Bad Guy Brandon Griffey - Page 31 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:06 PM   #301
DesertRat73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin S View Post
that is a few dates where is the card that will show more than just a smal window in time "and 4 meals in just over 2 weeks isnt alot?". As to trolling, I have every right as you. If you dont like my post dont repond

And the cause of death is what matters the most, next to a refund of some sort.

As to the keeping of Ball pythons I have been keeping them for almost 15 years, I might not be an expert but Im more than aware what is and isnt power feeding.
Those meals and the length of time between it's last meal and shipping show an erratic schedule at best. The rest of it's feeding schedule isn't relevant to the topic, as it can't remove culpability from the buyers.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #302
David Reid
I think the bottom line is this: 10 days is a short period of time to receive a Ball Python and have it die. If the Ball was received and placed by itself in QT, I would say a complete and timely refund was due the buyers. Because this was not the case, the buyers may have contributed to the snake's death. We may never know for sure.

If you bought a nice exotic used car, say an old Ferrari 308, and you got it shipped to you, and you took the car off the shipping truck and immediatly drove it on a high speed 200 mile trip, and blew the engine because there were no fluids in the engine, whose fault would it be? The guy who shipped it without the proper amount of oil and engine lubricants, or yours, for not checking it out before you drove it on a long trip?

Old 05-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #303
Kevin S
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat73 View Post
Those meals and the length of time between it's last meal and shipping show an erratic schedule at best. The rest of it's feeding schedule isn't relevant to the topic, as it can't remove culpability from the buyers.
what its record card could/would show how fast it got up to size and as to how it ate during its breeding season with the seller, how far did Xavier push the potion to breed

Old 05-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #304
DesertRat73
Quote:
what its record card could/would show how fast it got up to size and as to how it ate during its breeding season with the seller, how far did Xavier push the potion to breed
Again. It is irrelevant to the buyers culpability in the death, and has no bearing on determining whether on not they should be due the refund.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #305
Riyeko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill T View Post
So what killed your snake everything dies from something nothing just dies for no reason
Vet suggested that it might have died of stress or just not getting used to the new environment.
Otherwise, she did a bunch of tests, including one where she told me she opened the snake up physically (i forget the word at the moment, im not feeling well), and nothing ... no disease or virus was found.
Everything was how it was supposed to be.

Rocky died within four days of being at my house, from opening the box to the morning where I rolled over to take a look at him and finding him in his quarentine tub.

You should always quarentine your snakes, you should always keep it quiet around them to get the acclimated, and you should never put a snake that you just received in with females. Wait at least a week.

Ive said this once before, and ill say it again.
If you are so concerned with the money that you are spending on ONE animal, then wouldnt you WANT to take all the precautions?
Regardless if the animal is technically healthy, you do not know this.
With a $1000 snake, wouldnt you WANT to put it in quarentine, get it as healthy as possible before breeding it?

And honestly, waiting until next breeding season isnt that much of a time wait as both your females and the male will be older, healthier, theyll have more time to gain weight and be healthier to get ready to do their business and lay eggs.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #306
Kevin S
Quote:
Again. It is irrelevant to the buyers culpability in the death, and has no bearing on determining whether on not they should be due the refund.
what it does show that the seller may not have taken the best care aswell ,and it could have been a contribting factor, well have to wait and see what the vet determins was the reason it died.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #307
DesertRat73
Quote:
what it does show that the seller may not have taken the best care aswell
The buyers actions negate this being a factor, i.e. it's irrelevant.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #308
Kevin S
Quote:
The buyers actions negate this being a factor, i.e. it's irrelevant.
So a seller can mis represent a animal and sell it for something it is not , and its all on the buyer.. I guess your right buyer beware whom you buy from.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #309
deborahbroadus
Quote:
So a seller can mis represent a animal and sell it for something it is not , and its all on the buyer.. I guess your right buyer beware whom you buy from.
No, in this case, it's BUYER if you can't afford to lose your investment, TAKE CARE OF IT.

The animal wasn't even in the BUYER's care when it died.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #310
hhmoore
Anybody else think that, in the absence of participation from the buyer and seller, this thread has become akin to beating a dead horse?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!