Reptster.com experience with show sponsorship not good - Page 158 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-20-2008, 02:48 PM   #1571
TrulyRare
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSlurp1200 View Post
While I have already mentioned on another site that I have stepped down from moderating on Reptster a while ago I would just like to make it known here as well so that EVERYONE knows that I no longer have any affiliation or connection with David or Reptster.

I sincerely apologize if I have offended anybody or came off like an ass in my posts on this thread. When I first met David I really thought he was a level headed guy like most did before things started "popping up" when the first situation with the Kordek's first came about I took his word and gave him the benefit of the doubt and even posted in defense of him and the site. I was wrong, I should never have posted on the thread to begin with considering it was not my situation from the start. However I, just like many others really believed in the idea, the concept and the site itself...

Just like anyone else that believes in something... I was ready to fight for it anyway I could and ended up let down and very dissapointed with the way he had handled things or should I say.... Lack of handling things??

Obviously I can't go back and change what was said or posted... all I can do is continue to love my hobby and have fun working with the animal's we've been so fortuneate to have. I have recently spoke to Kelly and apologized to her and Matt for my posts and wished her the best with her season and upcoming shows... She does seem like a very nice person from our exchanges of PM's and I am happy to say that we have moved on from this in a positive direction.

I'm really saddened to have to see the way things have gone and know that all of this could have been prevented... If David would have communicated and taken action rather than just sit back and let things get to this point. He had a great group of supporters & customers and he has really just thrown it all away...

I can assure you Gerry WILL NOT be taking over Reptster and is 100% done as well as he himself has posted... He has done a great job answering questions and trying to help the users and community know what has been going on to the best of his knowledge as he believed in the idea and concept like alot of other people. I've known Gerry now for about 3yrs and I will back him up as one of my best friends and as one of the best people in the hobby anyone could ever work with or ask for...

This will be my last post in regards to anything related to Reptster or David Young...

Sincerley,

Steven Kelley

Well wrote.

Old 11-20-2008, 02:51 PM   #1572
InHogHeaven
Reptster's dead?

I just received in the last few days or so an e-mail from them regarding something about wanting people to get on line for this special going on... Something about different snakes being given away every hour on the hour...

Something like that anyway.

Odd.

Old 11-20-2008, 02:52 PM   #1573
TrulyRare
I think that was Reptastic. Not Repster. Did you join Reptastic? Because Reptastic, is having a anniversery give away the first of Feb. Thats prob the email you got, LOL.

Old 11-20-2008, 02:57 PM   #1574
InHogHeaven
Whoops! I should have checked first. You're correct. It was reptastic.

I apologize.

Old 11-20-2008, 02:59 PM   #1575
TrulyRare
lmao, cause I was like..umm......I think they got em mixed up. So..go post IT's a great site, a lot of young people learning to be keepers, and some experianced in the hobby seniors!

Old 11-20-2008, 03:13 PM   #1576
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post
If you had a few days to spare I'd tell about all the mistakes that I've made. I think that can go for all of us.
Nope, just you....

Old 11-20-2008, 03:58 PM   #1577
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap View Post
Nope, just you....
I think you're mistaken.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:43 PM   #1578
HappyHillbilly
Quote:
I sincerely apologize if I have offended anybody or came off like an ass in my posts on this thread.
Your posts in this thread and another one could have been better, however, they could've been worse, too. Personally, I think you are.......... human. Dang if I ain't made a few posts over the years that I wish I could take back.

Quote:
When I first met David I really thought he was a level headed guy like most did before things started "popping up" when the first situation with the Kordek's first came about I took his word and gave him the benefit of the doubt and even posted in defense of him and the site. I was wrong,
It's hard to see things sometimes when you're in the midst of them. I know, I've had it happen to me a few times. Besides, I can see how you all were mislead, used and abused. It's a shame, and truly telling, when the biggest supporters, friends, etc, become disposable victims, too. I feel for you, Gerry, and the rest of the gang.

I don't think this is a time for "I told you so," I think this is a time for us to forgive & forget and not let one man split the community.

Steve, I don't know you from the forums or anywhere else other than your posts about Reptster's issues. I'm sure you had to swallow a lot of pride to make the post I quoted you from. That takes a REAL man. I could feel your sincerity. I don't think there was any BS. I just wiped your slate clean.

Hang in there!
Michael Sanders

Old 11-20-2008, 05:28 PM   #1579
Southern Wolf
Quote:
While I have already mentioned on another site that I have stepped down from moderating on Reptster a while ago I would just like to make it known here as well so that EVERYONE knows that I no longer have any affiliation or connection with David or Reptster.

I sincerely apologize if I have offended anybody or came off like an ass in my posts on this thread. When I first met David I really thought he was a level headed guy like most did before things started "popping up" when the first situation with the Kordek's first came about I took his word and gave him the benefit of the doubt and even posted in defense of him and the site. I was wrong, I should never have posted on the thread to begin with considering it was not my situation from the start. However I, just like many others really believed in the idea, the concept and the site itself...

Just like anyone else that believes in something... I was ready to fight for it anyway I could and ended up let down and very dissapointed with the way he had handled things or should I say.... Lack of handling things??

Obviously I can't go back and change what was said or posted... all I can do is continue to love my hobby and have fun working with the animal's we've been so fortuneate to have. I have recently spoke to Kelly and apologized to her and Matt for my posts and wished her the best with her season and upcoming shows... She does seem like a very nice person from our exchanges of PM's and I am happy to say that we have moved on from this in a positive direction.

I'm really saddened to have to see the way things have gone and know that all of this could have been prevented... If David would have communicated and taken action rather than just sit back and let things get to this point. He had a great group of supporters & customers and he has really just thrown it all away...

I can assure you Gerry WILL NOT be taking over Reptster and is 100% done as well as he himself has posted... He has done a great job answering questions and trying to help the users and community know what has been going on to the best of his knowledge as he believed in the idea and concept like alot of other people. I've known Gerry now for about 3yrs and I will back him up as one of my best friends and as one of the best people in the hobby anyone could ever work with or ask for...

This will be my last post in regards to anything related to Reptster or David Young...

Sincerley,

Steven Kelley
As I stated on the other site... this was a wonderful step on your part...and Im glad you made it. We can all understand that you were trying to defend a friend... and me personally... Im glad you finally saw what the rest of us did... and cut your loses before he completely brought you down with him.

Best of luck on your endevors.

Old 11-20-2008, 06:11 PM   #1580
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
Good for you.

I, personally, do not offer blanket approvals of people that I have met online and are not in my immediate circle of friends, so that I personally know them and what they are capable of.
Gerry is a member at other forums. Why don't you go read up on him, so you can make an educated decision, instead of making one that's been prejudiced from this thread?

Except for getting tangled up in Davids web of deceit, I have never read anything from Gerry to lead me to believe he is anything other then an honest straight shooting person. He made an honest mistake, by trusting someone untrustworthy. When he caught on, he got the hell out. Period. He didn't dodge issues, he tried to help customers.

You gotta be fair about things. Even when going for the throat.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
david young, repster, reptster