Hi. I lurk. Think I just got a rare yellow tegu??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:56 AM   #1
inlandempress
Hi. I lurk. Think I just got a rare yellow tegu???

I am Thalia
I have argentine and columbian tegus, and I waste a lot of time looking at Tegus online.
I drove a couple of hours to pick up a free tegu from an owner who had to suddenly move. I was expecting a little golden tegu (columbian) but he is not one. He's muscular and almost 3 feet, with well defined stripes down his whole back and exquisite tiny scales. High concentration of lighter tones. And his face is very different from any columbian or argentine face I have seen. He looks fierce and solid, but he was calm enough to eat an egg and let me pick him up once his owner was far away. Will post a picture when my iphone is fixed
Anybody got a yellow tegu, Tupinambis duseni? That's what his owner said he was when I commented that he didn't look columbian to me. I read that they are illegal to import.
The guy had large, perfect tanks to give away. I could only fit two in my car. If you are reading this within the first two days I wrote it, and you live in Southern California, I might be able to hook you up with some fantastic free equipment, but you will need a truck or van to pick it up. I feel obligated to find a home for the valuable enclosures.... The equipment is located in Perris, which is near Riverside.
Contact me if you want the tanks or if you have seen any rare tegu subspecies in the US.
Thallia

Old 10-07-2015, 11:22 AM   #2
NIGRO51
"I waste a lot of time looking at Tegus online"

Hahaha looking at awesome animals is never a waste of time. Im interested in seeing a pic of your tegu.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!