Parazap Question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-16-2007, 12:01 PM   #1
a1littlesister
Parazap Question

I read that Parazp was something that was good for helping increase appetite along with the natural way to get rid of some worms...anyway I ordered some for Abbott and Costello. My question is has anyone on here used this before? It told how to make the tea to give the dragons but it didn't say if you should keep it in the fridge or room temp till it's used up..also can I just dust the crickets with some of it. I'm having a heck of a time getting them to take it with a dropper. They don't have worms I have had them checked but Abbott has lost his appetite lately so thought this might help. Thanks for any suggestions.

Alexa

Old 01-16-2007, 05:59 PM   #2
Bar None Reptiles
Well it is an herbal combination, so I would not count on it as a means to get rid of worms if you did have them. But I see a purpose for it as a preventative for an already healthy dragon. You can use the shake and bake method, but I have found they are not that fond of those crickets covered with it either. The tea would be your most effective, and cost effective, way to do it. To administer it you use the syringe, but you can get a tip that is placed on the syringe, it's plastic and some vets may have it. It is something they use for tube feeding and costs like 25 cents. It makes it much easier to get into the tiny lip towards the back, then you just slide it forward when they open their mouth. Works great! And you can put it in the fridge to save leftover or just make smaller amounts.

Old 01-17-2007, 08:11 AM   #3
a1littlesister
Thanks, so the tea I made up Monday I should toss since I have had it at room temp and not in the fridge. It never said on the sheet what to do.

Old 01-17-2007, 08:33 AM   #4
varnyard
I would not be looking for this stuff to work, I tried it a few years back and was not impressed.

I am not the only one that has used it and did not like it. It has a well-known nickname as well; many people call it (Paracrap).

Old 01-17-2007, 01:30 PM   #5
a1littlesister
Did you use it to increase the appetite or rid worms? My dragons appetite loss could be because of winter...but they are just 6 months old and maybe they don't eat as much as they did when they were really small. I'm still learning about these guys...or shall I say now I think they are girls. Thanks for your respond. Next time before I purchase anything I'll check on here first and get advice.

Old 01-17-2007, 01:46 PM   #6
Bar None Reptiles
Yeah, I am not too fond of the stuff either. But like you I figured I would give it a try. I find it more of a waste of money and it is expensive for what it is. Some dragons go off feed this time of year and so long as they maintain good body weight I would not worry about it much. Let nature take it's course. They know best what their bodies want. Just keep an eye on them during the process and you should be fine.

Old 01-30-2007, 04:04 PM   #7
RobertII
Parazap is an herbal product that purges the digestive system. Its ok for the ocassional worm purging (Wolnt work for pinworms). The product does not work on coccidia or other parasites that live in the intestinal wall of your beardie.
Think of it this way. If you are feeding your beardie a tea that causes it to purge everything out of its digestive track do you think its gona be hungy? I would be.
I think that just getting fecal checked for parasites and treating them if you have a problem is the best way. Some people use the powder and Dust their crickets with it for 5 days everymonth as a preventative. I dont persoanlly. I am not a fan of it.

Old 02-08-2007, 08:14 AM   #8
whiskersmom
Parazap's ingredient's include wormwood, black walnut and cloves. Wormwood is an ingredient in Absinthe, which is a strong and potentially lethal drink....I don't even think it's legal anymore.
I would be very afraid to use it without the guidance of a vet.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!