Inquiry BallBids.com? - Page 101 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-03-2012, 03:13 PM   #1001
theadjustor514
Quote:
Originally Posted by theadjustor514 View Post
Hello fauna people. While I have had my account here for some time, this is actually my first time posting. I would just like to say a few things after reading this entire thread.

It is obvious to me that ballbids.com has zero support from ANY reputable person or entity in the reptile community. The fact that they still have hundreds or thousands of members using their companies services frankly does not surprise me. What surprises me is that they claim their members are bonefied members of the community. It is my opinion that most if not all of their member base is completely new to the reptile world and the BP industry- people who are familiar with the penny auction fad and are now seeing a cool new way to capitalize on it. NOBODY who has been a part of this community for more than a handful of days would touch this company with a ten foot stick based on how unprofessional they have behaved through this whole ordeal, and the complete lack of knowledge they have on the animals they peddle. Ballbids.com was obviously started as a get rich quick scheme by people who don't give a hoot about the animals we herpers love and admire. Anybody disagree with that? Let us not forget the Facebook screenshot posted on page 22 which showed how Avi and Zach felt about the new business. How they were going to make so much money and be big shots rolling in dough. That to me speaks volumes about the intentions of this business, which IMO has NOTHING to do with ball pythons and EVERYTHING to do with Dollar signs. Everyone knows that type of business does nothing but hurt our community as a whole. We have seen it time and time again.

It was clear to me several hundred posts ago that Mark, Marty and Zach are immature and dishonest, and that opinion has only grown stronger as this thread gets longer. They will not see a dime from me nor, I suspect, from anyone else who knows a thing about reptiles. I am sure they will continue to gain customers, but from the penny auction "community" not the reptile community. I'm sure the majority of their user base has no idea this site, or the BOI even exists.

I guess that's about all I have to say.
Thank you for reading my post.
typo.

Old 09-03-2012, 03:14 PM   #1002
wyldwurm
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldwurm View Post
Well it seems that our noble Mr. Byers was injured in the call of duty when he was a officer. He hurt his widdle pinky The link he posted earlier included the heroic deed of saving a woman's life.

Instead of being glad he saved the life of someone, what does our noble Mr Byers do?

HE SUES HER!! I have a few choice words for people like you Mark, but I am too much of a lady to speak like that. Disgusting!

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/199...-officers-cops

Byers was honored after he smashed through a sliding glass door and saved the life of a woman being threatened at gunpoint by her estranged husband. For his efforts, Byers got himself a severely injured pinky. He has had multiple surgeries, and can no longer fire a gun. He has been reassigned to a desk job.

"Police work is a tough job," Byers said nobly when he got the award last year.

"Sometimes these things happen. ... I'm just glad I had the opportunity to save this lady."

A few months later, Byers doesn't sound quite as glad. Or quite as noble.

He has an attorney. He has filed a lawsuit against the woman he saved, Jane Liberatore. And he has added a lot of chutzpah.

Silly me. I always thought police officers were aware that risk was part of their job.

This is why we have cops

Liberatore is being sued, we were told this week by Charles Morehead, Byers' attorney, in part because she "set up the incendiary situation" in which her boyfriend was shot to death and Byers severely cut his hand while trying to save her.

Liberatore's boyfriend, Harry Schwartz, was shot by her husband, Anthony Liberatore.

And now Byers' attorney says, "when you cheat on your husband and create the potential for murder or aggravated assault and a police officer is injured as a result, you make your own bed and you have to sleep in it."

Naive, silly me. Again.

I always thought we needed cops because we have so many screwed-up family situations.

I always thought cops were there for our protection without questioning our moral character.

I always thought we paid taxes for cops to be there.

But obviously, this is the wrong attitude.

No longer can we have such a thing as a simple injury in the line of duty. Not when we can claim "pain and suffering."Not when we can have an attorney pompously pontificating about infidelity.

The only one not pontificating is Sunrise Mayor Steve Effman. He gave me a "no comment while there's pending litigation" when asked about a police officer suing a citizen he's sworn to protect.

Benefits warranted, but . . .

Interestingly, this all comes at a time when officers are fighting - statewide and nationwide - to get health insurance benefits if they are disabled in the line of duty.

