Reptster.com experience with show sponsorship not good - Page 103 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:10 PM   #1021
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
Go back and read from post 1, to post 1016 ( this post, duur) and then continue on.
LOL WHY'D YOU PEOPLE GO AND MESS UP MY POST BY POSTING SO SOON!?

Ignore the number, as its now incorrect.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:13 PM   #1022
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dprince View Post
Truly, it is SOOOOOOOOOOO easy to get FedEx certified. You could almost do it in your sleep. Seriously.

And since this thread started two weeks ago, heck, if someone was on the ball and was just thinking, HEY, I'd like to have OPTIONS (not necessarily throwing Reptster under the truck just yet), they could've started the process then and be done, or darned near close. And then they'd have OPTIONS. Just a thought.
LOL im considering re doing the whole process, and sending in my test box. I got lazy and just stopped with the whole process. I should do it now, and then post in this thread when i get my box back and my approved status. HRM!

Old 09-29-2008, 01:15 PM   #1023
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWolf View Post
Cat, shipping SNAKES via UPS is illegal, because they will NOT accept a package that is marked to contain a snake, and shipping a package that is NOT marked with the species name is a violation of the Lacey Act. They will not accept and ship a legally marked package. This isn't debateable, it's the truth. The fact that hundreds of people are violating the law does not mean it's ok.
I may be wrong but, It didnt seem like he was reffering to the Lacy Act.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:20 PM   #1024
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrownherps View Post
I may be wrong but, It didnt seem like he was reffering to the Lacy Act.
Thats what the lacey act is about. You have to mark the box, for it to be "legally shipped", and UPS "wont accept it if it IS legally marked" because they dont accept snakes in their TOS. Its not illegal to use UPS as the company, just against their TOS. But if im understanding it correctly, it IS Illegal to ship an unmarked box with a live animal inside. * i find this to be true in some cases, and false in others, UPS turns a blind eye to some* according to the lacey act. ( But i wonder, and i will go back and read the lacey act now, if it solely means USPS when something is being shipped, or if private companies are also included, which would make a MASSIVE difference in the stance that "its completely illegal")

Old 09-29-2008, 01:22 PM   #1025
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
Thats what the lacey act is about. You have to mark the box, for it to be "legally shipped", and UPS "wont accept it if it IS legally marked" because they dont accept snakes in their TOS. But if im understanding it correctly, it IS Illegal to ship an unmarked box with a live animal inside. * i find this to be true in some cases, and false in others, UPS turns a blind eye to some* according to the lacey act. ( But i wonder, and i will go back and read the lacey act now, if it solely means USPS when something is being shipped, or if private companies are also included, which would make a MASSIVE difference in the stance that "its completely illegal")
EDIT
Its not illegal to use UPS as the company, just against their TOS.
* i find this to be true in some cases, and false in others, UPS turns a blind eye to some*
But if im understanding it correctly, it IS Illegal to ship an unmarked box with a live animal inside, according to the lacey act.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:22 PM   #1026
WingedWolf
Again, anyone want to summarize it all? 204 pages now. I've been trying to follow this, honestly, but it's pretty difficult to find the information. I'm not the sort of person who can't be proven wrong. *shrug* I admit I'm about ready to give up on trying to explain my point of view here, and just go back to watching until the guy is either hung out to dry, or everyone kisses and makes up--that's the usual way things go in these threads.

I don't know who, if anyone, is lying. Everyone else is sure. That makes them a lot more psychic than I am. I don't know any of these people personally.

Now again, for the folks defending UPS as a legal means of shipping snakes:
The Lacey Act is not a company policy. It is also not 'only the Lacey Act, which can be violated if we think it's convenient to lie to UPS'. It is ILLEGAL not to mark that your package contains a live animal, and what species it is. It does not matter if you use USPS, UPS, Fed Ex, or whatever. NOT MARKING THE PACKAGE CORRECTLY IS ILLEGAL.
Not just a little tiny bit illegal, but big time illegal.

Read for yourself: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/16/3371.html

If you cannot use UPS or DHL without failing to label what is in your box, then you cannot use them legally.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:24 PM   #1027
ForkedTung
"The simple rule"

Donna,
Quote:
to, it was still Fed Ex's error that caused the problem, and getting ahold of one's rep hasn't been something everyone's been able to do so easily in the past. Problems happen. This isn't about the safety of the animals. This isn't about whether or not Reptster's service is 'worth it', and that was my entire point in posting. It's about KELLY'S ISSUE. It's about promotional funding that was offered and then never sent.

The rest of this has nothing to do with it.

Quote:
Sticky: Rules for Posting on the BOI <-- REQUIRED READING!! (updated 01/21/07)
WebSlave
Quote:
Please utilize the SEARCH function as much as possible before starting a new thread (topic line). In many instances, it is much better to continue an existing thread rather than starting a new one in order to preserve continuity in the information about a person or business. Most readers are much more inclined to read a single long thread, rather than dozens of smaller ones scattered all over the BOI. So don't let your message get lost in the clutter by ignoring this simple rule.
Donna, did you read the part about :it is much better to continue an existing thread rather than starting a new one in order to preserve continuity in the information about a person or business.
Here it is again:it is much better to continue an existing thread rather than starting a new one in order to preserve continuity in the information about a person or business.
and again:it is much better to continue an existing thread rather than starting a new one in order to preserve continuity in the information about a person or business.
Also how could it NOT be about " the safety of the animals"?
Yes, the problem originated with FedEX, but it was Repster's responsiblity to at least attempt to correct it. As far as I know that DID NOT happen. Why don't I know? because after calling David and then as per his instructions calling him AGAIN, To this date I have NOT had any reply whatsover in any form acknowledging the situation. NO COMMUNICATION WHATSOVER...
Again, The only reason that I believe I was able to resolve this situation was because I could PROVE to the people at FedEx that I was already FedEx certified to ship Live Harmless Reptiles. The only thing Repster did was take my money and waste my time!

Old 09-29-2008, 01:30 PM   #1028
homegrownherps
you said;

Quote:
shipping SNAKES via UPS is illegal, because they will NOT accept a package that is marked to contain a snake
I understand fully about the Lacey myself (I have been shipping reptiles a few years myself).

Shipping snakes via UPS in not illeagal ...it's just company policy, They (UPS) will not ship snakes.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:31 PM   #1029
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Again, anyone want to summarize it all? 204 pages now. I've been trying to follow this, honestly, but it's pretty difficult to find the information.

Nope. You need to read it like the rest of people. Why are you so lazy?
The facts have been presented. If the thread had been read, one would see these stated facts and take them into consideration.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:34 PM   #1030
WingedWolf
ForkedTongue, that is a legitimate problem, but possibly an isolated one--the zillions of similar problems that were resolved quickly in the past may demonstrate previous rather than current practices. I'm certainly not particularly encouraged that Mr. Young is proving to be a great businessman at this point. Maybe it IS all becoming too much for him to handle. If there is a huge backlog of growing problems now, that certainly suggests he has reached a point where he can't keep up with them to resolve them--particularly since he had a history of taking care of things in the past.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
david young, repster, reptster