Bad Guy Jim Scharphorn - Bad Guy - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:48 PM   #91
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
I'm pretty darned sure that Kevin's opinion about both Dan AND Jim are not due to what other people have said about them, but about Dan and Jim's PERSONAL BEHAVIOR.

Sheesh. Randal, you are completely free to do business with whomever you choose....but then again, so am I and so is Kevin. Kevin is not alone in choosing to NOT do business with someone based on them expressing a nasty public attitude and refusing to accept the least amount of fault or blame when a transaction goes awry.

Personally, I've seen plenty of people slammed on the BOI, but that does not change my overall opinion of them if I see them respond to that slam in a positive, mature, responsible manner. But when someone responds, not to a "slam" but to a very reasonable complaint about their services, with blame-deflecting vitriol....darned straight I'm going to notice and base my opinion and business choices on those actions.
I agree Judy. Kevin, or anyone can do business with whomever they choose, bad BOI thread or not. But for you, or anyone else to base their opinion on what OTHERS say, is mis-guided and biased at best.....no question....

Randal Berry

Old 09-27-2010, 08:52 PM   #92
JudyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads View Post
I agree Judy. Kevin, or anyone can do business with whomever they choose, bad BOI thread or not. But for you, or anyone else to base their opinion on what OTHERS say, is mis-guided and biased at best.....no question....

Randal Berry
And PLEASE show me where I have ever based an opinion on nothing but what one person says about another? Why do you keep mentioning that when that is NOT what is going on?

Old 09-27-2010, 08:52 PM   #93
Southern Wolf
Randall... If you'd like to talk with me on this past my response here.... please send me a PM so we dont take this thread way off course.

Quote:
Kevin,
I see. You never bought anything from him, or recieved anything from him, you just went on the assumption that he was a bad guy because of his response to you, therefore you wouldn't do business with him, REGARDLESS if he offered good animals?
There is no assumption.... if you have beyond crappy customer service... how does that make you a good guy? This can be directed at even Jim or anyone else. If you have crappy customer service... why should we think they are good guys? Just because you have good animals does not make you a good guy! Good guys are a complete package. Qualtiy animals and quality customer service. I dont care who you are... If your customer service is so far gone that being crappy is an improvement.... Im not gonna do business with you. You can call me narrow minded if you want to... I call it being careful. What happens if my deal goes south... now not only do I have problems with an animal... I have problems with customer service (or lack there of). Im sorry... but I work to hard for my money to just take a gamble on someone that shows lack of customer service.

Quote:
There are many people that I have bought from in the past that I particulary didn't care for personally, however, they had great animals, and I purchased them. Personalities and politics aside, I still recieved what I wanted. I think you should open your mind when dealing with people on animals you want/need for your collection. If your that biased about dealing with people who have negative reputations on the BOI, but still offer what you need, maybe you are a little narrow-minded in that regard. There are many, many, people slammed on the BOI by a few, or a lot, that are still in business, regardless what people post on the BOI about them. Actually buy an animals from Dan, and if it doesn't live up to your expectations, THEN slam him, until then, you cannot comdemn him based on other peoples experiences, to do that is hearsay, and you cannot possibly support their claims, being that you never "walked in their shoes". I don't want to hear, but so and so said he was a bad guy, etc, and I trust their judgement, that's not what this is about, the BOI is about relatung YOUR experience with someone, NOT someone elses. Many, many times on the BOI, you have seen someone singing praises about someone, only to go south at a different time.
Until you have actually bought an animals from him, then your comments about Dan are null and void. (you are relying on other people, not your own) Is that how you make decisions in life?

Randal Berry
Randal... thats the difference between me and you. If I dont like you... Im not giving you my money... I dont care what you have. Chances are the person I dont like is not the only person on the planet that has what I am after.

As to the negative reps on the BOI.... the folks that I wont do business with because of the BOI has nothing to do with what folks post about them... .its what and how THEY post when they respond. I have never once said that I based my opinions off of what others have said or experienced. I am free to make up my own mind about what I SEE. And if an individual (like Jim emails and then his posts on here) show crappy customer service... Im not going to do business with them. It really is that simple. There are way too many people out there that may have what I want or need in order to take a chance on someone that shows they are lacking in the customer service side of things.

