TW International Wyatt in Texas - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:45 AM   #91
Scramblermike
Reply to Jen

Hey Jen,
My guy is currently getting Baytril and Fortaz every 3rd day. As far as the eye goes I may never really know If it was damged when it left texas or If I did it myself. When he got here he had shed sking falling off him so I figured he had just shed and the eye caps were stuck. I got the one off of the two eyes. I don't know if it was the left eye or the right eye. But I noticed one of them kind of scabbing up. So Scott Stahl and I looked at it while he was in for the URI. He told me he pretty much lets all snakes just go a little while before messing with there eyes. He said it i hard to say what was going on with the eyes. He looked in the other eye at the office and said he thought it would clear up. They were both foggy or with shed caps when he arrived. The little tube of stuff he gave me is an antibiotic and provides mositure. Stahl siad to put in one once a day, or twice day if I could do it in the morning and evening. I have gone with the twice a day. So far so good. As far as the Vet bill I could scan it in and post it. But I don't see how that is going to help anybody. I already went and talked with Scott Stahl and getting this guy better is my goal now. Later Mike

Old 11-13-2007, 08:42 AM   #92
The BoidSmith
Jen,

Your veterinarian know better but by looking at her status you don't have much time left to do something for her. She has lost weight beyond what should be considered safe. Antibiotics are needed no doubt about it (I would have started with a 7 d. of Tylan in the absence of Amikacin, but...) but at this point you need to put some nutrients through her. If it was my animal I would ask someone help me out to force feed her. Nothing fancy or overly heavy for the digestive system but just a couple of eggs once a week until she improves. Just let e-mail me if you need instructions on how to do it but your vet should (?) know.

Best regards.

Good luck

Old 11-14-2007, 02:53 AM   #93
Cat_72
Awwww jeez, Jen, she looks awful....the poor girl I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for her.

And Mike, I believe the point of posting the vet report is to see what the vet actually diagnosed as the problem and such.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:06 AM   #94
Pink Lady Exotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
Jen,

Your veterinarian know better but by looking at her status you don't have much time left to do something for her. She has lost weight beyond what should be considered safe. Antibiotics are needed no doubt about it (I would have started with a 7 d. of Tylan in the absence of Amikacin, but...) but at this point you need to put some nutrients through her. If it was my animal I would ask someone help me out to force feed her. Nothing fancy or overly heavy for the digestive system but just a couple of eggs once a week until she improves. Just let e-mail me if you need instructions on how to do it but your vet should (?) know.

Best regards.

Good luck
She's been on antibiotics for so long now that I'm wondering if she's even going to get better with this new treatment. He had no problem ordering the new recommended antibiotics, but wanted her system to clear from the long Cipro treatment before we get her on these 2 new injections -- because it was oral and because they have slow digestive systems, he didn't want her to be still digesting it and breaking it down into her bloodstream when we started this new treatment. That's why I had to give her nothing for 4 days. My vet really doesn't know jack about reptiles -- no one around here does. The only place that has any experience with herps is the UW Vet School -- but their clinic is only open one day per week and only during the hours that I am at work 95% of the time. They won't prescribe anything without seeing the animal, and I have no way to get downtown when they are open. I have brought her to 3 vets that claim to treat reptiles and they were OK, but didn't know many other treatments aside from Baytril (which hadn't worked) -- I had to print info off the internet and TELL them what I wanted done. That's why I resorted to going back to my 1st vet and using info given to me from Dr. Scott Michaels and Dr. Alan Stack, 2 very experienced reptile vets most of us know from the community. I give my vet print-outs of what they advise and we're using that.

Dan, please do drop me a PM about getting some food into her. She desperately needs it and I don't have a clue as to what would be safe to put into the mixture. It is going to be very hard because she's so aggressive and stressed and freaked out -- she practically flips and flops all over the place, covering me in crap and urine because she freaks out so bad every time I try to give her anything orally. I'll need to get a syringe with feeding tube from my vet.

Old 11-24-2007, 04:14 PM   #95
GSC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
Phil, maybe you were to polite in your requests. It would seem he doesn't respond to such requests unless you call him a name or two.

Let me rephrase the question for you.

You seem to have multiple complaints from your customers that you don't seem to be addressing. Just like the above complaint on paperwork states.
It wouldn't be the first time on the paperwork issue.

It would seem you have lousy follow-up with your customers. Poor business practices. Flat out lying to your customers seems to be a habit with you. The money is in the mail. The paperwork is on the way. When in fact, they never arrive. Unless, you make a complaint on a public forum you will not address your customers.

