Bad Guy Kimberly Lucas Gorgeousgecko.com con artist!! - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-27-2010, 02:24 PM   #91
chamgirl99471
Brian... quick question for you... Was that part of the TOS when you purchased this gecko? Just wondering if she quickly added it to her TOS because of this post?

Old 08-27-2010, 02:30 PM   #92
aleria
As of 8/16/10 that particular piece was a part of her TOS. So it doesn't look like it was added since the thread was started.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Old 08-27-2010, 02:37 PM   #93
Talkenlate04
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleria View Post
As of 8/16/10 that particular piece was a part of her TOS. So it doesn't look like it was added since the thread was started.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us
Yes but it was edited after the transaction with the OP which was on July 15th.

Old 08-27-2010, 02:44 PM   #94
chamgirl99471
Things that make you go Hmmmm That would definately be a deal-killer to me and I am in the market for some cresties... sorry Kim.. don't think I'll buy from you although I was browsing through your selection before this occurence and would have still considered had you not responded the way you have on this thread! Good luck with future sales and Brian.. I hope you can get this resolved one way or another but thanks for bringing it here.

Old 08-27-2010, 02:55 PM   #95
Talkenlate04
And I have the official update date of that page being Wed, 21st July 2010, 12:23:29 GMT. I can't nail down exactly what was updated, but it was that section.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:09 PM   #96
Magic Merlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkenlate04 View Post
And I have the official update date of that page being Wed, 21st July 2010, 12:23:29 GMT. I can't nail down exactly what was updated, but it was that section.

This situation sucks for me cause I am local to Kim with 100+ cresties and their is no possibility I would ever purchase from her.......I will accept the shipping risk from one of the many other breeders with outstanding geckos at half the price.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:44 PM   #97
LauraB
Here's what I got when I wanted to see the last update to her Terms page:
Attached Images

Old 08-27-2010, 04:58 PM   #98
AltitudeExotics
So kim has made me what she thinks is a good offer to resolve this. After i purchased the "moonglow", but before he was shipped, i inquired about a superdalmation on her website. gecko #1375. That gecko was not priced on the website, and she told me in an email its price was $400. Now she is offering to send me this gecko as a peace offering.

I have a few problems with this. For one i really think she needs to cough up the cash i spent on a very plain olive gecko. The superdalmation she herself said she produced. Well as we all know getting two geckos to mate costs basically nothing, so though she would be sending me a nice gecko, she really doesn't lose much, and therefore it feels like a cop out to me.

Also, i'm very wary of receiving any more geckos from her, for obvious reasons.

Also before she sent me this offer, i sent her the following message here on Fauna.

So as i posted in the thread, i would now like to send directly to you. I should never have used the phrase con artist in my title line. That was wrong of me, and I am sorry. I have tried to edit it and cannot figure out how, and have messaged a mod. to figure out how i can change that title. Now if you will be willing to work with me on a refund, i will have no problem making a post retracting my "con artist" claims, and explaining that you did eventually work things out with me, and that i am happy. I would have no problem saying that although my experience with you was bad, you have had a good reputation for years, and that our experience was most like an exception to the rule.

As you can see she is completely unwilling to work with me on a refund at all, even after i offered her a sincere apology, and even offered to do what i could to help repair the reputation she has trashed for herself during this forum.

I would not be happy with her "peace offering", but i can see she cares little about making the situation right, or trying to save her reputation, and this is all im going to get out of her.

the "peace offering" email she sent me is below

Brian,
I have attached recently taken photos of gecko 1375, the Super Dalmatian that I have produced.
It is 8-10 grams unsexed and is missing the tip of it's tail.
I am offering you this gecko as a peace offering.
It is well beyond in value what you have asked for. I am only doing this because I truly do value my customers and realize you are very upset about your transaction with me. However, I do not take kindly to false accusations or threats. In the future, think before you accuse people falsely. I know it is common in today's society to assume you are getting screwed but that is not always the case.

Take it or leave it, it is a more than fair offer and the last one I will make.

Pics of the gecko she is willing to send me are below

So what so all you think? Is this at all a fair offer? Is this decent compensation? I feel i have no choice but to accept, as she has made it perfectly clear she is completely unwilling to work with me on a refund of any sort, regardless of if its the right thing to do, or how it is damaging her business.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:58 PM   #99
AltitudeExotics
ok the pics of the gecko didnt work, i will post them soon

Old 08-27-2010, 05:01 PM   #100
AltitudeExotics

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!