UPS strikes again!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 06-03-2006, 08:35 AM   #1
crotalusadamanteus
UPS strikes again!!

I have to say I absolutely HATE this carrier. For one, I used to work for them in Shipping and Receiving. Although very good money and benifeits, I could not stand the total disregard in which they handled packages, regardless if marked fragile, perishable, or whatever. This is the reason I quit.

So now I get a package through them, and behold the expert delivery. It was placed on My porch, though instructions to leave in mail box if not at home. Well, I was home, and not even a rap on the trailer to tell me they were there. My dog told Me they were there, I open the door, and there lies this.......

Not that the idiot sender helped out any with his top of the line packaging......

This is supposed to be a brand new product. (Dealing with that right now.) But I believe whole heartedly that UPS crushed the box, and broke the tubes inside, just from knowing first hand how they handle packages. I have recieved many like this.

I am about to stop buying from anyone who uses UPS for there shipping. Seems to be the only way I can avoid these kind of hassles. I would not recommend them to My enemies.

Anyway, just My $0.025,
Rick

Old 06-03-2006, 08:56 AM   #2
Cat_72
That sucks. I guess I've had good and bad luck with every major carrier, so none of them rate any higher than another in my book.

Those 8 packing peanuts probably did the best they could......lol. Ridiculous.

Old 06-03-2006, 09:05 AM   #3
gmherps
Good ol' UPS: the service that stinks!!!

Old 06-03-2006, 09:42 AM   #4
Bill & Amy
If that would have been packaged correctly it might have made it. I can't believe someone shipped glass like that, remind me not too order from them. Then on top of it, it looks very dirty for a new item!!!!

Old 06-03-2006, 10:32 AM   #5
Scott Nellis
Talking Just a quick note here...

It is illegal to put anything in a US post office box (mailbox) except for incoming or outgoing mail.....no newspapers, no flyers, no boxes shipped by other companies. That's why UPS did not put your parcel in the mailbox...it's illegal and they are told NOT to. By the way, that's the crapiest job of packing I've ever seen. One should pack a box EXPECTING it will be run over by a Abrhams tank....because it probably will.....lol.

Also, did you think the driver would knock on your door KNOWING what the package looks like? Heck, he probably RAN back to his truck to get out of there before you opened the door...lol. It all sucks, I know...I've had snakes delivered with NO knock on my door!! I just waited till 10:30, looked out on my porch, and lo and behold...there's a box sitting there. I don't know why they stopped ringing doorbells....they're still SUPPOSED to as far as I know.

Scott Nellis

Old 06-03-2006, 10:34 AM   #6
crotalusadamanteus
Yeah, that beef is with the seller though. I opened that can already a couple days ago as soon as I opened it. This is in no way a new item. The threads are so worn, it would not be usable even if the glass was intact. That dirty looking stuff is scale from improper washing and drying IMO. This is a well used item.

We'll just have to see what happens with paypal. I should know better than to ebay. LOL I hardly ever do.

But I still HATE UPS!! LOL

Rick

Old 06-07-2006, 08:53 PM   #7
cliff_f
I have bought alot of stuff on ebay so far I have been lucky and have not been ripped off I havnt had a package destroyed yet but I dont think I have ever had ups knock on the door I always go out on the front porch and there it lays! They have got a few nasty e-mails from me but nothing has changed. The day something does happen to my package it wont be pretty because man I can throw a fit! lol!

Old 06-07-2006, 09:23 PM   #8
varnyard
Richard, looks like a bad deal all the way around. I am not a fan of UPS either. But that was a bad seller as well. No way that was even close to being new.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!