Bad Guy Warning Aldabra Scam: Manning Johnson? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:26 AM   #1
EXCLUSIVELY EXOTICS
Warning Aldabra Scam: Manning Johnson?

So some one had posted bigger aldabras cheap on here a few days ago. I did not catch the name it was posted under but it had a phone number to call or text. The number is (401)859-2936. This is a Rhode Island Number but the people said they were in Texas.
The email address is manning.johnson@aol.com
The original ad stated they had a "B" Grade larger Aldabra up for $1200.00 and stated to contact for pics. Curious so I did and I started getting texts at 430 am.
They requested an email address so they could send a pic. After several hours of not responding I got numerous text asking if I was there. I gave my email address and got tons of adult aldabra pics. When asked where the "B" grade pic was I got in very poor broken english that was to get people interested. I asked for references they said they had none but would be willing to complete and "fill our paperwork and send to me proving they have been transfered into my ownership" and I was to sign and mail back with payment and they would return it with the tortoise/tortoises.
Jut for fun I asked them if they had the tortoises with them. They said yes. I asked to them to write on a piece of paper today is 4/10, hold it in front of the tortoise and take a pic. The attached picture was what I received. Now how can you lay the paper on top of a pic or computer screen and think we are this dumb! Just in case anyone was thinking on getting in on this too good to be true deal DON'T. As always be careful and research everything! I hope nobody got scammed from these. Also if a moderator could check the posts, it was 2 days ago and see if they can block these I'm sure overseas (bad at their job)scam artist that would be great. Enjoy the pic as it makes me smile everytime I see is. Idiots!
Attached Images

Old 04-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #2
EXCLUSIVELY EXOTICS
Oh and it gets better. Today I get a call from an Arizona number (480)253-9958 and guess who it's from?

CHARLIE BROWN calling about the Aldabras! You just can't make this stuff up!

Old 04-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #4
EXCLUSIVELY EXOTICS
That's them

Old 04-11-2013, 11:44 AM   #5
Dennis Hultman
It's the same person that also posted this ad.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...62#post1588962

The account will be banned in just a minute.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:53 AM   #6
Dennis Hultman
The other number they were using is
(908) 485-7006

Old 04-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #7
EXCLUSIVELY EXOTICS
Great thanks these idiots must think were are dumb!

Old 04-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #8
lud3au
awesome photo---------------------

Old 04-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #9
chadharper
I dont understand why scam and use B grade animals in the scam. Wouldnt it be easier to "sell" one of these tortoises as a healthy versus "eye or motor problems"?

Old 04-11-2013, 04:09 PM   #10
EXCLUSIVELY EXOTICS
I say everyone block your number and harass the hell out of them maybe they will get the hint.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!