And as for me slaming into someone ... .you have yet to see me slam into someone. The closest will be on the bad guy thread I had to start. I do my best to remain professional (even in my thread)... and I expect nothing less from folks that I give my hard earned money to.

Maybe that means Im narrow minded... if so... I can live with that.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:54 PM   #94
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
I'm pretty darned sure that Kevin's opinion about both Dan AND Jim are not due to what other people have said about them, but about Dan and Jim's PERSONAL BEHAVIOR.

Sheesh. Randal, you are completely free to do business with whomever you choose....but then again, so am I and so is Kevin. Kevin is not alone in choosing to NOT do business with someone based on them expressing a nasty public attitude and refusing to accept the least amount of fault or blame when a transaction goes awry.

Personally, I've seen plenty of people slammed on the BOI, but that does not change my overall opinion of them if I see them respond to that slam in a positive, mature, responsible manner. But when someone responds, not to a "slam" but to a very reasonable complaint about their services, with blame-deflecting vitriol....darned straight I'm going to notice and base my opinion and business choices on those actions.

That is correct... I try to base my decisions off of their behaviors both in the evidence provided (emails) and how they conduct themselves on here.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:55 PM   #95
lanceheads
Quote:

Randal Berry
I meant to say..."But for you, or anyone else to base their opinion on what OTHERS say, (without having purchased animals from "said" person) is mis-guided and biased at best.

Randal Berry

Old 09-27-2010, 08:58 PM   #96
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeTop Reptiles View Post
Randall... If you'd like to talk with me on this past my response here.... please send me a PM so we dont take this thread way off course.

There is no assumption.... if you have beyond crappy customer service... how does that make you a good guy? This can be directed at even Jim or anyone else. If you have crappy customer service... why should we think they are good guys? Just because you have good animals does not make you a good guy! Good guys are a complete package. Qualtiy animals and quality customer service. I dont care who you are... If your customer service is so far gone that being crappy is an improvement.... Im not gonna do business with you. You can call me narrow minded if you want to... I call it being careful. What happens if my deal goes south... now not only do I have problems with an animal... I have problems with customer service (or lack there of). Im sorry... but I work to hard for my money to just take a gamble on someone that shows lack of customer service.

Randal... thats the difference between me and you. If I dont like you... Im not giving you my money... I dont care what you have. Chances are the person I dont like is not the only person on the planet that has what I am after.

As to the negative reps on the BOI.... the folks that I wont do business with because of the BOI has nothing to do with what folks post about them... .its what and how THEY post when they respond. I have never once said that I based my opinions off of what others have said or experienced. I am free to make up my own mind about what I SEE. And if an individual (like Jim emails and then his posts on here) show crappy customer service... Im not going to do business with them. It really is that simple. There are way too many people out there that may have what I want or need in order to take a chance on someone that shows they are lacking in the customer service side of things.

And as for me slaming into someone ... .you have yet to see me slam into someone. The closest will be on the bad guy thread I had to start. I do my best to remain professional (even in my thread)... and I expect nothing less from folks that I give my hard earned money to.

Maybe that means Im narrow minded... if so... I can live with that.

That makes both of us.

Randal Berry

Old 09-27-2010, 08:59 PM   #97
Southern Wolf
Quote:

Randal Berry
I have based my opinions on what Jim has said and done in his emails and then also what and how he posted here. Same goes for Dan. Prove me wrong. I dont follow the pack.. never have.. .never will. I make my own decisions about what I see.

Do you realize that everyone on my 'do not do business with list' is there because of how THEY have handled things. Not what someone else has said... but how THEY conducted themselves.

Go back and read the emails that Jim sent... then go read both of the threads here in reguards to this single situation.... would you really do business with him. I wont. I dont want to take the chance of getting hosed.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:20 PM   #98
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeTop Reptiles View Post
I have based my opinions on what Jim has said and done in his emails and then also what and how he posted here. Same goes for Dan. Prove me wrong. I dont follow the pack.. never have.. .never will. I make my own decisions about what I see.

Do you realize that everyone on my 'do not do business with list' is there because of how THEY have handled things. Not what someone else has said... but how THEY conducted themselves.

