Info Arizona Exotics --- Payson, Az. - Page 42 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:57 PM   #411
j_dunlavy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
I quit reading all the back and forth after page 9 or so (my viewing is set to 60 or something per page ... total of 11 pages for me).

I looked at the pictures taken and noticed algae in a lot of the bowls, that does not happen over night. The one picture that shows a cricket trying to drink, there is barely any water in that bowl.

I have NEVER seen a perfect pet store, nor do I ever expect to.
All true.
I will say that sometimes algae can get into the hard water deposits inside the bowl and become difficult to clean out, visually speaking, even if the dish is clean. The hardest dishes to clean algae from were the cast resin type, they had a slightly rough texture. Algae does grow rather quickly under UV light in warm temps; calcium takes time. Regular cleaning prevents algae growth and reduces the calcium buildup.
I'm not saying these dishes were clean, just adding a note on that.

At the shop I worked at, we used to soak old dishes that became calcified in vinegar to clean them up. It did take quite a while for calcium to build up so we did the vinegar soak about every other month or so. Most of the time, calcium was a problem on dishes that came in with a donated animal. Daily cleaning prevents calcium deposits for the most part, but it does eventually build up.
Algae on the other hand, wipes right off a clean glazed ceramic dish. Algae also takes about 3-5 days to grow. Daily cleaning, even cleaning every 3 days, and you will never see any algae.

No shop is ever going to be perfect, but you can tell which shops are making an effort to be top notch. This shop was not.

Old 12-16-2014, 02:31 PM   #412
SoCalAce
Recent Transaction

Hi All,

I scanned this thread (granted I did not read 42 pages, or even more than 5 because I found that most of it was bickering to no point) before making a purchase from Arizona Exotic Pets, and I could not find enough evidence to stop me from going forward with the purchase.

I inquired about an ad for a pair of White Lipped Pythons they had for sale. My inquiry was promptly responded to by someone named Austin. He told me that they had not had the pair very long, and that although they refused the first feeding attempt, they had both eaten the second offering and that was the only meal they had had with them (I find admission to only having them for one meal to be respectfully honest). We worked out a price, and once I sent the funds via Paypal, Austin replied again that he had received it. We then worked out a ship date, which I had to move the day before for my own convenience. Austin was quick to reply, and accommodating throughout.

The snakes arrived well packaged and on time. They were clean and healthy looking, and I was very happy. Being that these guys can be finicky eaters, I waited until they took a meal with me before coming here to say that I had a very pleasant transaction with Austin. I would not hesitate to do business with him/them again.

Old 12-16-2014, 02:38 PM   #413
Celtic Constrictors
Well, it's fortunate the snakes were new to their care, eh? Your post is certainly a testament to whoever owned them before Arizona exotics got a hold of them.

I'm sure they will thank you for the kind words and resurrecting a bad guy thread to the top of the headlines.

Old 12-16-2014, 02:59 PM   #414
SoCalAce
The bottom line is people come here to decide if it's safe to do business with someone. If they do search here, they are certainly going to find this thread, and I am happy to add my experience with them as a pleasant one. It's ok with me if you want to throw in a meaningless sass post of your own Evan.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:06 PM   #415
Amelanistic Orca
I'm bettin' that Collard Lizard is glad you supported them... #tarded

Old 12-16-2014, 03:42 PM   #416
Celtic Constrictors
Consider yourself lucky Andrew. There's more than enough documentation in this thread that supports my stance on this company. I certainly wouldn't support them if I were you. By extension, you're as guilty as they are and frankly, I won't do business with anyone who endorses animal abusers.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:59 PM   #417
SoCalAce
Fair enough. Perhaps I did not read enough of this thread. A side effect of 416 posts. Nonetheless, they had what I wanted when no one else did, and no one benefits from me passing up an oppurtunity to get something I want. I can't say I have regret.

I'm certainly not going to take resposibility for their past transgressions. There is no fault in attaining animals that I want and sharing the details afterward. I haven't seen their store, and I don't know if they turned things around since their problems were brought to light.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!