Questions on my African Fat Tails? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-14-2010, 09:16 PM   #1
aogecko
Exclamation Questions on my African Fat Tails?

Well I am having trouble finding a good cricket supplier online that will ship with heat packs in cold weather. Like, below freezing. I have 2 geckos and I live in northen Maine, so its about a little below freezing here. We keep having to go to the nearest pet store (1 hour drive there, 1 hour drive back) but they don't have a whole lot in stock and my geckos are pretty good eaters, but one is still a bit thin but seems healthy. We're doing the best we can but keep constantly running out of crickets, and I am extremely worried about not always having food for them.
I tried ordering from premiumcrickets.com and ordered the winter shipping but all of the crickets arrived dead. So I am really desperate for a good website that will ship in the winter with a decent amount of the crickets alive and preferably not too expensive.
Also one of my geckos just doesn't seem to like people, but the other one is fine with people. Is that normal? Is he just shy?

I would extremely appreciate the help with this, thanks.

-Ashley Ouellette

Old 01-15-2010, 12:18 AM   #2
Bluedevil19
Get mealworms as well as crickets, meal worms last a while and at my local store they come 100 for 3 bucks in a tiny deli cup....... and just like leopard geckos, the more you handel the gecko the more friendly it will become.

Old 01-15-2010, 04:53 PM   #3
aogecko
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my geckos won't eat mealworms. Just crickets. I've tried to feed them mealworms and superworms and even wax worms but no luck, they prefer crickets.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:44 PM   #4
lpcad
you might want to try breeding roaches, some fat-tails who won't eat the worms will eat roaches.
as for crickets, have you tried Top Hat?

Old 01-15-2010, 06:20 PM   #5
aogecko
No I haven't tried that place. I told my mom about the roaches but she really doesn't like the idea of roaches in her house. We would just like some crickets.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:19 PM   #6
Bluedevil19
my leopard geckos wont eat meal worms, lol

Old 01-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #7
aogecko
No I just looked at top hat and they don't ship in below 25 degree temperatures, occasionally it gets to the 30s because we are having a warm winter, but this is northern Maine, and I need to know if it is possible to get crickets shipped to me even in colder weather, since the nearest pet store is an hour away and doesn't have many crickets at a time and we really don't want to take a 2 hour trip each week for crickets.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:50 PM   #8
pgwdragons
Where have you tried? I dont know how they are on temps.. but you could try Armstrong.. or Ghanns...LuckyLure? Just suggestions..

Old 01-16-2010, 06:07 PM   #9
aogecko
Well, I used to order from flukers but then it got colder outside. Then we would travel to the pet store, but then we recently tried premium crickets and all the crickets were dead upon arrival. So for now we are going to the pet store, in fact I just got back. It is a hassle to go there constantly though.

Old 01-16-2010, 06:43 PM   #10
pgwdragons
You could always ask if they could order them in boxes for you.. however you need them... 500-1000 or more whatever...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
african, crickets, gecko