James Fanthorpe - furryfriends inc - BEWARE - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-23-2006, 08:14 PM   #91
Colubrid-aphilia
Yikes, I want the 30 minutes of my life back that I just wasted.

I'm reminded of an ancient Chinese proverb (well at least I think it could be anceint Chinese):

Never argue with an idiot; anyone who happens upon your disagreement sees two idots arguing.

Feel free to substitute argue with fight, yell, scream etc.

Old 08-23-2006, 08:16 PM   #92
clarinet45
What would you have done? I suggest you try to add something useful next post, instead of coming here just to call me an 'idot'.

Old 08-23-2006, 08:21 PM   #93
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colubrid-aphilia
Yikes, I want the 30 minutes of my life back that I just wasted.

I'm reminded of an ancient Chinese proverb (well at least I think it could be anceint Chinese):

Never argue with an idiot; anyone who happens upon your disagreement sees two idots arguing.

Feel free to substitute argue with fight, yell, scream etc.
Great first post.

Not on the subject of the thread at all and removal of doubt who the real "idot" is.

Old 08-23-2006, 08:22 PM   #94
Chameleon Company
Wise words Dan, and welcome to the BOI, as it was your first post. You need to either edit your personal info box to include your full name (more than Dan H. I presume), or just put it at the end of every post. Your words were on the mark though.

Sara. To each his own. I have argued with "idiots" as well, and in hindsight only looked the "idot" in the end as well. Your post here was well-suited, IMO. The long tit-for-tat, probably in your own hindsight, was an aggravation and a waste. Been there ... done that !

Old 08-23-2006, 09:00 PM   #95
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Company
Chris 66 states:Maybe I'd elevate myself by simply calling more folks "non-viable human beings"

On a side note ......... Dennis, a poster in a different thread pointed out that the USPS is still a major carrier of chicks, etc. I had thought that they still were, although I would still assume that liscensing and packaging requirements exist. My only point earlier was to back some folks off of the description of the shipments here as having been "illegal", and in the case of one poster, using such "illegal practices" to smear the integrity of both parties. There's more than enough here to draw conclusions regarding character without what I saw as misinformation.
I'm not sure what the USPS shipping regulations have to do with this? Weren't the rats were shipped UPS? Their site clearly states:

Prohibited Live Animals

Live Animals that are prohibited from being shipped and are not accepted for transportation include, but are not limited to:

Any poisonous, venomous or threatening animal
Any Threatened or Endangered species
Arachnids (All): Examples: mites, scorpions, spiders, ticks
Birds (All)
Crocodiles (All): Examples: alligators, caimans, gavials
Mammals (All)
Obnoxious Insects: Examples: flies, locusts, mosquitoes, roaches, termites, weevils
Snakes (All): venomous and non-venomous

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/res...s/animals.html

After reading what was said and done by BOTH parties in this matter, they did enough to "smear" their own integrity, whether the shipping by UPS was "illegal" or simply "prohibited".

Old 08-23-2006, 09:03 PM   #96
clarinet45
If what we did, shipping wise, is anything. It's anti-TOS, not illegal. And i don't even know why i'm getting jumped on. I call in every pickup for my packages via the UPS 1800 number. I told my rep exactly what i was shipping and she was fine. My package was also correctly packed and marked. I don't know what else to say about the shipping.

Old 08-23-2006, 09:12 PM   #97
Chameleon Company
Cathy,

I'm not going to waste too much more time on this. Those of you who can't see the problems with the way things were characterized earlier in the thread likely never will.

We know for a fact that UPS bends the rules you posted. Sometimes in glaringly obvious ways.

There is a huge difference between labeling something as "illegal", or just against UPS rules. One gets you having to hire an attorney, the other might just lose you a shipment.

The USPS example was provided to show that much of what was said to be "illegal" is not. Is this so hard to understand? Do you like the word "prohibited" ? Sheeeesh .... is this an audition to be the Queen of the BOI police ?

Old 08-23-2006, 09:20 PM   #98
Fangthane
It almost pains me to do this, but...

Apart from alot of dirty words and a possible TOS violation..I think Sara has tried to be the bigger person here and is the one that got screwed. Do Mutual shipping indiscretions negate the fact that she never got ALL of what was due her?

Old 08-23-2006, 09:23 PM   #99
Chameleon Company
You The Man Dan !

Old 08-23-2006, 09:36 PM   #100
Cat_72
Um......wow, Jim.

I asked what the USPS regulations have to do with shipping UPS....I thought perhaps you had misread when it was stated they were shipped UPS. And.....I corrected my earlier use of the term "illegal" by changing it to "prohibited", since you correctly pointed out that I was mistaken in thinking it was indeed illegal. Sara herself said he was being investigated for shipping rats UPS illegally, I should have looked it up, I suppose.

And because of this, I am "auditioning for queen"??? What the ?

That said, I still don't see what USPS shipping chicks and such has to do with anything, from what I can see, their TOS or rules or whatever you choose to call them allows live animals to be shipped.

Quote:
Mailing Live Animals
Anyone shipping live animals must call the District Expedited Services Office (ESO), which coordinates and clears such shipments. The ESO will tell you where to drop off your “live” shipment and notify the accepting office.

The availability of a drop-off site may vary depending on transportation or the retail site’s ability to handle large volumes. The ESO tries to make acceptance points for live animal shipments widely available and ensure protection of the lives while in the postal system.
http://www.usps.com/send/waystosendm...ingservice.htm

I don't think any of this changes the fact that Sara did not get that last package, and she is due something for that.

However, when she admitted lying to the guy about "some things", and when she received what were said to be sickly snakes and then turned around and sold them right away (or one of them, I still haven't figured that out) she still doesn't come out looking like a "good guy" here.....perhaps the lesser of the not-so-good-guys.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!