Info Reptiles Express - interesting situation - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:18 PM   #91
brandonsthaman
I would say that it's wreckless on SYR's part to print something like that about UPS' policies.

UPS is a huge corporation so it wouldn't suprise me if one "director" or VP or [insert title here] didn't know what another "director" was doing.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:16 PM   #92
Keys & Kritterz
all I have to say is, St. Louis' UPS is horrible, extremely rude, and could give 2 sh**s about their customers I've had about 5 reptiles shipped to me through UPS, 2 packages were lost for a day and one the box was so messed up I didnt except it because from then on its my problem

Old 08-18-2010, 06:15 PM   #93
coldbloodedcages
We have contacted our UPS reps and the director about SYR statement. The snake shipping topic has been a very hot issue with UPS. We have been battling hard for our side and have been told as of yesterday the UPS corporate world is 50/50 with shipping snakes. It is possible that UPS will temporarily stop allowing snakes shipments with RE. Just like our waiver and our agreement state they can stop snake shipments at anytime. They do have to give us written notice and as of today we have not received any such notice. If we do receive this notice we will post the bad news on our site, send a statement out to all of our members letting them know and post on the forums. The directors that want UPS to ship snakes told RE yesterday they are confident they can have a official RE company policy about snakes updated and procedures in place to make the UPS employees comfortable with snakes in the next few months. We have been told changing the official no snake policy of UPS is a very slow moving ship. They also told us they will not be issuing any new waivers at this time, but the 3 that are still out there are currently valid. Until we are told yes or no that our snake waiver is no longer valid we are operating as business as usual. I will keep everyone updated as we receive answers to our call and email we sent today about this.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:53 PM   #94
chamgirl99471
Just dropped a package off ball pythons off at my Hub... He took one look at the waiver and said... "No Problem" My Hub is still accepting snake shipments so I don't think it's anything to be concerned about as of right now. I told them that if there were any issues at all they could give me a call and I would get in touch with RE but I don't forsee that happening because the waiver does have the signature of the "Dangerous Goods" Coordinator on it! I'm sure this will get cleared up sometime soon but I am still certified Fed Ex just in case. Until I have to use them I will continue using RE because of their customer service Thanks Brendon and Debbie.. You guys make a great team!

Old 08-18-2010, 07:45 PM   #95
kmurphy
If all you need is the RE waiver to ship reptile via UPS then what is to stop someone from joining, getting the waiver and then dropping their membership. They could even pass it on to all their friends.

There has got to be more to it then just the waiver because the longer they are in business the more people have their waiver and the less control they have over it. I agree that the waiver allows you to ship but RE must have more control over others using the work they've done with UPS than just the waiver.

Maybe I am off base. I admit I haven't visited their website.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:52 PM   #96
chamgirl99471
The waiver is specified with RE so if a private person were to try to ship under that waiver they would be stopped at the HUB and refused.. that's my understanding because the labels and the waiver fall under the RE account... If I'm off base.. please correct me Brendon or Debbie... thanks!

Old 08-18-2010, 08:06 PM   #97
Russ Lawson
Brendan,

I just got an email from SYR about Daytona, and figured I'd bring it to your attention. Mainly the part I put in bold. Seems like UPS is very conflicted on the issue of shipping snakes. I'm not even sure the average Joe could get a straight answer on it from their corporate office even if you spoke directly to them.

Quote:
www.ShipYourReptiles.com
ShipYourReptiles.com at Daytona this weekend
Header

Hey folks,

ShipYourReptiles.com will be serving attendees and vendors at the Aug. 20-22 National Reptile Breeders Expo in Daytona Beach.

Our booth is to the left inside the expo entrance. Look for the 12-foot-tall green banner.

You can ship dry goods and reptiles not including snakes.

You cannot ship live snakes.

We have been working closely with UPS on the live snake shipping issue. Today we got the official word from UPS' director of dangerous goods:

UPS currently does not allow third party or online snake shipping by anyone. We have learned that all existing snake exceptions apply only to individual breeders or sellers, not their third party or online shipping operations.

While we are fighting hard to allow snake shipping, anyone who currently allows third party or online snake shipping is doing so without UPS permission. Shipments can be stopped and snakes' lives can be endangered. For this reason, we will not book shipments of live snakes at the Daytona show.

Come by our booth, and see how easy, secure and affordable it is to ship your other items with ShipYourReptiles.com

* Book and pay for your UPS shipment.
* Drop off your packages.
* Buy shipping supplies.
* Save 30% off retail rates!

See you there!

Robyn@ShipYourReptiles.com

Old 08-18-2010, 08:11 PM   #98
chamgirl99471
I received the same E-mail... check former posts.. Brendon has already responded on here

Old 08-18-2010, 08:13 PM   #99
Russ Lawson
Sorry, noticed that after I posted it. >_<

Old 08-18-2010, 08:24 PM   #100
chamgirl99471
LOL... Some of us are just a little on the slow side HUH Russ ?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!