pete perez, owner of Beyond the Web, how did you ship that sidewinder to adam? - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-02-2005, 02:52 AM   #91
Ophis
Pete

Did you just say that Shipping a Sidewinder from Ca to Az via U.P.S. was a "small mistake"? You have got to be kidding me! Do you have a split personality disorder or something? Well.....Im washing my hands of this one except to tell you that threats of legal action over something like this are only going to backfire on you and harm your reputation in the herp world in the long run.

Old 01-02-2005, 02:54 AM   #92
Wilomn
Would you like a little whine with that plate of crow?

Take the advice that has been given. Learn the laws. Be honest. And, most important of all, take a break, give yourself a couple of days to ponder without all this input.

If you've done as you say you have, appropiately disposed of the snakes, alerted the authorities, taken the first steps on the road to redeeming yourself, then just shut the heck up and give time a chance to work its magic.

Seriously.

Old 01-02-2005, 03:01 AM   #93
Ophis
Wilomn

After saying it was a small mistake and the threat of legal action, I think your going too easy on him.

Old 01-02-2005, 03:23 AM   #94
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis
After saying it was a small mistake and the threat of legal action, I think your going too easy on him.
He posted his last post while I was writing mine.

Now that I've read the last one I've got a question for pete.

Will you supply the name and phone number of the Fish and Game Warden or other law enforcement official to whom you turned yourself in to?

If you won't I'll make a point of finding one for you.

See what happens when you keep that flap open?

Old 01-02-2005, 03:42 AM   #95
Ophis
Don't hold your breath.

Old 01-02-2005, 03:51 AM   #96
Beyond the Web
No surprise at all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn
He posted his last post while I was writing mine.

Now that I've read the last one I've got a question for pete.

Will you supply the name and phone number of the Fish and Game Warden or other law enforcement official to whom you turned yourself in to?

If you won't I'll make a point of finding one for you.

See what happens when you keep that flap open?
Yes, I see what happens with an open flap - the result is more hounding, but you're just wasting time, bud. Your continued questions don't scare me, and in doing so I will provide the info. - I considered your advice and I shut up (for a few minutes) until you decided to ask me this direct question.

Try calling Warden David (I forgot his last name, so go ahead and criticize about this detail, I wouldn't be surprised) at 559-243-4005, and just so you don't waste your time asking the next possible question, that office is located at 1234 E. Shaw Av, Fresno, CA 93710. Feel free to call at your convinience!

Your attitude doesn't surprise me one bit.

Old 01-02-2005, 03:54 AM   #97
ravensgait
Pete and the rest

Pete, You seem to assume that I and others here were defending you I assure you that was not my intention. What I was doing was pointing out that there are some here who seem to live off of this stuff. Well it seems the site condons this so who am I to object. Though as long as I hang around here I'll point it out now and again.

Pete your last few comments were in my opinion foolish. Yes they have taken this too far but to respond as you have , well it just looks bad.

As has been pointed out to me a few times today I'm new to this site but not to keeping reptiles. But to use that ass word again to assume that the health and well being of what I love doesn't matter to me is asinine to say the very least. My problem as I have stated before is how some here seem to relish the attack and their unwillingness to stop. OK it has been brought to the attention of the appropriate authorities and was brought to everyone elses attention in this thread. We all (well those who have read it any way) know what the guy did and that he was slow in fessing up about it but he did. So why keep attacking him? other then for your own personal reasons I see no sense to it.

I too have had problems with people in this business before, I am having one right now as a matter of fact and hope that if it does not resolve itself that when and if I bring it to this board that it will be treated more fairly then this and some others threads posted on the BOI.

I mentioned the word fair and mentioned this before as well It may very well be you as the topic of a thread here some day . Now really think about that, would you want to be treated as guilty untill proven otherwise. Look at your post in this thread alone and put yourself on the other side of the issue . I'll say this if i were in Pete's shoes and was chased by this pack of wolves I'd turn on ya too

I in no way condon Pete's actions he was wrong and yes we need to police ourselves but when it goes to far it does more harm then good.

Now are there any further charges against Pete ?? some want to assume that he just has to have done other wrongs and keep after him. Well it seems the guy screwed up enough and we all know it so someone please post someone elses name on the BOI for these guys to attack. I bet Pete is wishing for that very thing...Randy Mackey

Old 01-02-2005, 04:20 AM   #98
Wilomn
Let's start with this quote here, I'm not really sleepy anyway.
"would you want to be treated as guilty untill proven otherwise."

