Shipping to be held for pickup? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:52 AM   #11
Breaking Balls
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraleellbp View Post
I always request a hold for pickup when receiving animals. IME it's always worked much more smoothly that way; I know my animals are sitting safe in a climate-controlled facility, they've been there by 10:30am without fail, and I can plan the rest of my day accordingly instead of waiting at home on a delivery truck and all the potential associated delays.

I have the address of my local FedEx and send it to the seller so everyone's on the same page.
I agree 100%.

I've never had an animal delivered to my home. Too many horror stories of missed deliveries, delayed deliveries, incorrect addresses, animals cooking/freezing in the truck, and a myriad of other variables that can go wrong. My local World Center hub opens at 8:30AM and they usually let people in at 8:15AM. I've never had a bad shipment because of my policy on this.

Regards,

B

Old 09-15-2011, 01:14 PM   #12
FireStorm
Thanks for the help everyone...got really helpful email from Robyn last night which answered all my questions

Old 09-15-2011, 09:55 PM   #13
Mikkwa
I just wanted to add a little side note from a buyer>me. I don't ship reptiles as yet. I don't breed any of mine, but I have bought the majority of mine online, a great many from Fauna Classifieds. The first time I had a shipment sent to me it was a couple of tortoises & that's when I found out my FedEx driver doesn't get to my home til after 4:30 p.m with live shipments. I was beside myself with worry that my tortoises were cooking in the truck as this was in June in Texas. I called the 800 # for fedEx and they called me back after talking to the driver. I was politely told that he would be by my house between 4:30-5:30 p.m. & that is standard since I live off the main route & in the country. Luckily, the tortoises were in good shape, me not so much.

Since that day, I have insisted that all my shipments be held at the closest FedEx hub (where the planes fly in with cargo & packages) & I always give the shipper the address to the hub so that they have all they need before the shipping date. The closest one to me is in Abilene, Tx. & that is a 60 mile one way trip for me, but I gladly drive it for piece of mind that my babies are safe & secure til in my possession. The lady there doesn't even need to see my DL anymore, she just asks, "What is it this time?"

I have had a couple of shipments that the shipper forgot to put a hold on the package for pick up & that is no biggie. Once I get the tracking number & bring up the page for it, it has a place to ask for the package to be held by the receiver.

Just a little FYI from someone on the other end of the shipping process. When it comes to the well being of my reptiles, I don't like to take chances!

Old 09-18-2011, 09:19 PM   #14
corgigirl9
Last shipment I received was for arrival at 1030 at my home. At 1028, it arrived at the Fedex location. I called to see when it would arrive and they said it would go out with the afternoon shipment. I told them to hold the package and went to pick him up otherwise he would have arrived who knows when. This is the first one that didn't arrive on time. A little frustrating that with the high cost of shipping fedex wasn't on time.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #15
Samantha12986
I'm sorry to revive an old thread with what is probably a silly question, but how do you have a package held at a hub for pickup? I have shipped to residences plenty of times but I'm about to ship somewhere hot and will need to have the package held at the hub. I'll be going through shipyourreptiles. Do I use the hub's address as the "ship to address"? Is there a special option to select? Do I write "Hold" directly on the box? Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:27 PM   #16
Cache Reptiles
http://www.shipyourreptiles.com/en/g.../#question-127

That should help.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #17
Samantha12986
Great, thank you. I don't know why I couldn't find that on their site, haha

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!