babies arriving - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-21-2007, 12:20 PM   #1
fstop2100a
babies arriving

Just wanted you all to know that the first 3 eggs have hatched some very tiny dragons. It is about 10 days short of their expected arrival date but here they come. So far one out of the three is really red and the other two just have red bands. I am hoping for one all red one without too many bands but who knows. I designed and made several of my own incubators using the helix controller set at 84 degrees. Now for the fun part hoping the cricket order arrives overnight so I have something for them to feast on. I don't think they will eat for the first few days anyway but I will put some water and some salad in their just in case. I would never have believed how tiny these things are......Richard

Old 02-21-2007, 04:20 PM   #2
Bar None Reptiles
Don't worry, they won't stay small for long! They don't eat right out of the eggs cuz they are digesting their egg sack still. But it's good to get the crickets and gut load em real well before hand. Congrats!

Old 02-21-2007, 05:13 PM   #3
Reptileking636
the babies are by far the most rewarding aspect of keeping bearded dragons, its funny when they try and attack you when you reach in to pick them up

Old 02-21-2007, 06:46 PM   #4
Lizardeaux
Congrats on the babies! Put some pics up for us, I can't wait to see. Nothing more exciting than your first babies.

Old 02-21-2007, 07:07 PM   #5
fstop2100a
One seems stuck trying to get out so I picked up the egg and make the opening a little bigger for him/her. Lots of water came outs so maybe the baby can get out now. As for the rest of them they are not due for another 10 days....

Old 02-22-2007, 02:38 PM   #6
shinkster
it's important to let the babies get out on their own... i wouldn't recommend helping too much.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:54 PM   #7
fstop2100a
ok I will let them get out on their own then. They are so small its hard to believe they get as big as they do. I doubt I have a camera that would even focus so close but I may try. 3 more hatched today and the really large eggs are yet to hatch.

Old 02-22-2007, 06:29 PM   #8
Bar None Reptiles
That seemed to happen to me alot too. The biggest eggs hatch last. Lazy buggers soaking it up all they can I guess! Always let them come out on their own. They wiggle a bit, then take a nap for a while it seems, but they always get out eventually. Not like my leopards who come flying right out of that egg faster than I can blink.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!