Bearded Dragon "Skin Sore" Really Weird HELP ! ! ! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-04-2006, 10:35 PM   #1
p_i_r_sales
Question Bearded Dragon "Skin Sore" Really Weird HELP ! ! !

Hey guys,

I just noticed on my male bearded dragons skin a round spot that kinda looks like the scales fell off and has a skin like look under it. I'ts not oosing anything and seems quite dry. I touched it and it didn't seem to bother him at all. Allthough, he does have a personality of a Lab and will put up with quite a bit, lol.
Worried that it might be some sort of skin fungus. If anyone has any clues on what this might be, I'd love to hear it. I've attatched a couple pics to give everyone a better idea of what it looks like.
He's been to the vet and treated for all parasites but this just popped up in the last week or so after he got done shedding. He's caged by himself with no view of any other dragons. His temps are good and the hot spot in his cage is good as well, so him having a heat burn would be ruled out. His cage is picked up daily and spot cleaned and I deep clean his cage once a week.

Thanks,
Jerit
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nitro's wound 1.jpg (223.2 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg Nitro's Wound 2.jpg (198.4 KB, 120 views)

Old 11-05-2006, 10:03 AM   #2
FireDrake
That looks like an old, healed scar to me.

Old 11-05-2006, 10:05 AM   #3
FireDrake
HEy I just realized you're in Colorado....where at?

Check out this page: http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/coloradoherps/ and maybe join us!

Thanks

Sarah

Old 11-05-2006, 03:51 PM   #4
p_i_r_sales
Hey Sara,

It looks like an older healed scar to me also but he just got done shedding and this is what I had found. This couldn't be more then 2 weeks old. I had him borded with scales & tales for a week. I think that is where he had gotten this. When I picked him up from them he was in mid shed so I couldn't see any problems then. After his shed is when I noticed.

I live in Northglenn Co.

You?

Thanks,
Jerit

Old 11-05-2006, 03:54 PM   #5
p_i_r_sales
Thanks!

I'll check out that link.

Jerit

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!