Msherps - Page 19 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-31-2005, 11:26 PM   #181
ms_terese
Quote:
I make it a point to NEVER purchase anything from someone who adds a PayPal surcharge. It is no different than saying you accept credit cards but want me to pay your CC vendors processing fee.
I couldn't have said it any better myself!

Old 08-01-2005, 12:01 PM   #182
Junkyard
Just a heads up on their sales tactics. I have noticed that with every set of 2 or 3 ads placed on kingsnake, one is always imports or wild caught. I am aware of this tactic used in selling other products that are not snakes. Show them all the crap as good, but only mention the mild truth about one of them. This is used widely to misinform people. I used to be a salesman and I would never do this, I was upfront and honest, sure I did not sell as much or as fast. But my customers always came back, whereas the slimbags rarely had return customers.

WC Guyana redtails as mild demeanors is garbage, I was sold a 5' male and a 6' female as CBB. Wouldn't you know it, their WC!!!!! I cannot get them to eat, they hate anything that moves and tries to kill it as soon as they see it, except a rat! Watch out for those import BRBs they are nippy at times. I love the way one is big held in a picture, looks like it is trying to strangle the hand that holds it. Imports for full price, what a deal!!! At least they are honest about that one. Hey, their Albino Burms look great though.

Old 08-01-2005, 01:51 PM   #183
Jungle Gems
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard
Just a heads up on their sales tactics. I have noticed that with every set of 2 or 3 ads placed on kingsnake, one is always imports or wild caught. I am aware of this tactic used in selling other products that are not snakes. Show them all the crap as good, but only mention the mild truth about one of them. This is used widely to misinform people. I used to be a salesman and I would never do this, I was upfront and honest, sure I did not sell as much or as fast. But my customers always came back, whereas the slimbags rarely had return customers.

WC Guyana redtails as mild demeanors is garbage, I was sold a 5' male and a 6' female as CBB. Wouldn't you know it, their WC!!!!! I cannot get them to eat, they hate anything that moves and tries to kill it as soon as they see it, except a rat! Watch out for those import BRBs they are nippy at times. I love the way one is big held in a picture, looks like it is trying to strangle the hand that holds it. Imports for full price, what a deal!!! At least they are honest about that one. Hey, their Albino Burms look great though.
Michael,

Thank God someone else said it! There are several of those types of reptile companies (reptile redistributors) advertising on Kingsnake currently and I just want to throw up when I read the ads! I get the importers' wholesale lists every week and you'd be amazed to see that each week they order every new animal that comes on Monday and have them up for sale to the public on Tuesday... and usually (and conveniently) they fail to mention that these are FRESH IMPORTS (aka stressed, bad attitude and likely to die). This disgusting practice is why so many are turned off of our otherwise wonderful hobby. It also amazes me that these "brokers" rarely (if ever) use their own pictures or descriptions (I've seen Zoological Import's descriptions copied and pasted in the ads word for word). Imports are great if you want to add some fresh blood for your breeding stock (in which case you can order them from the importers for yourself), but to sell these animals to the general public is doing everyone who is serious in this hobby a grave disservice. It just baffles me sometimes that people can actually be so heartless and callous to the regard of another living creature.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!