San Andreas Boa's - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-16-2007, 01:22 PM   #11
ckfisher
Well it doesn't look like i am going to find the original paper work if there apparently isn't any the only way to prove it will be DNA testing. Hopefully i can convince the Vet college here on PEI to take some interest in the topic with the possibility of them proving a rare locality here in Canada As there is no one in the US that i am aware of that still has any of the original animals. Here's to high hopes

Cheers
Kyle

Old 03-17-2007, 01:42 AM   #12
Metachrosis
I hear what your saying and its a valid point.
But if one was to indeed "Research" a subject one can easily find longstanding(still liveing) and very creditable sources to speak with on this very topic.
But I promise you will not find any of them on Fauna,KS,RTB,BPh,CE or any other trendy boide site(s)Their all still doing what they have been doing for the last 20-30 years,Popping crates of animals at the Ports and working with real locale BCI,BCC.If they were IN FACT "something" to begin with they would have never made it to Canada that you can be assured of.

Anyway......
Those that believe they are in fact SA locale need to get some State side supporters of this SA locale issue to speak up in favor of this so called Locale
Not that it will do any good ..... Vin has already told ya'll their Hog Isle BCI but it still hasnt sunk in.
Good Luck trying to hose the US market with those animals

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyj
'M',

You are referring to the recent 'boa locale' thread which has covered the San Andres boa saga in depth, as well as covering many other 'Boa constrictor' species or types. A great thread by the way.

There is now another 'San Andres' boa thread running on the same RepCan Bc website.

Throughout these whole discussions however, there have been a number of references to people who apparently know a whole bunch of highly relevant and related stuff, but who for whatever reason, wish to remain anonymous. Why is this? If they can truly shed some light on what really happened then they should speak up.

Please, let's start to name some names or better still have these people share with us the first hand knowledge they may have on this intriguing subject.

It just too easy for a third party to claim "I know a Guy who saw this.... or did this....or whatever", but without names, dates and places it is meaningless.

I'm not suggesting that what you say isn't true, but, you know what, I know a guy who says that he was the individual who actually caught the snakes on the San Andres Islands and personally smuggled them off the island and........so it goes on.

But he wishes to remain anonymous unfortunately.

Names and first hand accounts, do tend to add credibility what really happened. The rest is heresay.

Tony Platt (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)

Old 03-17-2007, 12:01 PM   #13
ckfisher
No intent to hose anyone i merly seek the truth. I have One of these so called "Sans" but you will not here me refeer to it as such. I bought it as a hog and it will remain a hog untill such time that there is actual proof that it is not. The reason i became so interested in this subject is because i seen someone trying to sell a
"Rare San Andreas Boa" For twice what you would pay for a hog. I had never even heard of this so called locale and it's hogg like looks made me wonder. The Canadian market doesn't need some bullshit fake locale spreeding around and no one else seeks the truth so i will do it or at least try.

Cheers
Kyle

Old 03-17-2007, 03:57 PM   #14
Metachrosis
My comment on "hosed" was non-directive and those offended by it have it rightfully coming.The Canadian Market isnt any different then the US,there are scammers and people looking to be "somebody" with something nobody else has.
The reason that "clown act" on the other board wont drop any viable names as "supporting sources" is because he knows full well myself and many others can and will bury his ass if he ever attempts such.So as I see him now he is a preditor and a petty thief,which is no different then anyone else in this market supporting an animal as something it isnt.

Its Stealing period.

M/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckfisher
No intent to hose anyone i merly seek the truth. I have One of these so called "Sans" but you will not here me refeer to it as such. I bought it as a hog and it will remain a hog untill such time that there is actual proof that it is not. The reason i became so interested in this subject is because i seen someone trying to sell a
"Rare San Andreas Boa" For twice what you would pay for a hog. I had never even heard of this so called locale and it's hogg like looks made me wonder. The Canadian market doesn't need some bullshit fake locale spreeding around and no one else seeks the truth so i will do it or at least try.

Cheers
Kyle

Old 03-18-2007, 03:20 PM   #15
Metachrosis
LOL!! the heat has been cranked up on that thread now
Them boys are all but DONE !! as in WELL DONE !

Old 03-18-2007, 11:21 PM   #16
ckfisher
Yea it's a popular topic now hopefully it'll be figured out one way or another.

Cheers
Kyle

Old 03-25-2007, 03:57 PM   #17
IBsmokin
Well I can tell you I got those boas as San Andres, I sold them for less then what they cost, sold them for only $100 bucks each, I no longer own those boas nor have I for a number of years now, so I have nothing financially to gain from saying they are san andres, but for me thats what they are.

Old 03-25-2007, 11:51 PM   #18
Metachrosis
Just because they were freighted in with other BCI
doesnt entitle them to whatever locale name someone chooses to pull outta their asset.Gotta love the Smugglers Blues supporting drama If they keep that bogus crap on their side of the border then let'em have ALL of IT !There has been enough exposer to prevent Stateside sales scams justifing their jacked-up "Worth"

Old 03-26-2007, 08:38 PM   #19
ckfisher
I am very interested to get feed back on this topic from more then just one
"State Side" Herper. Please Others leave feedback on how you feel.

Regards
Kyle

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!