Feeding Greens - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-06-2009, 09:21 PM   #1
LizardCrazy
Talking Feeding Greens

So my beardie will eat greens once in a while. I also bought this mix from Petco that has dehydrated greens, with some corn, and green beans. I was told to feed him sweet fruit, and Romaine Lettuce too.

How can I make him eat the lettuce and fruit?
He loves to eat crickets, wax worms, and meal worms.
Once in a while I'll cover them with calcium powder and he'll eat that.

Thank you =)

Old 08-07-2009, 12:17 AM   #2
Ed Clark
Feed greens as the first meal of the day, feed bugs at nite.

Collard, mustard and turnip greens are good.

I like to grate up some squash or zuccini and carrots to mix in.

There's alot of other veggies to feed but these are my basics.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:38 AM   #3
LizardCrazy
Well I just buy a certain amount of crickets for all my lizards, and just throw them in the cage with food and water. Also with the worms, I just put them in a dish and watch him eat it.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:58 AM   #4
angie.h
All of my beardies eat greens almost as soon as they eat bugs..one trick that always works...take the [small] pieces turnip,collard,mustard and drop them in the cage like you would the bugs.This is provided that you have paper towel or newspaper as the cage flooring [Or a bare floor].If you have sand or something that would stick to the veggies,then first put a small flat plate in and drop the greens in.I don't bother with fruit...greens are much more important.If you or a friend has a mulberry tree in your yard,beardies love those leaves,too.Just wash them well and drop them in.I feed greens first and crickets after about 15 minutes...they eat EVERYTHING...never fails ...and my dragons will eat greens more than once a day with this method.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:04 AM   #5
angie.h
Oh and it's not good to leave free-roaming crickets in the cage...they can and will bother the dragons at night and can actually cause wounds from chewing on the dragon.Buy yourself a plastic tote from Wal-mart and put your crix in there.That way they can be gut-loaded before feeding to your beardie as well.Put some type of egg-crating or wadded up cardboard for the crickets to crawl in in the tote.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:03 PM   #6
LizardCrazy
Yeah I do that too. I leave the egg crates in his cage... The crickets don't seem to bother him either..I put food so they can eat that... I'll try the green trick too. His bedding is walnut shells, and I have containers I put the veggies and fruit into as well.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:29 PM   #7
angie.h
Actually,the crushed walnut shells is not a good substrate...can cause impaction,you are better off with newspaper...some people use washed children's play sand[ non-silica],I've used it with no problem in some of my cages.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!