East Coast Herps Reptile Expo, Winston-Salem NC, June 5th - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 06-05-2010, 09:15 PM   #11
maidenschmidt
Quote:
Originally Posted by crousescorns View Post
I really hope it sticks around too. I was wanting to come today but I had to work. I will definitely be there if not working next time.

When will the next one be? Fall 10 or sometime in 2011?
I will be working out the details of future shows in the coming weeks. May need to get to a slightly smaller venue next time. But overall the first show was good.

Old 06-05-2010, 09:23 PM   #12
bloodybaroness
I hate I had to miss it too. Busted car canceled all my weekend plans.

Hope the turn out was good! Let us know what the future schedules will be.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:06 PM   #13
dragonlvr64
How did the show go?

Old 06-05-2010, 10:17 PM   #14
2amcreations
I can't speak for everyone, but I did good enough that I will come back for another. I think John let everyone know well in advance that this was a first show so most folks I talked to understood that there were a lot of unknowns.

The majority of complaints that I heard were about the loading / unloading and parking...which it sounds like John is already planning to address.

Old 06-05-2010, 11:24 PM   #15
dragonlvr64
I would be really interested for the next show. But it is a good 7 hour ride for us one way, so....

Any idea the number of vendors or customers through the door? I fully understand first time show. I know numbers should be better for next time.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:18 AM   #16
crousescorns
I will be producing some numbers along with my friends that we will likely be able to vend some at the next show. Please don't give up and keep us informed!

Old 06-06-2010, 09:47 PM   #17
maidenschmidt
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonlvr64 View Post
I would be really interested for the next show. But it is a good 7 hour ride for us one way, so....

Any idea the number of vendors or customers through the door? I fully understand first time show. I know numbers should be better for next time.
The stats of the show are as follows.

453 paid attendees
23 free. Either free kids or tickets won off the radio
And the X number- Honestly when I was working the door I forgot to check in a fair number of people.

Number were a little low for the amount of advertising done. We had 2 radio ads, extensive online advertising, news coverage, flier mailings, a partnership with Armstrong cricket and the United Way. We were able to raise $237.50 for the United Way donation. Thanks to all who contributed!

Vendor stats-

30 vendors booked
3 vendor no shows
65 tables in all

Thanks to everyone who helped make this possible. We are planning future shows now. We may be going in a slightly different direction with certain logistics. I will keep everyone posted in the coming weeks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!