Got any candling photos of piebald in egg? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-26-2011, 10:12 PM   #31
Quiet Tempest
Candled again Day 43. Still don't have a super duper flashlight but I think I got a couple decent shots in.

^ The egg with the small window. I'll call this one Egg A. I'm starting to see pattern develop in here now. Sort of disheartening but that's how it goes and as long as it's healthy I'll be happy - morph or not.

^ Still hard to make anything out in Egg B.

^ Considering it's so shadowy, I'm inclined to say Egg C is unlikely to be a pied but I guess time will tell.

^ It's hard not to get one's hopes up when comparing a really dark shadowy egg to a bright pink egg but, again, time will tell...

Just have a little longer to wait.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:35 PM   #32
Tere Salazar
Oh, so very cool! The second and third picture, you can clearly see some sort of patterning.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:10 PM   #33
RepLover1022
Can't wait to see what comes out!! Good luck!

Old 09-01-2011, 11:32 PM   #34
Quiet Tempest
I think we're up to day 49 now...

I think I've got the right letters assigned to these photos but I could very easily be mistaken... Nonetheless here are a few more photos I got tonight.

Egg A (has the window)

Egg B

Egg C

Egg D

Old 09-01-2011, 11:46 PM   #35
Quiet Tempest
Oh and video of the last one..

Old 05-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #36
SnakeGirl3
Just thought I'd update this thread for those who had been following it. LOL I know it's been a while, but I have a het albino X het albino clutch cooking, and thought I remembered this thread said which day was best to start candling for pattern, and it did. I guess Sandy forgot to update it with the excitement, but since I was her partner in this clutch, I know the results. haha We wound up with 3 pieds out of 4 eggs! 1 het pied male, 2 pied males, and 1 pied female; I kept the female pied, and Sandy kept one of the male pieds. Both the het and the additional pied male have already sold. She's borrowed my male pied again this season, though, so she may have some more pied babies this year.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:17 PM   #37
snakejems reptiles
tere girl,, great pics,, from my experience of albinos and pieds,,,, any flashlight on top off egg and shows alot of brightness and white is signs of either,, i did that to a pied clutch last year and was right on both and have prove from three friends and my girl,, i marked egg with pencil either p or h for het... pieds dont have pattern like first pics u have,, they look like hets, but other ones u have listed look like med to high white pieds for sure....also when i cut my lavender clutch, i also marked them and was right again,, it just takes time to understand and experience of egg production of several morphs and beyond..... good luck.. keep us posted....

Old 05-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #38
mgoblue347
Isn't candling to guess what the babies are sort of like sneaking a peak at your christmas presents early? I like the surprise and would rather wait until the babies come out. I do love Tere's picture with the pattern and Sandy's video, very cool.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:42 PM   #39
R. Eventide
Congrats on all the Pieds! Did we guess right on which ones were the Pieds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue347 View Post
Isn't candling to guess what the babies are sort of like sneaking a peak at your christmas presents early? I like the surprise and would rather wait until the babies come out. I do love Tere's picture with the pattern and Sandy's video, very cool.
Hee hee, kinda. ;-] I have fun guessing, though, even if it spoils the surprise a little. (Though, my guessing is mostly hit-or-miss.)

---

I was able to guess correctly while incubating a het Lav x het Lav pair for a friend. Four of them had obvious, dark pattern to them, while I could never see anything at all when candling the other. That last one always just looked bright pink whenever I would candle it. Turns out, that one was the Lav; the other four were pos hets.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!