Anybody going to White Plains, in September? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 08-31-2004, 12:46 PM   #1
Sand&SunReptile
Anybody going to White Plains, in September?

Hey Everyone,
Is anybody planning on going to the White Plains, NY reptile expo the 12th of September?
I would recommend going, if you are anywhere within a 2 and a half or so drive, it is a great trip. I drive down, from2 hrs away, either looking for supplies, or feeders. There's always a great selection, and great herps at the show. I always tell myself, "no more critters" but I have never left the show without 2 or more herps.
I've never had any problems when buying from a reputable breeder, and even got a female breeding size corn from a small vendor at an excellent price.
The prices are usually low, and vendors always bring some cool stuff. Never short of crazy morph Ball Pythons.
Anybody care to share their White Plains experiances?

Old 09-01-2004, 12:14 PM   #2
oscar
just came in here to ask the same thing. i've only been to the last white plains show and planning on hitting the one next week with the wife and 2 kids. i had a great time and wanted to spend, spend, spend! we ended up coming home w/ an adult male crested and a baby sunburst beardie and both are doing great.

thinking of looking for another crested... or two. i'm in the middle of building a dual vertical enclosure and need something to fill it. also have been in touch with a guy about some g.luii. i have one at home and thinking of expanding.

now i just need to expand that wallet so i can watch it deflate.

Old 09-08-2004, 05:50 AM   #3
humpbacks1962
This may be our first one. So, help me out here to prepare: What payment methods do vendors accept?

Old 09-08-2004, 06:14 AM   #4
Bruce Lowder
Although some of the larger vendors do take credit cards, many are on a cash only basis. There is an ATM in the building, but because of the demand it sometimes runs out 1pm...!!!

Old 09-08-2004, 08:04 AM   #5
TooManyBurmese
I love that show. It's fun, busy, and compared to some other shows, it's a much friendlier atmousphere (that word doesn't look spelled correctly). I am one of the guilty ones that empties out that ATM ha ha!

Old 09-08-2004, 04:55 PM   #6
humpbacks1962

Oh my! I can predict here some tears at the end of the month

On an average, how much do you guys spend in shows? What have you acquired in shows? What will you buy only in them?

Wanda

Old 09-10-2004, 11:29 AM   #7
Limey
This is the first time in a couple of years I plan to go to White Plains. I know I'm going to go with a wallet full of cash!

Old 09-14-2004, 11:07 AM   #8
oscar
i went w/ my wife and kids and got there at about 11 and stayed til 3:30.

i was looking for some baby or juvie cresteds but really didnt see any that caught my eye. i was also interested in a flourescent corn which was gonna be our first snake, but again didnt seem to see any. my wife sternly told me that we are not getting any more!!!!

we got seperated and when i found her about 30 mins later she had an albino sonoran gopher on her hand that she had to have. after that i had to get something myself and ended up w/ an albino or hypo (not sure) cal kingsnake. worse.. while talking to the guy about the cal king, she picked up a leo gecko and next you know, we have a leo too.

overall i dont think we spent too much. maybe 150 or 200?

Old 09-16-2004, 03:05 PM   #9
Sand&SunReptile
I went looking for nothing in particular. That's the way for me to go. It seems when I am looking for a certain thing, supplies are incredibly limited, but the next show afterwards, they are overflowed with that. Last one in the summer I went lookin for rosies and hognoses. Only 6 combined in the building. This past show brought many of each. Kind of disheartening when looking for particulars. On the other hand, I came home with 2 very nice sub adult leos (females, albino and tremper giant hypo) and a killer 4+ft female King snake. Just a normal banded. Spent over 200. Or just at 200, something like that. November should bring another king (male preferably) and a CB ball python. Female.
Anybody else care to share what they've bought? Besides Danni, who, aside from her nice female ball, got ripped off. Hahahaha.
Good luck with your normal and poss het pied project.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!