new arrival - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-07-2009, 04:25 PM   #11
kgoda5
she is finally not sleeping during the day anymore but when she does sleep at night she is bright green. when i said i got the wrong one it was the wrong individual but the right sex. she is still dark in color but not black and she lightens up instantly when i take her out. i received it about 6 days ago and when i bought her i emailed them an inquired whether they had any 8 to 9 mth olds her picture was never on the website i received via email. her svl is about 8in its hard to get an accurate measurement she is very fast and tries to get away. the name of the seller is karin leiber and she said it was one of their employees that shipped while she was out and made the mistake. i just received an email from her today and she apologized and said they are going to pay all shipping costs and send me the one i ordered or i have the option to pick a different one it just took awhile for them to get back to me thats why i was kinda worried hopefully i get what i ordered, but they were extremely nice about it.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:50 PM   #12
LauraB
Well, it's good to hear that your cham is awake during the day, that's a good sign.

Remember that it isn't a good idea to handle your chameleon, they are solitary and grumpy by nature; they like and need their privacy and don't care to associate with each other, let alone humans. They stress easily. The reason she turns bright green when you handle her is not because she's happy, it's because she's feeling threatened and vulnerable. Veileds (and Panthers) throw their brightest colors
when agitated, defensive or stressed. They also brighten when they sleep - I don't know why, but I know they do.

Just give her the privacy she needs; no handling, good nutrious gutloaded feeders, lots of water, UVB and a basking light (make sure you measure her basking temps). Make sure she has lots of foliage to hide in and she should be good

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!