Go back and read the emails that Jim sent... then go read both of the threads here in reguards to this single situation.... would you really do business with him. I wont. I dont want to take the chance of getting hosed.
While you base your decisions on he said, she said, gossip, emails,etc. I base my transactions on actual purchases.

People represent themselves often differently via email, voicemail, BOI posts, etc. The PROOF is the animals they sent. The product (animals) I received from Dan , were top notch, no question.
As such, Jim, (IMO), has very nice cages, he just didn't conduct himself very well, via posts, emails' etc. as you would have liked, thus, he's a bad guy in your opinion. Doesn't mean he doesn't have good cages, just like it doesn't mean Dan has bad animals. See the difference? Until you have actually experienced a transaction with either Jim or Dan, you really don't have a leg to stand on, and your posts mean nothing to me, because you cannot support actual proof that you have purchased a product from either of them, yet, you support your statements based on hearsay, i.e. posts on the BOI. Fine if you trust judgements from others on the BOI, but in reality, you haven't had a bad experience with either Jim or Dan, have you, other than what you have witnessed here, correct?

Randal Berry

Old 09-27-2010, 09:29 PM   #99
aleria
Quote:
While you base your decisions on he said, she said, gossip, emails,etc. I base my transactions on actual purchases.

People represent themselves often differently via email, voicemail, BOI posts, etc. The PROOF is the animals they sent. The product (animals) I received from Dan , were top notch, no question.
As such, Jim, (IMO), has very nice cages, he just didn't conduct himself very well, via posts, emails' etc. as you would have liked, thus, he's a bad guy in your opinion. Doesn't mean he doesn't have good cages, just like it doesn't mean Dan has bad animals. See the difference? Until you have actually experienced a transaction with either Jim or Dan, you really don't have a leg to stand on, and your posts mean nothing to me, because you cannot support actual proof that you have purchased a product from either of them, yet, you support your statements based on hearsay, i.e. posts on the BOI. Fine if you trust judgements from others on the BOI, but in reality, you haven't had a bad experience with either Jim or Dan, have you, other than what you have witnessed here, correct?

Randal Berry
I've already made this same response to someone else that seemed to like to go by this same train of thought and I won't hesitate to make it again.
If you can't manage to learn from other people's mistakes and experiences and think you absolutely have to go through it yourself to learn anything then you are only selling yourself short.
The ability to learn from other's mistakes rather than our own are what make us better than un-evolved pond scum. If someone would rather try everything out for themselves just to see if they might happen to have the same negative result that others have had then that is their choice, but I will not stand by and let them dog on anyone who is actually intelligent enough to learn from the mistakes of others.

And, saying that you will continue to buy animals or products from someone that has terrible customer service, or has done wrong just because they do have really good products or animals is just plain sad. Why not support someone who knows how to run a business the right way? Why tell some jack that it is perfectly ok to cuss out your customers when they contact you immediately regarding an issue as requested? Hell if that's the case why don't we all go ahead and buy some of those snakes David and Tawni are still trying to sell, or buy up anything the Wise's offer? I mean after all, if they have good snakes or products it shouldn't matter if people have posted bad things about them on here right?

Old 09-27-2010, 09:42 PM   #100
futureherpbreeder
Quote:

I think that these BOI posts are totally worthless if people who are interested in purchasing a product or animal from someone can't base their decision on other people's experiences with that person. Why on earth would you read about a terrible experience someone had with someone else and yet still buy something from that person? You are just asking for trouble and taking a huge risk.

By the way, Jim's cages, not the quality cages I got from my first impression when they arrived, as I said I had problems with warping during assembly, missing parts, damaged parts, and since the start of this thread 2 of my 4 strip lights (not the bulb, the light itself) have completely stopped functioning.

So if YOU want to buy from him, be my guest, don't bother to contact him if you have a problem unless you wanna get the same treatment I got via his own reply to this thread stating so. But don't expect any other reasonable person to share your opinion on this subject, they aren't going to ignore the warnings, do it anyways, get burned and THEN never buy from him again, this BOI is to help PREVENT people from going through the same thing I did.

Josh Carlson

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!