking them up myself at their facility but he said that's not allowed.

Please, if anyone owns agoutis and has experience with them, I'd love to hear from you. I'm part of a team that has applied for a few gov't grants to research the feasibility of agoutis being trained in scent detection (similar to what APOPO is doing in Africa with Gambian pouched rats). I currently have a 6 y.o. female agouti who is tame, but still cautious with me. I've had her since Dec. Though this is my first experience with agoutis, I've had rats for 15 years, and am a dog trainer/behavior counselor for 28 years.

Virginia

Old 02-01-2011, 09:28 PM   #5
carrie777
If you want to ask Gary to meet you in florida to pick them up, I am sure he will be happy to do that. They are great people to deal with. As far as them not answering questions, they are very busy. They do try to call people and answer e mails. At least they always have for me.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:45 PM   #6
fidorefined
Thanks for your response, Carrie. I notice you live near me. What sort of exotics do you have, and what have you gotten from Gary in the past?
Virginia

Old 02-01-2011, 10:23 PM   #7
johnw3395
I would never buy from them again. we bought a male kinkajou from them. When our critter showed up at the airport, it was too young to be sold, had only one ear and wasn't a male. Also it was sent out a day late and by another breeder in Michigan, not Florida.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:05 AM   #8
LadyViper
I see they sell breeder Kinks and some other animals I might be interested in. Their website is way out dated. I wanted to bring this thread up again to see if there where anymore references since they are so varied.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:52 PM   #9
carrie777
exotics

They are around still! You can call and they will answer. I just spoke to Gary a few days ago!

Old 09-29-2012, 11:48 PM   #10
chinzilla
breeder kinks purchased from Betsy and Gary

Coming up in november I will jave had my kink pair for a year. Got them from gary and betsy and mostly delt with betsy. I can vouche very busy people b but when our times matched up betsy answered all my questions. She's a no bullhit don't waste.t My time or
yours type. I like that about her! Yes certified cashiers check they do to from the bank. Money first and animal later. But they will deliver for sure! Love my kinks to peices and through patients and every day work. They are way tamer then when tbey first arrived. But betsy did tell me upfront what I was buying. Shipping went smootb and both male and female were crabby but just fine. One bad note I did not brinf to their attenton is they both had worms very very bad. Round worms to be exact. Vet check paper wprl stated they were healthy... female had them the worst. Now. Before you freak out. Or judge. She's feeding them cheap dog food in a fruit mashed up in it and soaked in juices. As she described ot it to me. Not surprised they had worms being imports and diet. With that saod I would stoll do business with betsy and gary! I wouls recommend them to anyone. Just remeber imports are imports and are not a direct of their care. They came drom somewhere else before gettinf to betsy and then arri ing at your placr.My pair. Is getting ready to have their first baby for me!! Excited!!
BILL COLEMAN From MN

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!