Sidd Sheppard-Good fellow - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-16-2003, 12:51 PM   #1
Shai Gurl
Thumbs up Sidd Sheppard-Good fellow

Wellp, heres a nice guy post for Sidd... And a kind of a bad guy post for Airborne Express...

I contacted Sidd a few weeks ago about a three-way-trade I was trying to get for his red tegu, (a lady wanted my ball pythons, but had only colubrids which I wasn't too interested in; so I found Sidd who had what I was interested in, and in turn was interested in the lady's colubrids)... Kinda sounds loopy but it really works.... Anywho, I chattered with Sidd a few times via E-mail, and then by phone (I didn't want to ship immediately, I'm in Wyoming and it was way too cold at the time). My impression of Sidd is that he truly is a great fellow and really cares about his reptiles. Heck, we even had a bit of a chuckle over eachother not wanting to seem like a slacker or thief in the trade since it took os long to get worked through! Anywho, I know as far as a few impressions I have goes; that there are unfortunately a few people out there right now that have been jumping the gun on this guy over the last week. He had some serious personal issues come up and was away from his computer; which by all personal and ethical standards should be just fine.

Anywho, the shipping and situation I had with airborne express is something to note here( )... Sidd made arrangements for Airborne to pick up the tegu on Thursday (3/6) for a delivery on the next day, Friday... Even sent me the tracking number that Thursday. However, Airborne failed to pick it up on Thursday - They picked it up on Friday (and KNEW it was a live animal) but wouldn't deliver it on Saturday because Sidd didn't pay extra for the Saturday delivery. SO... The tegu was put in a warehouse in Iowa (Idaho? - Whatever, it was cold either way) for the weekend. This was big trouble for me, I'd driven 250 miles to Colorado (to my family's house) so it'd be warm enough to ship (Colorado was to hit about 60 degrees on that Friday, Wyoming was at 22). This means I had to contact my boss and push another day off (Monday) for the delivery (I already took Friday afternoon off).... I was beside myself, that tegu was condemned to live from Thursday to Monday in a box because of Airborne's SNAFU; and I didn't expect the poor thing to survive. Anywho, their guaranteed "noon" delivery arrived at 2PM (I called all day on Monday, every half hour from 9AM on - I made those Customer Service people Fear the Wrath of Sara!!!)... Thankfully, after opening the box and the bag I found a slightly dehydrated, very angry red tegu ALIVE! I soaked her for an hour and a half, loaded her up, and left for the north (250 miles, 4 hours of driving on some NASTY highways, and I was leaving at 3:30PM... Oh joy... ).... Anywho, the quick update is that the tegu is fine, absolutely BEAUTIFUL, and has never really offered to bite, just a wiggle-lizard (and a pig, she likes her meat more then greens/fruit, but can be tempted easy enough to eat them).

So this is where the story ends...
Sidd good,
Airborne kinda-bad (just because I'm still mad at them, even though they're usually pretty good).

Hugs n' Kisses!
-Sara Eyre

"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, riddle them with bullets!!!"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!