Inquiry PAY PAL - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-19-2016, 02:25 PM   #1
JimM
PAY PAL

Anyone here other than me having trouble with Pay Pal ?

I am in the process of buying some snakes from a guy and I'm having a real hard time getting Pay Pal to send the money. I don't use a Pay Pal account I have it taken directly out of a bank account that has been on my Pay Pal account form the beginning and there is more than enough money in the account.

Two weeks ago I purchased a few snakes and it went through instantly as you expect it to ... which is the whole reason for using PayPal. This time they told me it will take five days and that I should always inform the seller that it could take this long. WTF ????? Since when ???? If this was the case I'd use a money order.

I called them and the 'customer service' sounded like he was about 16 years old reading answers off of a card .... and never got the answer of why they insist on sending something called an 'e-check' to the seller instead of doing it immediately. Best I could get out of the kid was it was for my protection.

I e-mailed them about also and of course also get an automated e-mail answer that still doesn't answers my question.

I''m just lucky the seller is being so understanding about the situation.

Anyone else have to deal with this and find out anything I didn't ?

Needless to say this will be the last time I deal with Pay Pal , whether buying or selling.

Old 10-19-2016, 02:41 PM   #2
senusenu
This strange. It should be an option to use an e-check and not forced. I have a PayPal card (linked to my bank so automatically transfers if I don't have a balance), and I use my bank card and bank account. Whatever one I choose, it's always instant.

Did you pay by invoice, or did you send money straight from your PayPal account? Is it possible the e-check option got selected by accident?

Old 10-19-2016, 03:02 PM   #3
Lucille
Jim, one time when I had not updated my credit card (it had expired/been renewed and I updated it everywhere else, I just forgot Paypal) all my payments went to checks until I did update it.

Old 10-19-2016, 03:09 PM   #4
kingpinreptiles
Yeah you might need to verify your account.. I recently started a 2nd paypal, to link to my business account, and when I received money to that new account they held it for 30 days. They said I could get it quicker if I give them the tracking number showing it was delivered or verify the account. Which makes no sense all the way around, the paypal is linked to my bank account and debit card seems like its verified to me.

Old 10-19-2016, 03:11 PM   #5
JimM
I don't use a credit card for Pay Pal ... never have ... always this same bank account account.

IF I selected something by accident , I would think they would have pointed this out to me as soon as I called and questioned what was going on . This is what I thought happened OR my account got hacked and would see nothing but $0.00's when I checked it - which fortunately wasn't the case. Whew !!!

Instead I get 'answers' like I'd get if I was asking Hillary Clinton something. They just keep telling me to always inform the buyer payment could take as long as five days that Pay Pal isn't always an instant payment.

As it stands today , it is still 'pending' since the 16th. I'll never use them again.

Old 10-19-2016, 03:16 PM   #6
JimM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpinreptiles View Post
Yeah you might need to verify your account..
Well you would think that would have happened when I talked to someone on the phone ... but all the kid did was read things off of a card that didn't pertain to my problem.

I just called again and this time asked to speak to a supervisor. They put me on hold for 15 minutes then cut me off .

Old 10-19-2016, 03:54 PM   #7
Mike Schultz
Sounds like a Paypal customer support issue, not a fauna BOI issue

Old 10-19-2016, 04:42 PM   #8
David Scarboro
Just as a precaution, I ALWAYS use a credit card through paypal. IMO that gives me double protection.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!