Might be getting two iguanas - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-27-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
birdman123
Might be getting two iguanas

I have a cage about 72" 56" 42". I already have one of my girls in this enclosure and wondering if this would hold two. I am thinking towards a no but just want to see what you guys think. If this wont work out then, does anyone want an iguana? Please tell me what you would pay. I will send you pictures to your email address you just have to post your emails. Thank you

Old 09-29-2009, 09:37 AM   #2
suzuki4life
So 6' long
4 1/2' wide
3 1/2' high?

I would make it 6' tall if possible and yes they should be quite content in the cage. Bigger is always better, but with a taller cage you would be providing 8.5' of diagonal space....

I wouldn't put any lizard in a cage to live if the tail or head must touch a side

That causes rubbing...which leads to infection

please its just not good.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:26 PM   #3
MDC_Ophiuchus
Personally, I think that cage is barely big enough for one iguana. Keeping two within those dimensions is asking for trouble.

Iguanas (like most lizards) are not social and can get stressed if housed together, and this rings more true the older the animals are.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!