That fight started when two Plantation police officers were severely injured in an explosion last year, and could have been left without benefits for their families.
Skimming (avoiding) right over this one, eh Mark? Didn't you, just yesterday, post a link about this same incident, claiming you were a man of integrity and bashed me for questioning that integrity? I no longer question it, Mark. It is clear you have NONE.

Old 09-03-2012, 03:14 PM   #1003
Shaun33
So you get a award for saving a woman life by doing your job as a policeman, and you sue her for it. How sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolfrider View Post
Well Robillard, your getting close to finding all the correct information. Keep working on it! You will get there. The substance is within you grasp already..

Old 09-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #1004
lonewolfrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by laterob View Post
Okay, Mark. If that issue is resolved, what remaining issues are there?
There are none with me right now. That issue was resolved last night and until a posting potentially negating that fact that was seen today, I would have not has anything else for the pot here.

Old 09-03-2012, 03:18 PM   #1005
Shaun33
He is just trying to say that I retracted a statement so he can say I was wrong once again. But the funny part is that I never retracted anything cause I never said he was connected. Just a way he can twist people word so they can TRY to discredit the oppostion.

Quote:
There are none with me right now. That issue was resolved last night and until a posting potentially negating that fact that was seen today, I would have not has anything else for the pot here.

Old 09-03-2012, 03:24 PM   #1006
lonewolfrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldwurm View Post
Skimming (avoiding) right over this one, eh Mark? Didn't you, just yesterday, post a link about this same incident, claiming you were a man of integrity and bashed me for questioning that integrity? I no longer question it, Mark. It is clear you have NONE.
Yes I did, and as you feel your way though the rest of the story you will find the cops (both Friends of mine) that were burnt up in another domestic in home incident were also losing all family medical benefits. Long story short, the laws were changed in the State of Florida (a right to work state) and Law Enforcement officers suffering a debilitating injury while investigating the commission of a felony will have their family medical insurance covered. It was a big win in this state for the Law Enforcement Community. And by the way..Joe Alu and Jim O'hara both received the NAPO Top Cop award which I had recommended for them in DC. They really deserved it. Google them and read their story. They had to sue too. It was all around the same time frame. So as bad as the stories go in these situations for the dead, injured and traumatized; something good comes out..

Old 09-03-2012, 03:27 PM   #1007
Shaun33
So let me get this straight. You sued the victim of a horrible crime as domestic violence and look like she would of been killed by her husband cause you got injured saving her life. Sorry but that is pathetic and sad and made this poor woman suffer more then should have.

Quote:
Yes I did, and as you feel your way though the rest of the story you will find the cops (both Friends of mine) that were burnt up in another domestic in home incident were also losing all family medical benefits. Long story short, the laws were changed in the State of Florida (a right to work state) and Law Enforcement officers suffering a debilitating injury while investigating the commission of a felony will have their family medical insurance covered. It was a big win in this state for the Law Enforcement Community. And by the way..Joe Alu and Jim O'hara both received the NAPO Top Cop award which I had recommended for them in DC. They really deserved it. Google them and read their story. They had to sue too. It was all around the same time frame. So as bad as the stories go in these situations for the dead, injured and traumatized; something good comes out..

Old 09-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #1008
lonewolfrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodybaroness View Post
You two clowns have done more damage to BallBids than any one in this thread combined.

With promoters like you two, who needs enemies or detractors?
Are you so stupid as to think that I am here promoting Ballbids to this group? Wow!!

Old 09-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #1009
wyldwurm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun33 View Post
So let me get this straight. You sued the victim of a horrible crime as domestic violence and look like she would of been killed by her husband cause you got injured saving her life. Sorry but that is pathetic and sad and made this poor woman suffer more then should have.
All about the money! That's what it boils down to. GREED! He could not care less about his victim or her family or the man who lost his life. Notice he said it was "good" in the end...because he got paid! That is horribly sad.

Old 09-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #1010
lonewolfrider
Quote:
And unfortunately in our society, a lawsuit is the only way governments get things done. By the way, it was the husband (perpetrator) and wife that were on the property deed for the incident location therefore both were named in the suit.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
arvi, ballbids, zack byers, zack*byers, zbbp