Where do you keep your animals in your home? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-05-2007, 08:20 AM   #31
Ginger Ambrose
The House..............

The entire house is utilized at this moment. My room houses all of my Boas.
Three adults, and three babies. I also have my one non-feeding Ball Python in my room. The living room houses two additional Balls, & a rat nursery. The diningroom houses another Ball. the garage is the rat barn for now.
My dream of a dedicated snake room was within reach.................
then grown kids came home. So for now the snakes have the house.
I am planning a heated/cooled building for the rats this year. And maybe, I can have my snake room back (the dream) within the year.
The dog (15yrs old) has the run of the house.
And the betta is in the living room Forgot about him, LOL.
The people, husband, 4 yr old son, 18 yr old daughter, 23 yr old daughter & myself have the use of any area that is not being used by the rest of the animals.
I mean who really needs room to move? If you have alot of extra space then you do not have enough snakes yet.
LOL

Old 01-05-2007, 07:22 PM   #32
darkbloodwyvern
Talking me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
I have reptiles all over the house....LOL.

I have mine in my bedrrom/living room. I have a room that is actually two rooms, but the fire regulations said a wall had to be taken down, so there is a big gothic arch in between them
I have one setup in my TV/Computor area and one in my bedroom room. My roomate has them downstairs in her basement room. we both technically own three snakes each, i just need my guy to get shipped in this month.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:48 AM   #33
Pintado
I keep my 11 snakes 3 beardies, and 10-40 rodents in my classroom. Being a science teacher I use them to liven up the learning experience. This is great during the school year, but during the summer, they retreat to our house. We are playing with the idea of buying a portable building for the summer months.

Between the snakes, rats, and gerbils, we have lots of fun working out all the punnett squares, and it never fails we always we always get some surprises.

Old 01-12-2007, 08:51 AM   #34
Larry Suttles
I have two snakes rooms that take up the upstairs loft of my house.

The rodents used to in house until I produced too many and stunk it up and burned up the heating coils and had to get all the ducts and vents cleaned! Now their in the garage

Old 01-13-2007, 03:14 PM   #35
inked1
I rent a 3 bedroom apartment, but my 4 yearolds toys take up the extra bedroom, so I keep 2 balls in the living room, a corn, betta, and a dartfrog setup in the ding/computer room, and one cat that goes prettymuch wherever she feels like, and one cat that probably feels like going alot of places, but is too fat to get there. For the most part the cats leave the snakes and others alone except to sit snd stare at them.

Old 01-13-2007, 03:21 PM   #36
inked1
I rent a 3-bedroom apartment but my 4 yr old takes up alot of room with toys, so I keep 2 balls in the living room, a corn, betta, and a dart frog setup in the dining/computer room. One cat that pretty much goes wherever she wants to, and another that probably wants to go alot of places, but is too fat to get there(he's on a diet). Currently looking at houses to buy and planning around more critters. My wife has told me that I can't get any more until we buy a house, so I'm hoping one comes along quick!

Old 02-27-2007, 12:35 AM   #37
Nickysticky10
My ball python stay's in my room but he's only 3 feet long and he's a male so he won't get much bigger plus the fact that my snake cannot climb the best and the cage is to high for him to get out of plus the fact that there's a lock on the cage make's it sure he won't get out and if he ever did he couldn't go far he can't leave my room my room door stay's closed and he's WAY to big to fit under the door. I would never keep a full grown burmese python where i sleep in i would probobly keep it in a spare bedroom and have a good lock on the cage and have a lock on the doors so nobody can go in and out except you! I think its much safer that way and as for the red tailed boa's i might actully keep them in my room it all depend's on size a full adult cage could not fit in my room so it would most likly stay in our empty spare bedroom!

Old 02-27-2007, 12:37 AM   #38
Nickysticky10
Just to say i usually wouldn't house anything that could kill me if it got loose in my bedroom! And for my age i wouldn't own anything bigger then a red tailed boa girth wise and length wise and nothing larger then a rat snake length wise.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!