Alrighty I have a serious problem - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-03-2004, 08:29 PM   #1
therock050283
Alrighty I have a serious problem

I have a male BCI that I think may be in trouble... He just got done shedding, well he shed his eye caps but i noticed after the shed that he had some kind of film on his eyes. I didnt like this, i cleaned it with a mild saline and q-tip, and it came off... well i got home this evening and wham he has puffy eyes, i dont think i did anything wrong did i? he started and finished the shed by himself, i didnt touch him until afterward and noticed it. What is it? an eye infection? retained eyecaps? I dont know....i need some help and told if i need to take him to the vet.. or the use of conventional things i have? i dont know and i need guidance, this has never happened before. thanks for your input

Old 11-03-2004, 08:31 PM   #2
Chris@TSE
this is in the wrong place.......

Old 11-03-2004, 08:33 PM   #3
therock050283
then please direct me

please direct me to the right spot please

Old 11-03-2004, 08:35 PM   #4
DThomas
The right spot would be the Boa discussion forum. Moved.

Old 11-03-2004, 08:42 PM   #5
therock050283
have any thoughts

i dont know what to do, he has a really good vet, Dr. John Rossi, but i am trying to avoid that, if its something simple, its all i need to know. thanks shawn fraley

Old 11-07-2004, 02:20 AM   #6
MGReptiles
Swelling can mean infection...Does the snake have mites? That can also cause swelling on the eyes... If you ask yourself do I need to tak him to the vet then you need to take him. IMO it sounds like antibiotics might be in order...

Old 11-07-2004, 06:40 AM   #7
therock050283
alrighty i have a serious problem

has already been done, dr rossi took care of him, what it is, is he shed more than one layer of eye cap when he shed, which resulted in a exposed eye shield. there fore causing infection, i have him just like he wants to be in his cage, humidity box , anti biotics, and the amikacin shots to boot, he is doing fine now , but thanks for the reply

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!