Terry Lilley - Tried selling me my own animal - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-21-2003, 04:10 PM   #91
John Albrecht
For the Record

"Hillbilly" is a generic term used to describe peoples of inadequate genetics and substandard culture that live in the hills. A male hillbilly is referred to as a "Hilljack" and a female hillbilly is a "Hilljane".

"Redneck" is the southern variant but not an actual subspecies. You might call it a "phase" for collecting purposes. This phase is common in the coastal plains of the southeastern United States. They can usually be identified by casual observation as in the summertime the males develop redish coloration on the neck and forearms similiar to the way it occurs in broadheaded skinks in breeding season. Sexes are not uniquely identified for the southern variant since their behavior is similiar exept that males occassionally engage in homosexuality when in audio range of banjo music.

For those that question this analysis please see the owner of the campground on Rt 45 in Hyde Cnty who happens also to be the major of Hydeland, NC and I'm sure after a few beers you will properly educated on the subject.

Old 03-21-2003, 04:11 PM   #92
John Albrecht
ummm,,

major = "mayor". Sorry for the bad spelling.

Old 03-21-2003, 11:35 PM   #93
Darin Chappell
:Puke:

Old 03-25-2003, 10:36 AM   #94
Rob @ RK Reptiles
at it again

Well it appears that Mr. Lilley is at it again. I have been in contact with someone that was offered some Varanus Griseus (Iran Desert Monitors) from Mr. Lilley.

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=53&de=69426

This person was told that
Quote:
Seller says that they are captive born and all they need to give me is a "reciept" that states that the animals are on a "permanent breeding loan". This paperwork is all I would need according to him and I would not need anything else.
In case you are not aware this species is not only C.I.T.E.S. APP I, but is also ESA protected. Therefore this species has the requirement of an ESA Captive Bred Permit (on both buyer and seller) in order to cross state lines. As you can see this person was not informed about the legality of the intrastate travel of this species and would have been subject to prosecution. I just got off the phone with USFW DMA to double check and this species is 100% ESA protected and the buyer and seller MUST have ESA permits for the animal to transport across state lines. This buyer has read this thread and asked whether they should post on here and I told them YES. I hope they do so that more proof will show to prove what kind of person Mr. Lilley truly is.

Old 03-25-2003, 12:36 PM   #95
Ken Harbart
So, Mr Lilley is apparently trying to circumvent the law by lying about the status (breeding loan vs sale) of an animal. Has USFWS been made aware of this? I'm sure they'd be interested in having that email exchange forwarded to them- I believe the applicable address would be pacificlawenforcement@fws.gov.

That being said, I'm gonna have to ask you to identify the source of your quote Rob. Anonymous quotes have to be treated the same as anonymous posts, and I would hate to see that little tidbit get deleted.

Old 03-25-2003, 01:05 PM   #96
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Rob,

I have told the person they should post on here for everyone to see. The persons name is Shayne. I do not have a last name as of now but this person posted on KS looking to see if this deal was too good to be true. This is how I came to be in contact with them regarding the status of an APP I animals. I was not aware it was Mr. Lilley until after I had discussed the situation.
http://forum.kingsnake.com/CITES/messages/239.html

Also USFW Division of Law Enforcement has been notified about this situation and said they are going to check into it further.

Old 03-26-2003, 02:08 PM   #97
Corey Sawyer
If his animals are 100% legal, I am sure he can obtain the paperwork to cross state lines...lmfao.

Old 03-28-2003, 06:32 PM   #98
evansnakes
Well guys, it doesn't look like Terry is coming back to this thread. It is a shame. I would love to read just 1 answer from the guy to an actual statement made instead of subject changes and his claims that we wrote something different than what is clearly posted here.

Evan Stahl

Old 03-28-2003, 10:25 PM   #99
sputnik
IT'S A BIT HARD

It's a bit hard to come back and face the fire (questions) when you have burned yourself as bad as he did!

Old 05-31-2003, 10:28 PM   #100
Corey Sawyer
http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=53&de=95818

anyone else see that? How do you legally get cites papers for a species that has not be described?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!