Looking for some info if anyones got the time!! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-05-2005, 08:52 PM   #31
Drew1220
just curious, as to what worms look like? Are they even visible to the human eye.. One of my babies did its buisness when I gave it a bath but didnt clip it off..so anyhow when I first looked at it I thought a piece of skin came off but I was wrong it was like a clear fluid that had black or brown specks in it..Well if I stared at these it appeared they were moving a LITTLE bit but it could have been my eyes playn tricks..Anyhow Someone once mentioned a product called Parazap so not sure if I should get some..The one in question has a full belly and they again both seem fine..No sickness related issues it seems..So if anyone has a suggestion let me know please

Thanks

Old 06-05-2005, 09:34 PM   #32
some_lizard_guy
Do NOT use parazap, or any medication, without getting a fecal first... The worms are NOT visible to the naked eye, you need a microscope to see them... If you are worried about parasites, I suggest you see a vet before you medicate an animal that *may* be completely healthy.
-Drew

Old 06-05-2005, 10:39 PM   #33
Drew1220
is there a world wide vet directory I can look up to find one close to me?

Old 06-05-2005, 11:20 PM   #34
barker109
Drew S. just curious as to your experience with parazap. I've been using it very successfully. Its homeopathic and works on flukes also. Not mentioned for tapes though. thought maybe you had a bad experience or know something I don't.
Take care,

Old 06-06-2005, 10:37 AM   #35
some_lizard_guy
I just think, as Andrew is new to dragons, that he shouldn't "fire blindly" without even knowing if there is a problem... I'm not saying these products don't work, I'm saying that you shouldn't use medication without *knowing* if there is a problem. (That goes for the people that use a probiotic regimen too) Barker, you are probably pretty experienced with the stuff, and may get fecals done beforehand (I don't know) but I don't think that you would recommend it to a person that is new to the animals...

Oh, Drew, to find a herp vet look here: http://www.herpvetconnection.com/

-Drew

Old 06-06-2005, 01:08 PM   #36
Drew1220
thanks for the info..I think im gonna go see the SAME vet that the reptile store I bought my babies from uses..Dr Greek in Yorba Linda..Id rather see if they were completely healthy then be worried..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!