CMG Reptiles Inquiry - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-12-2004, 11:06 AM   #91
CMGREPTILES
AND ANOTHER THING GLENN. LOOK BACK TO THE BEGINNING OF THE POSTS AND SEE HOW THIS WHOLE THING STARTED. I WAS ATTACKED ABOUT A COUPLE OF THINGS AND THEY WERE ALL PROVEN UNTRUE AND I DONT CARE IF YOU BUY YOUR BABIES FROM ME OR NOT BUT I WILL TELL YOU THIS. THE DEALS IM GIVING ON THEM ARE THE BEST DEALS GOING RIGHT NOW AND YES THE PRICES ARE STEEP BUT THATS GONNA BE EVERYWHERE THIS TIME OF YEAR SINCE THE PRICES ARE SET IN AFRICA NOT HERE.; SO AS THE WEEKS GO ON THE PRICES WILL DROP BUT GO SPEND YOUR MONEY ON WORTHLESS SUCKED UP BABIES FROM SOMEONE WHO WONT GUARANTEE THEM. GRUMPY OLD HERPER IS RIGHT.

CHRIS

Old 04-12-2004, 11:25 AM   #92
Sasheena
Jeeze, Chris, PLEASE STOP

S H O U T I N G

Old 04-12-2004, 11:27 AM   #93
Wilomn
Well chris, I've had not one word to say about this entire little fiasco but, with your quote below from page 18 of this thread now out there, I would like to see these people come on here and post for you.

I think there have been more than two that been in this "little circlejerk" so if you can get 40 people to come on here and tell us what a wonderful guy you are, well, I'll just shut my mouth.

Funny how the only guys who EVER say this site is a joke are the one facing the scrutiny of upstanding members, you the ones I mean, guys like Alvaro.

It'll be VERY interesting to see who, if any actually do, comes to post in your defence.

Quote:
Originally posted by CMGREPTILES
AND FOR EVERY PERSON YOU CAN GET TO JOIN IN ON YOUR LITTLE CIRCLEJERK ABOUT ME I CAN GET 20 PEOPLE TO TELL YOU SOMETHING GOOD SO TO THE ONES WHO HAVE NOT DONE BUSINESS WITH ME TALKING CRAP YOU CAN KISS MY ASS. YOU PEOPLE MAKE ME SICK AND I CANT WAIT TILL FAUNA IS USED FOR WHAT IT WAS MADE FOR INSTEAD OF TRASHING GOOD PEOPLE.

CHRIS
Wes Pollock

Old 04-12-2004, 11:38 AM   #94
CMGREPTILES
OK THEN I WOULD JUST LIKE TO KNOW FROM YOUR MOUTH. WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG? IS IT THE PAPERWORK DEAL? CAUSE THATS ALL I SEE. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT CONSTITUTES ME A BAD GUY. I HAVE NOT RIPPED ANYONE OFF. I CANT HELP IF THINGS GOT SCREWED UP ON MY END WITH SENDING STUFF OUT. I APOLIGIZED FOR THAT AND SENT THE PAPERWORK OUT FEDEX NEXT DAY SO WHATS THE PROBLEM? PLEASE TELL ME SINCE YOU WANT IN ON THIS WITCH HUNT. I WOULD REALLY LOVE TO HEAR YOUR SIDE ON HOW IM A BAD GUY.

CHRIS

Old 04-12-2004, 11:43 AM   #95
Wilomn
Doggone it I seem to have done it again.

Alvaro, I did not mean that you were in any way a BAD guy.

I meant that you were a GOOD guy applying scrutiny to someone. I've done that before, tried to use your good standing as an example and muffed it a bit.

Sorry.

Quote:
Originally posted by wilomn

Funny how the only guys who EVER say this site is a joke are the one facing the scrutiny of upstanding members, you the ones I mean, guys like Alvaro.

Wes Pollock
Alvaro is one of the upstanding member I refer above. He is IN NOW WAY A BAD GUY AT ALL.

Wes Pollock

Old 04-12-2004, 11:45 AM   #96
dwedeking
Chris,

Actually the paperwork was a mistake. You dropped the ball but in reality it was a minor ball. The perfect scenario would be to come on here and say the paperwork was going out today priority or overnight.... ..... and then stop.

It's the ranting that is making you look bad. Some people are going to be over critical, that is human nature ESPECIALLy on the internet. Develop some thick skin and walk away (personally I find yelling in an open warehouse takes care of that stress and doesn't look so bad as when done in public though employees may look at you funny).

In the online world typing in all capitals is the equivelant of screaming. It kind of makes you look like a raving lunatic which since I've sold to you and as of earlier today purchased from you I know your not.

Just personal advice, take it or leave it.

Old 04-12-2004, 11:45 AM   #97
ms_terese
Chris,

I've stayed out of this whole thread thus far. However, you must realize that some of the "good guys" have been busted for not being such good guys on this forum. Therefore, everyone is subjected to some degree of scrutiny when it's warranted.

This started over some misinformation about some albino ball pythons, which I believe you straightened out accordingly. A secondary issue was some paperwork, which I believe has been handled.

The disastrous part of this thread for you has been your attitude. You are attacking, derogatory, condescending, and belligerant. You have spoken poorly of specific people, and been generally degrading to members of this site. It was uncalled for.

