Bad Guy Doug Matuszak, Boa Basement...Be careful when dealing with him... - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #141
RoyalPythonPros
***I pasted the wrong remark, I meant to say:
But in the same way, "I'll need a deposit to hold them" does not equate to "I decided today's the day so pay them off or I'm selling the animals you have a deposit on"

Old 05-17-2013, 06:56 PM   #142
hhmoore
You clearly think you are in the right, despite what little are saying. I'm not wasting any more time here.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:58 PM   #143
hhmoore
I hate mobile devices sometimes...
Despite what *people* are saying

Old 05-17-2013, 07:08 PM   #144
RoyalPythonPros
I'm not saying I'm right though. I'm saying that we did not have a set date and suddenly he gave me the option to in his words, "either make a story worth my time to continue waiting to get paid or pay me in full or forfeit your deposit".
I told him the complete truth, which he chose not to believe. He even told me I still owe him the balance and then put the animals back up for sale 15 minutes later.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #145
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalPythonPros View Post
I'm not saying I'm right though. I'm saying that we did not have a set date...
At best, you're making the case that neither you nor the seller handled this very sensibly. You may receive a slight credibility boost, when people see just how this seller conducted himself earlier in the thread; but I'm not seeing nearly enough to say that he's the bad guy, in this situation. He may not be warm and fuzzy, but I don't know that I'd consider him excessively unreasonable, either.

He dropped the ball by not being more open and forthright about just when he expected to be paid; but you did fail to follow through, and chose not to bother supplying an excuse until he initiated contact a full month after you failed to live up the the deadline that you kinda, sorta imposed on yourself. You seem to have been operating under the assumption that this was a completely open-ended transaction, to be completed at your leisure. No one wants to have to chase people down to collect a debt. It's impossible to say at this point, but, had you chosen to remain in contact, it's possible that this could have played out differently.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #146
KORBIN5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalPythonPros View Post
I never said I couldn't pay him, I ASKED if he could remove some animals so the balance would be lower so I could pay him sooner.

According to the ad you are getting 8 snakes for $350 shipped! You only owed $250 so how much lower did you want to go?

I think this all could've been avoided if you would've just done one payment plan at a time. Surely your other two payments would love to have been paid that extra $100 as opposed to you starting a new plan Did you check with them to see if it was okay? I mean now that things have come up you need to renegotiate with them but if you had done one at a time maybe the first would've been paid off?

Old 05-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #147
redboy
What happened to Paul and Doug ?

Old 05-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #148
Wrongbeach
Im still here....Doug is still....well, Doug. He is still sticking to his story regarding me but if you ask around anyone who knows us they will tell you the truth...everyone knows at this point.

Paul
www.designerboas.net

Old 05-26-2013, 04:23 AM   #149
jmp745
Not loving the way he talks to people. Or the way he all the sudden decided "todays the day". BUT, he was going to let your $100 be credit twards something else until you kept poking and blew that. You should have just taken the credit and let it go. Also, if you cant pay $350 in one shot or even in a reasonable amount of time, getting 3 layaways going at once was not a wise move. You gotta understand that sellers get real sick of excuses because there are millions of them out there, and this plays out the same way sooooo often. We could fill a fake country with fake dead relatives from all the bs excuses when it comes time to pay. My advise = get your money together, then pm someone about buying. If you ant got it, then wait until you do. Someone else will post something good eventually if the ones you wanted are already gone by then.

I did read this from the start, and although the original posts are kinda old, I'd still like to say that although I know neither party, I believe Paul. For a lot of circumstantial reasons. If he was asking for money, he'd need prof. He doesn't. He let people know his experience as he saw it. If he did that while making it all up, then hes insane. I just dont think thats the case. And the way doug defended himself was hilarious. Paul get off the drugs, because we all know smokin a fatty is like being a crackhead, and your probably spiraling out of control (sarcasm). If he (doug) was the victim of some baseless smear campaign he would have been in here right away laying it all out like "this is what the deal was, this is what was sent to me, this is what I sent back". He did nothing but run his mouth in a way that has me wondering about his mental health, while saying absolutely nothing about what actually happened. Innocent people simply don't deflect that way. They rely on facts and keep things on track, because that helps the honest party. That's what Paul has done sense his first post, and why I believe him. I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling that way, so the point of this thread has served its purpose with at least some who have read it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!