Komodo Dragon! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-09-2009, 03:46 AM   #1
TattooLost
Komodo Dragon!

Just thought I'd try this out and imbed the video I just finished putting together. Shot the clips a couple weeks ago, and finally got around to editing it a bit. I'm still new at video editing, so apologies for the annoying birds and people in the background. Thinking about replacing it with music, but we'll see. Enjoy, and lemme know what you think!

I love these guys! I want to climb in there and play with 'em!

Old 05-09-2009, 04:25 AM   #2
KelliH
Cool video. Where was it shot?

Old 05-09-2009, 04:28 AM   #3
TattooLost
At the Ellen Trout Zoo in Lufkin, TX. Closest zoo to me. One of these days I'll make it up to the Caldwell Zoo in Tyler, and back down to Houston to visit the Houston Zoo. I've been to the Houston Zoo tons of times, years ago. My wife says the Caldwell Zoo is nice too, so it's on the agenda.

Old 10-04-2009, 09:29 PM   #4
Helenthereef
Wouldn't recommend the getting and and playing with them bit ... I've seen them in the wild in Indonesia, and these things can MOVE.

Best way to get an impressive video is what I actually have seen done: Take 2 or 3 children under 5 years old to the Komodo Dragon Park, where the dragons sit around loose under guides' houses hoping for dropped food, talking care to conceal your children in a group of adults.

When in easy sight of the large adult makes and female dragons, stop walking and move away from your children so that they are clearly visible.

You will now have an excellent opportunity to see just how fast they can move, and also to observe remarkable pack-hunting behaviour, as three go left, three go right and two charge straight down the middle.

If you decide at this time that you do not actually want to sacrifice said children to the cause of fascinating dragon observations, you should quickly pick them up, sit them on your shoulders, and immediately make for the first set of stairs you can find.

However, if you decide to do this, please notify other interested bystanders so that they can get their cameras ready and NOT miss this video opportunity as we did.......

Where are the Darwin awards when you need them?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!