Be a businessman. Learn to communicate appropriately. It will be a huge benefit to you.

Old 04-12-2004, 11:48 AM   #98
dwedeking
Also the PayPal thing. In reality it's a matter of semantics. You just can't call it a surcharge. You need to charge one price. Now if you call the Money Order/Cash price a "discount" then it's not a surcharge. The customer pays for the 3% whether it's wrapped into the price or not (they also pay for feeders, electricity, marketing etc etc, you just don't detail it on those items so don't detail it with Paypal and you'll make everyone happy).

Old 04-12-2004, 12:04 PM   #99
CMGREPTILES
LOOK I UNDERSTAND THE POINTS GIVEN ON HERE BUT WHEN IM ATTACKED I ATTACK BACK. IS THAT WRONG? MAYBE BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS THIS. I DONT SCREW ANYONE AND IVE BEEN HONEST IN ALL TRANSACTIONS. IF ITS AN ISSUE OVER THE PAYPAL THING THEN ILL CORRECT THAT. THIS POST STARTED OVER SOME HET ALBINO BOAS WHICH I SOLD FOR 100.00 EACH WHICH IS ABOUT THE PRICE FOR NORMALS. BUT I SOLD THEM BECAUSE THEY WERE A RESULT OF 2 STRAINS THAT WERE NOT COMPATIBLE AND I STATED THAT UPFRONT SO THAT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN A BIG DEAL THEN I HAD A GUY JUMPING THE GUN ON ME ABOUT AN ALBINO BALL WHICH WAS PROVEN TO AN ISSUE HE STARTED WITHOUT DOING HIS HOMEWORK. IVE ALREADY STATED THE ISSUE WITH THE PAPERWORK AND SO DID MR. RODRIGUEZ. SO AS FAR AS I SEE IT THE ONLY ISSUE IS WITH THIS POAYPAL DEAL SO ONCE AND FOR ALL I APOLIGIZE IF IT WAS TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT AND TAKEN AS I WAS CHARGING FOR A SURCHARGE WHEN I WAS SIMPLY CHARGING FOR THE TIME IT TAKES FOR ME TO TRANSFER FUNDS FROM PAYPAL TO MY BANK. LIKE I SAID I WILL CORRECT THAT. AND I APOLIGIZE FOR THE ATTITUDE BUT I TAKE MY BUSINESS SERIOUSLY AND IM NOT A HOBBYIST MAKING A FEW EXTRA BUCKS. I DO THIS FULL TIME AND I ALSO DO WILDLIFE RELOCATION AND REMOVAL FOR THE LOCAL POLICE DEPTS, AND ANIMAL CONTROL SO IM REALLY BUSY. THIS IS HOW I FEED MY FAMILY AND MY LIVELYHOOD SO WHEN SOMEONE ATTACKS THAT THEY ARE ATTACKING ME AND MY FAMILY AND I DONT TAKE THAT LIGHTLY.

CHRIS

Old 04-12-2004, 02:30 PM   #100
Clay Davenport
Quote:
I APOLIGIZE IF IT WAS TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT AND TAKEN AS I WAS CHARGING FOR A SURCHARGE WHEN I WAS SIMPLY CHARGING FOR THE TIME IT TAKES FOR ME TO TRANSFER FUNDS FROM PAYPAL TO MY BANK.
Frankly I don't buy this. The wait to transfer the funds from paypal si no dofferent than the wait on a money order to arrive, and with a money order you have the additional possibility that it was never sent and you're waiting on nothing. This leaves the 3% paypal charge as the only reason for the extra charge.
Regardless, my personal opinion is irrelevant, you seem to be missing what the Paypal TOS says exactly, partcularly this one excerpt:
Quote:
You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as payment. This restriction does not prevent you from imposing a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge (in other words, the handling fee for transactions paid through PayPal may not be higher than the handling fee for transactions paid through other payment methods).
It makes no difference which reason you're really adding the extra fee for using Paypal, the TOS plainly says that any added fee may be no higher than for other payment methods.

As for Paypal not caring because of the volume of sales you've done, let's look at it. On $70,000 in sales, paypal collected $2100 in fees. That's still a very small fish in paypal's pond. Do you actually think they'd overlook violation of Mastercard and Visa's policies as well as several state laws over $2100?
I once read that an estimated 40 million was transfered daily through paypal. Seventy thousand over the course of 9 months or whatever is literally nothing to them.

Personally I don't think you would rip anyone off. I would not hesitate doing business with you for fear of being scammed.
I would however hesitate doing business with you based on your attitude. A couple of times in this thread you've made comments that you are not "some hobbyist with a couple of animals" or "some hobbyist trying to make a couple extra bucks".
"Some hobbyist" makes up a large percentage of the buying public, and your comments, making "some hobbyist" out to be less than yourself because you are a "licensed business" is demeaning and alienating a significant portion of your potential customer base.
I'm not a licensed business, I'm a breeder and have been for better than 13 years now. I guess I'm still just "some hobbyist" though since I don't have a business license on the wall and my snakes don't have to pay my mortgage.
Word to the wise, thousands are spent annually by some hobbyist, you'd do well to keep them as potential customers instead of someone you have made such an effort not to be catagorized with.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!