Shipping co. prejudice against reptiles!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-30-2008, 04:48 PM   #1
nocturnal1
Angry Shipping co. prejudice against reptiles!!!!

Hi, I am a fairly new member to Fauna. I've owned snakes for 11 years but have just recently decided to try a couple of breeding projects.

I live in Texas and it seems like every company I contact has a policy against shipping reptiles!! What the hell?!

Is getting an account through Delta Dash my only option? That's a 6 week waiting period!

Any help/responses would be appreciated!

Old 05-30-2008, 04:52 PM   #2
kellysballs
You can use fed ex to ship snakes if you take the time to become certified to do so. The other carriers (UPS and DHL) ship lizards and turtles just not snakes. Use the search option at the top of the screen and enter "steps to become fed ex certified". You have to look a little but that is the thread that has the instructions on what to do.
Good Luck

Old 05-30-2008, 04:53 PM   #3
kellysballs
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...edex+certified

Good news it is now a sticky!

Old 05-30-2008, 04:58 PM   #4
hhmoore
This has been discussed extensively in the shipping forum.......
To put it as simply, and briefly, as possible: the only overnight carrier that knowingly and admittingly accepts snakes is FedEx, and that is with their waiver and for "business to business". There is Delta, and Northwest. I haven't used Northwest, personally, but I have spoken to a rep...it sounds like they offer the same service as Delta, but without the necessity of becoming a "recognized shipper". A Delta account is great...but if you don't use it enough, they cancel it . I'm probably going to meet that fate, unless I get around to advertising/selling something this year, lol...at that point I may give Northwest a try.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!