Help!!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-28-2006, 02:02 PM   #11
addicted
sticky rainbow

Well i guess i am lucky i have one right down the street from me.i wish i could offer advice but i have never had that probleb before.i would like to hear how you resolve the problem incase i or anyone i know runs into this in the future.

Old 10-28-2006, 02:50 PM   #12
Leighanne
Maybe you could just use Neosporin without pain reliever of course or betadine. Aren't those used on wounds for our animals?? Soak him. Is he close to a shed? Its stuck to his top layer, so I'd guess I'd come off fine in a shed. It sounds cruel I guess but take away his hides so he can't hurt it anymore. If hes in a small rubbermaid with no hides and you cover it he could feel safer that way at least until he sheds.

Old 10-28-2006, 07:55 PM   #13
Ginger Ambrose
Bert,
So sorry to hear this little one is having problems.
I hope you can get it fixed without any further pain to him.
Wish I had an idea to help.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:34 PM   #14
crotalusadamanteus
I think the vegi or olive oil is the best remedy. My only concern would be if it has an open wound, I wouldn't want to be getting any of it in the wound. Perhaps a Q-tip with a little of the oil would get it off and control the amount used somewhat.

Good luck, I would still see the vet on Monday though.

Rick

Old 10-28-2006, 11:23 PM   #15
liquidleaf
Try mineral/baby oil if veggie oil doesn't work. That should work very well. I'd hesitate to use goo gone or one of those, they smell so harsh, those chemicals can't be good for a snake. I've used mineral oil for stuck eyecaps and it works great.

Alternatively, try soaking in slightly soapy water for a while. I once had a little snake that my husband found at his work in a small critter keeper temporarily until we could release him outside at our house... and had a little supposedly 'small wattage' heat pack on the bottom of the keeper. The heat pad malfunctioned and melted a hole right into the bottom of the keeper, and the little snake had been burrowing under the paper towel in the bottom of the cage and the poor guy was stuck BADLY to the adhesive on the heat pad. I felt so horrible and thought he would die, he was stuck THAT bad. But we soaked him in soapy water and after a bit gently worked him off of the adhesive, and successfully let him go in the fields behind our house.

Old 10-30-2006, 01:11 PM   #16
scalesnstuff
Angry

Well we got it off, took 2 hours and three razor blades, we ended up cutting the glue off of the sticky tape so their is still glue on the skin, but at least the tape is gone. The skin is torn pretty good, we cleaned it out with Betadine, applied some of the Zoo Med Healing Wound Aid and then put some liquid skin on it. I believe it is going to the vet today, hopefully everything will be alright. I appreciated everyones input the guy that brought it in was not to happy about it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!