Prizes From Peta... Anyone else? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Just For Laughs

Notices

Just For Laughs The SOLE purpose of this forum is to put a smile on the face of a person reading the messages. Anything of a SERIOUS nature will either be deleted or moved out of here.

Old 09-29-2003, 05:36 PM   #1
Satyrday Reptiles
Lightbulb Prizes From Peta... Anyone else?

Hey All
I don't know how on earth this happened, but somehow I ended up on Peta's mailing list. They've been sending me all sorts of crap, letters begging for money, address labels... you know.
Do any of you guys get prizes from Peta?
Perhaps I should send them a "donation"...
Any suggestions?
LOL!

Liz

Old 09-29-2003, 10:31 PM   #2
Clay Davenport
Drop two pennies in an envelope and send it to them.
My cousin, after receiving bad service at a restaurant would leave two pennies for a tip. The subtle overtones spoke more than not leaving a tip at all. I always found it humorous.

Old 09-30-2003, 09:46 AM   #3
meretseger
That, or you could figure out a way to laminate a guinea pig, and pop it in an envelope.

Erin B.

*Of course a frozen/thawed feeder guinea pig. And not a cute one.

Old 09-30-2003, 11:11 AM   #4
PMHerps
is it a post paid envelope ??
if so, send them a brick... will cost them a fortune in postage....lol

Old 09-30-2003, 11:55 AM   #5
Clay Davenport
And print this coupon and tape it to the brick.

Old 10-01-2003, 06:11 PM   #6
Satyrday Reptiles
Thumbs up

LOL!
Okay - I actually went ahead and opened the envelope.
Someone would've eventually - there's a nice, shiny nickel in the window. Great ploy to get you to open junk mail, but how hard up for money can one be if they're sending out 10 bazillion nickels?
Nice!
Anyway, the generous folks at Peta also included another set of "official Peta" address envelopes and a SASE.
Woo-Hoo! Jackpot!
So, I have two cents, and printed out the meaty coupon.

Think they'd actually take all that taped to a brick?
LOL!

Hey - think I'd get in trouble if I threw a few frozen pinky mice in the envelope?
Or... would that be in bad taste?
:Puke:

Old 10-05-2003, 04:28 PM   #7
Glenn Bartley
Love that iscount coupon idea.

on't send them a pinky - you could be criminally charged for that kind of a stunt - even as harmless as it seems.

Why not send them a penny back, with a note thanking them for their donation and saying that you just could not accept the full generosity of their doantion to the KAHAT Society (Kill Another Helpless Animal Today Society). Tell them how much you appreciate their donation that you immediately ran out and shot something. That should get at least the boob who opens the envelope going pretty good.

Best regards,
Glenn B

Old 10-15-2003, 06:28 PM   #8
Satyrday Reptiles
Well, I was nice.... took the time to send them two cents and a few meaty coupons. Taking Glenn's advice, I saved the pinkies for the hatchlings. and thought about writing a smart-ass note too, but... you know... I had better things to do, lol.
Stupid Peta.
I can't believe noone else 'made it' to their mailing list...
Man! What's up with that?

Old 11-04-2003, 11:11 PM   #9
griffindor
I would tell them your not sending them any money that ever since they have been around people get them confused with your own organization with the same abrieviation.and your sick of it.
P-eople
E-ating
T-asty
A-nimals

or you could borow a quote from Ted Nugent.It went something like this.
I love vegetarians.I eat them often, but every now and then I go out and kill a mountian lion just for something different.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!