Just as long as they know you will not send paperwork, not follow-up with customer service, may screw them on shipping. Will not return phone calls after the sale. Promise to send them a money for over a year. Send them sick animals.
I seriously doubt once anyone knows how scummy you treat your customers they will be rushing to do business with you.

Is that better?

THANKS Dennis for posting this... Yep.... NEVER got my $60 back from this scam artist... I looked for him last year at the Dallas Herp show...people said Wyatt had moved out of state.... I was hoping to see him in person to get the money back. I have more less given up. Sorry other people have had bad dealings with him... It's sad when the hobby gets this way.

Graham Criglow

Old 11-24-2007, 05:42 PM   #96
Scramblermike
6 Treatments Later

Well,
I am now at 6 of the 9 treatments Dr. Stahl had told me to do on the pastel black back ball. He is no longer wheezing and seems to be breathing and acting normal. Still working on the eye but he has become active and appears hungry. I wish I knew what he was being fed before he got here. But I will try a small frozen thawed rat next week and see what happens. Jen how is your snake doing?

Later Mike

Old 11-25-2007, 02:00 AM   #97
Pink Lady Exotics
She's hanging in there, somehow. I finally found a fantastic herp vet that specializes in reptiles and got ahold of the Fortaz/Amikacin treatment -- she's been on it for over a week now, and it isn't doing a damn thing. I'm giving it more time, but I am starting to lose a lot of hope. She is starting to have hacking episodes where she's trying to get up the crap in her lungs (breathing hard in a big burst to push it out). The heat is still at 95 with room temp at 80-82, and the humidifier is running at full capacity at 70% (it's a 13g tank and I refill it daily, that's how much it's pumping into the air). I just don't know what to do anymore.

Old 11-25-2007, 03:23 AM   #98
HRoss
jen,

i would like to offer a little advice. by no means am i perfect, but vets tend to be way too conservative on injectables.
i know you were given batryl, but at what dose. it takes about 15 mg per kilo to be effective on 3 day intervals. and it works best in combination with fortaz [sp].

and with that much mucus you need more than just a humidifier. more like cyprus mulch soaked well, but still warm. you want her breathing in the moisture to help break up the rough stuff. i am sure you will find others that disagree. also heat has to be maintained in the cage. i think i remember you using heat tape or something of that nature, but heat tape really does not do much to ambient temps. jack the room temps upto 85 and cook it out of her, with loads of in cage moisture.
i am in know way saying you do not know what you are doing. i just wish you the best of luck and hopefully some of these tricks will help.
i know it will not be easy where you live, but maybe compare some of the things i mentioned compared to what you are doing. cage ambients are very tricky and many times give misleading readings you get on your thermostats.
best luck
howard

Old 11-25-2007, 03:32 AM   #99
Pink Lady Exotics
She is in a Sterilite 1960 Animal Plastics rack. The heat cable is kept at 95 right now, controlled by a Helix DBS1000 thermostat. The room temp is 80-82 (best I can do as the rack is in my bedroom -- only extra room I have for quarantine). This combo keeps the tub temp at 95 in the back over the cable and 85 in the front. Things are plenty warm for her.

I have been told by 3 well-known reptile vets in this hobby to keep the room humidity up high but the cage needs to be completely dry. So no cypress. I have been soaking her every other day to make sure she is hydrated and drinks (aside from having fresh water in her cage daily).

I don't remember what the Baytril was, it was 2 months ago (that's how long this has been going on). I would have to get out the vet invoice. But after that, she went on Cipro, which is the stronger human form of Baytril. Since that didn't work either, everyone has agreed that whatever she has is resistant to those antibiotics. Maybe this Fortaz/Amikacin needs longer to finally kick in as whatever she has is incredibly resistant -- I'm not expecting her to be better after a week, especially considering that the injections are every 72 hours, but I was hoping for some kind of improvement.

Are there any viruses (not IBD because she has no neuro or other weird problems) that can cause this? Is it always bacterial?

Old 11-25-2007, 03:40 AM   #100
HRoss
i would bet a paycheck the vets used 5-10mgs of batryl and that only increased her immunity. those doses are for high metabolism animals. i cut batryl with saline and it works wonders..

as far as dry bedding i just dont think you can get the right humdity inside the cage. that 95degree heat tape is going to evaporate it very very fast.
like i mentioned i am by no standards close to an expert.
best wishes

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
damion wyatt, tw international