Was there some DOUBT in your mind about pete's guilt in this? This was NOT some thread about what someone MAY have done. We all know, those of us who read the thread anyway, that pete IS guilty. But I don't think we would know of what had not some kept asking questions. It took until today to say how he shipped it, unless I missed it in another thread.

This next one is interesting as well.
"why keep attacking him? other then for your own personal reasons I see no sense to it"

Has anyone attacked pete? He has certainly been treated more like a criminal than a good guy. I wonder why anyone would question the word of an admitted liar? Hmmmmmm.....

If you're going to lie to me I'm NOT going to be real concerned about your feelings.

This next line actually has some merit.
"It may very well be you as the topic of a thread here some day ."

My answer is plain and simple. Use the search function. If you can't figure it out this may not be the place for you.

pete is beginning to fit a profile. It's not a nice profile. This scenario, while unique to pete in detail, is all to commonplace in general.

Guy gets caught doing wrong. Guy lies. Guy gets caught. Guy appologizes. Guy gets smacks in the back of the head from some, hugs from others. Guy lies again. Guy gets caught again. Guy gets embarrassed. Guy gets mad that he got embarrassed. Guy gets mad that getting embarrassed made him mad. Besides, it's not really Guy's fault, is it? Guy didn't know any better. Guy admitted it. Guy doesn't like mean old headsmackers. Guy wants headsmackers to leave him alone. Guy gets mad again. Guy has been treated unfairly, according to Guy. He "came clean". He turned himself in. Bad headsmackers should leave poor Guy alone, he didn't know any better.

My ass. He got caught and didn't like the flavor it left. He appealed for pity and got a kick in the butt. Cry me a river.

No one attacked pete. I sure as heck gave him a grilling after I got tired of him not answering questions. This is NOT new for me. This was NEVER an attack. Look at pete's kingsnake ID thread and see what was happening almost simultaniously to this one.

We really do need a crybaby forum.

Old 01-02-2005, 04:33 AM   #99
Beyond the Web
Wes, are you satisfied with the point you've just made? You've stated just that before, although not in the exact words. Is that a practice of yours to repeat your points in a thread? You want to finish off the thread with your last statement, so I will allow you to do so. As I am sure you'll reply to mine, anyway.

Oh and about the admission? Well, let's see, it's December... hmm... some of us have a family to spend the holidays with, if you put 2 and 2 together I was BUSY with family. I have a son, and a wife.

I don't spend 24/7 on the computer "barking," no pun intended. Good night and have a happy new year filled with joy and companionship for your well spent time. It's been a pleasure answering your questions, it's time for me to move on.

You're wasting my time.

Old 01-02-2005, 05:41 AM   #100
ravensgait
Wes

Do you have a problem understanding what you read?? or do just not bother to read all of what you reply to??If you go back and read my post you'll see that I said I didn't condon what Pete did.

Now as for your attacking him just what other then a witch hunt would you call it. Seeking information by being rude and obnoxious . Geeze get over it the guy said he did it etc etc The only thing I see happening here now is people like you showing the world that the herp comunity has way to may fanatics . Come on people do you ever give any thought to how others who don't find snakes warm and fuzzy see threads like this. Sure Pete has done us harm but just how much harm have you Wes and others like you done us with your witch hunts. Self policing is a good thing but taking it this far makes us all look bad. I hope your not so naive as to think that others don't look at sites like this.

Wes I have no problem finding my way around the site I guess I just have other things to do all day then to hang around here looking for my next victim. Let me guess there is a reason for as the old saying goes "the hurt dog hollers" I had thought there must be some reason you were yowling so much.

Now if you want to continue being less then cordial to myself and others who post here and continue to show the world you have way to much time on your hands then so be it, but as far as this thread is concerned I wont waste anymore time then I have wasted so far on you, in responding to your drivel. Unless that is you decided to respond in a more enlightened manner, the choice is yours.

PS so I can't be accused of being completly off topic. Pete you need to start your own Thread and lay it all out ... put the whole story down don't leave anything out admit your wrong doing and hopefully it will help bring this to a close.

Randy Mackey

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!