boca reptiles aka sal tornambe has changed names AGAIN and is now bocamorphs-BEWARE - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 06:45 PM   #91
gmherps
Well, maybe I was mistaken. I thought a seller was limited to 1 account. If I'm wrong then I send my deepest most since apology.

Old 07-06-2005, 06:49 PM   #92
Jim O
I was under the same impression as Greg. I'm guessing he is breaking the rules. And I for one am simply shocked! Not!

Old 07-06-2005, 07:46 PM   #93
Suncoast Herpetological
I'd expect him to have dome it shady as much as anyone but their system automatically stops you at 3 ads per day per section. If you check the view ads tab, different ads appear under each name. There doesn't seem to be any crossover.

However.....

Here is a little excerpt from their TOS

Quote:
PetHobbyist Classified Ad Posting Rules and Terms of Service

If this account is registered under a business name, the owner of the business must be listed, and NOT an employee.

Only one (1) account is allowed per business or individual.
So he's busted anyway

Old 07-07-2005, 12:16 AM   #94
flashinm
Crap why couldn't I have read this thread 5 days ago!! I just got three snakes today from Sal, and for sure 2 of the three are the WRONG snakes. I guess he was playing the odds that I wouldn't download the pictures from his ad and he could simply remove the ad and I would have nothing to compare them to. Well he was wrong. I have pictures of two of the snakes and after close comparison I am POSITIVE that neither of the snakes pictured are in my posession. I will be calling him tomorrow morning, but after reading this entire thread I'm not too optimistic.

Old 07-07-2005, 12:37 AM   #95
pardalis
Matt, dont hold your breath! What a piece of crap!!!!!!!! How does someone of Sal's caliber have all of those nice morphs and a decent site hosted by kingsnake?

Old 07-07-2005, 01:04 AM   #96
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashinm
Crap why couldn't I have read this thread 5 days ago!! I just got three snakes today from Sal, and for sure 2 of the three are the WRONG snakes. I guess he was playing the odds that I wouldn't download the pictures from his ad and he could simply remove the ad and I would have nothing to compare them to. Well he was wrong. I have pictures of two of the snakes and after close comparison I am POSITIVE that neither of the snakes pictured are in my posession. I will be calling him tomorrow morning, but after reading this entire thread I'm not too optimistic.
Not that I would doubt anyone about him, can you post the comparison pictures so we can see what your talking about.

Old 07-07-2005, 02:28 AM   #97
wgunlimited
I personally bought some corns from "Upstate Exotics" and all were sickly and eventually died. Do not buy from these guys. They didn't want to refund or credit me anything. BEWARE!!!

Old 07-07-2005, 08:10 AM   #98
gmherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashinm
Matt, that's very unfortunate for you, but Sal has a stinky, at best, track record. I would HIGHLY suggest you file a fraud report with kingsnake.com, if that's where the business took place, to see if anything at all can be done.

When will Sal be stopped? Obviously Neil's "little talk" with Sal to "straighten" him out failed.

Old 07-07-2005, 08:21 AM   #99
Suncoast Herpetological
If you take a good look at the animals he has listed, the majority are nothing but hand picked farm raised imports. You know the drill. Pick an import that shows some of the traits of a true morph and market it on the visual traits, not the genetics.

The guy is a real weasel

Old 07-07-2005, 08:30 AM   #100
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological
The guy is a real weasel
Tell us how you really fee John.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread