Bad Guy Garret Smith ( Scammer ) - Page 101 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-25-2015, 04:57 AM   #1001
uromastyx13
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahzilla View Post
Your lack of expectance killed the last 5. You should really just give up the argument now.
Are you being sarcastic or serious cause for someone who just joined fauna and if your trying to blame me for the princeps death i have zero clue who you are or don't have time to play games either

Old 11-25-2015, 05:01 AM   #1002
uromastyx13
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinytail View Post
Sounds like Garrett has lied again and is throwing smoke, again. I would accept only money at the tune of 6,000 from this guy. I would not trust any animals from him at all... get your money and pay your mom back. If he does not pay, take him to court.
I don't want any animals from him. The reason i asked for the bearded dragons in that message was just to know if he received them already so i knew if he was gonna sell them soon to refund me but of course just another endless lie for all this B.S.

Old 11-25-2015, 07:34 AM   #1003
Snakesatsunset
It is very simple to prove to someone you are not lying. Post a reciept of the wire transfer you paid to pakistan. Give yourself some kind of credibility after all this that you actually paid. Simple as that....Michael can post his wire transfer reciept to garrett to show he paid as well if heasnt already.
I think what happened here is Garrett wired money to someone , no proof yet but assuming, that claimed they can export, and scammed him. Now he has no recourse or the money to pay it back, hence why all his ads require deposits, because he cant afford to send his own money upfront or he never had the capitol to actually invest himself in a large or expensive shipment. Typical "broker" problems....thats why I NEVER EVER TAKE deposits, even when a customer BEGS AND BEGS TO send one, so many things can happen. Reminds me of Terry Lilly "rare reptiles" - if this is the case, he could have saved a few hundred posts, and a simple explanation of "I got screwed myself, and the guy took the money. Ill do my best to pay you back in a reasonable time, since the supplier in Pakistan seems to have been a flake. I cannot afford to pay it back at the moment, but can send you x amount every month till we settle up" - to drag it on this long is just a headache for everyone....... NO ONE in their right mind sends money to random suppliers in random countries without references, or copies of permits BEFORE you send a full deposit. Thats just importing 101. its much easier to say the guy didnt come through, then the guy didnt come through and took the money.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:59 AM   #1004
Big Time Reptiles
Frogman,
In reference to post #992 & #993 you say, all the info I received & posted here on this thread are lies about the others you owe, as it was told to me by Michael.....PROVE IT!

Let's not forget, Charlie contacted me after receiving my phone # from Michael, he was the one that drove it home, about Jimmy, Maria, and himself, talking with him as much as I did & as much as we called each other, I learned a lot about you & your BS antics, you know, like the $240 you sent through PayPal to Charlie, and the promise of you paying him off by the 15th. of Nov. & let's not forget, you promised Jimmy his refund, about a week or so before the promise you made Charlie.

All the a fore mentioned info was told to me by Charlie, is he a LIAR TOO??

Let's add to the list, is it not true, that John Riportella was in fact another in on the Pakistan deal for Hardwickii, and 4 months after receiving his money, you refunded it through PayPal??

Now you do remember, posting "the only two in on the Pakistan shipment of Hardwickii, are Michael & Markus", I'm guessing you forgot, or you just flat out lied, like everything else you've been telling those you owe.

To clarify, Jimmy, Maria, & Charlie, were not in on buying Hardwickii, they are all owed for other species of Uromastyx.

You say they are all coming out, Jimmy, Maria, & Charlie, IT'S ABOUT TIME!

Can't wait to read what they ALL have to say.

I do think, your rear end must be extremely jealous, over all the crap that comes out of your mouth...

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 11-25-2015, 10:02 AM   #1005
tim brophy
Holy moley! The above sounds like a reasonable explanation for all of Garrett's tap-dancing. Some unknown "Pakistani" living large off other people's naïvety. Incredible. It would be nice of Garrett to prove everyone wrong and salvage the remnants of his reputation by posting some evidence that he actually paid anything to anybody. But Garrett knows that his own reputation is toast by now anyway. He will stay away from the BOI, hoping this will boil over in time. After all, isn't that what his "lawyer" advised him to do?? LOL.

Old 11-25-2015, 10:54 AM   #1006
Jay Sommers Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesatsunset View Post
It is very simple to prove to someone you are not lying. Post a reciept of the wire transfer you paid to pakistan. Give yourself some kind of credibility after all this that you actually paid. Simple as that....Michael can post his wire transfer reciept to garrett to show he paid as well if heasnt already.
I think what happened here is Garrett wired money to someone , no proof yet but assuming, that claimed they can export, and scammed him. Now he has no recourse or the money to pay it back, hence why all his ads require deposits, because he cant afford to send his own money upfront or he never had the capitol to actually invest himself in a large or expensive shipment. Typical "broker" problems....thats why I NEVER EVER TAKE deposits, even when a customer BEGS AND BEGS TO send one, so many things can happen. Reminds me of Terry Lilly "rare reptiles" - if this is the case, he could have saved a few hundred posts, and a simple explanation of "I got screwed myself, and the guy took the money. Ill do my best to pay you back in a reasonable time, since the supplier in Pakistan seems to have been a flake. I cannot afford to pay it back at the moment, but can send you x amount every month till we settle up" - to drag it on this long is just a headache for everyone....... NO ONE in their right mind sends money to random suppliers in random countries without references, or copies of permits BEFORE you send a full deposit. Thats just importing 101. its much easier to say the guy didnt come through, then the guy didnt come through and took the money.
Preach on! No deposits ever! No waiting list either. I don't believe this scenario to be the case. If it were garrett would have been quick to say so. It's too reasonable and rational and for once a legit opportunity to actually blame someone else. You know what I'm saying? For a guy who is never responsible for anything, to not use an opportunity to honestly place blame on another person when he has a real chance to do it?! It's too easy.
Yes importing 101... But garrett is a seasoned professional with 20 plus years at the top of his game! Certainly he wouldn't be foolish enough to make these types of rookie mistakes with his mountains of experience. From what he has said ( and only him) he is highly regarded and is actually a pretty big deal.

Old 11-25-2015, 10:57 AM   #1007
Jay Sommers Reptiles
Michael B. garrett could also post those elusive cites docs! Fyi so people know. There's a guy in florida( I think) selling a pair of barbata for $700.00 right now

Old 11-25-2015, 11:02 AM   #1008
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Michael B.

THANK YOU for your in put, I know you import/export more than most.

To be screwed, you first have to send said money.

It's my opinion, he NEVER wired money to Pakistan, at the same time he was receiving monies for the Pakistan shipment of hardwickii, he was bringing in & selling Island local Iguanas, that he said were on hand for shipment. My opinion/point, he took the money under false pretenses, and bought Iguanas.

Garrett, if that's not so, PROVE IT!

In addition, what about the $8K you sent for "additional paperwork??? PROVE IT!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 11-25-2015, 08:45 PM   #1009
RaceSanchez
Quote:
Thank you for this post. What a game changer, different look at things. He may of been screwed and now, has no money to pay anyone back

Old 11-25-2015, 09:33 PM   #1010
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceSanchez View Post
Thank you for this post. What a game changer, different look at things. He may of been screwed and now, has no money to pay anyone back
Others have been screwed before the Pakistani deal existed and are still owed money, showing a pattern here. This is not, and shouldn't be viewed as an isolated incident. But not for Garrett's lies and his elusiveness with regard to answering important questions (what with all the bragged about years of experience, I may have considered that scenerio. Not happening. But I'm sure he'll take that and run with it. He has already tried setting himself up by claiming "partners" instead of customers, as well as avering that he doesn't assume all the risk. He's been sculpting this one for a while.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!