Inquiry BallBids.com? - Page 104 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #1031
Shaun33
If Ballbids has as much support as you claim they will be here to support Ballbids. 102 pages and not one person. The lame excuse that they don't want to be harassed is just a excuse cause there is noone. All I see is fake attacks claims so they don't have to sell the snake at a loss. And then they blame me and my site but they offer no proof.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #1032
lonewolfrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by laterob View Post
"playing to win" = gambling, no?
Yes "play to win" it is a competition between players.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #1033
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolfrider View Post
See now..you have already started and non adult combative conversation. What part of "None" did you not understand? I answered your question. So you just don't want adult dialog either. And you are the monitor. This is why people out there on the net complain about the elite minded nasty people in these forums.
I am sorry, but I did not see that word "none" included within your reply. This is the quote of your reply, I believe, and I STILL don't see that word in the reply. Trust me, I do understand the definition of that word when I actually SEE it. Perhaps you neglected to include that word and you thought you had.

Quote:
If I owned Ballbids, I would not ask any of them to come into this predetermined hostile environment and put their name in public only to be bashed or their business injured based on the threats that have already been made public. However, to be completely accurate, Ballbids has much less membership than the numbers you described for this site.
If you want an adult conversation as you have stated, perhaps you should indulge in that mannerism yourself, don't you think? Who in this conversation between us is acting combative? And right now I am not making any posts or comments as staff of this site. I am making them as my own personal self for my own personal curiosity to try to understand what exactly the fuss is all about here. Would you like to help me in this pursuit?

So you are stating for the record here that you have a total of "none" for members here on this site that are expressing support for BallBids?

How about on other sites? Seriously, I want to try to understand what you are saying about BallBids and this community you speak of. Since YOU are the one claiming it exists, well, quite simply SHOW me. Is that an unreasonable request to make of you?

Old 09-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #1034
lonewolfrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I am sorry, but I did not see that word "none" included within your reply. This is the quote of your reply, I believe, and I STILL don't see that word in the reply. Trust me, I do understand the definition of that word when I actually SEE it. Perhaps you neglected to include that word and you thought you had.

If you want an adult conversation as you have stated, perhaps you should indulge in that mannerism yourself, don't you think? Who in this conversation between us is acting combative? And right now I am not making any posts or comments as staff of this site. I am making them as my own personal self for my own personal curiosity to try to understand what exactly the fuss is all about here. Would you like to help me in this pursuit?

So you are stating for the record here that you have a total of "none" for members here on this site that are expressing support for BallBids?

How about on other sites? Seriously, I want to try to understand what you are saying about BallBids and this community you speak of. Since YOU are the one claiming it exists, well, quite simply SHOW me. Is that an unreasonable request to make of you?
You are no different than the rest and you do not want serious adult conversation. I was naive to even try. I said that "I would not as any", which means none. However there have been breeders and customers that want their name out their, Zack doesn"t want that right now. Why? Just look at the way you are and your other commentators here. It is not too hard to see from the outside looking in. You are all fueled by unabated hate or jealousy and it does show each time you write. I have no further time to entertain you. Ballbids is growing and is not leaving. But I do have to go.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #1035
Shaun33
That is just his way of saying that there is no support and he can't make up names.

Quote:
You are no different than the rest and you do not want serious adult conversation. I was naive to even try. I said that "I would not as any", which means none. However there have been breeders and customers that want their name out their, Zack doesn"t want that right now. Why? Just look at the way you are and your other commentators here. It is not too hard to see from the outside looking in. You are all fueled by unabated hate or jealousy and it does show each time you write. I have no further time to entertain you. Ballbids is growing and is not leaving. But I do have to go.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #1036
gonzoone
Quote:
Sorry but you must have missed the Ballbids Live Arrival Guarantee clearly indicated in the Terms and Conditions. That guarantee has always been there. The Breeders ship directly to the winners so there is no difference than buying directly from the Breeder except Ballbids furthers that guarantee to ensure if there were ever a problem with a Breeder, Ballbids still stands behind the consumer. Buying the way you see fit is certainly fine but posting the correct information should be important.
Umm Mark, If you read back at the beginning, Avi admitted the live guarantee was NOT originally in place and stated at that time him and Zack did have possession of the snakes and pretty well admitted there was no quarantine period for said snakes. It is all back in the first 20 pages before you and Marty decided to bury any valid comments under all this other BS

Old 09-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #1037
WebSlave
Quote:
Ballbids has its support exactly where it needs it. Within its customers that are having fun and playing to win high quality morphs. And the quality breeders are very happy selling their snakes.
And where is that, exactly? This customer community that you speak of? Again, I am simply looking for facts, please.

And since you brought it up, exactly how many "quality breeders" do you have KNOWINGLY supplying animals to BallBids?

Quote:
Sorry but you must have missed the Ballbids Live Arrival Guarantee clearly indicated in the Terms and Conditions. That guarantee has always been there. The Breeders ship directly to the winners so there is no difference than buying directly from the Breeder except Ballbids furthers that guarantee to ensure if there were ever a problem with a Breeder, Ballbids still stands behind the consumer. Buying the way you see fit is certainly fine but posting the correct information should be important.
Obviously those breeders must have some sort of contractual agreement with BallBids in order to provide the animals that BallBids does not actually have within it's possession during the auction to supply those animals to the winner. If I understand how your auction works, private breeders cannot auction their own animals on your site, and it is instead BallBids itself that provides the auction, promises to supply that animal to the winning bidder, and earns any profit made during that auction. So what does the breeder him or herself earn on this sale via BallBids? I presume that when the auction is completed, that BallBids is then obligated to pay the breeder for that animal and have it dropped shipped directly to the winner of that auction. Am I correct about this?

Right now I see only one auction taking place on BallBids. That seems to imply ONE (1) breeder needed to supply this single animal. Do you have more than this single supplier for animals?

As for this current auction mentioned above, the bidding is now at $0.14 with four (4) hours left to go on the auction. I'm sorry, but I don't recall how much each bid costs the bidder, but let's pick a nice round number of $1 per penny bid. So that means that if the auction ended right now, the winning bid would have cost the winner however many pennies (up to a maximum of 14 in this case) which cost him or her $1 each. So the maximum that the winner would have spent is $14 on this auction as of RIGHT NOW. Which also means the maximum that BallBids would EARN on this auction is also $14for the bids that were sold to the bidders. So is your breeder who is supplying this animal for your auction willing to accept $14 in payment for that animal to be shipped to the winning bidder?

Honestly, I've never paid much attention to penny auctions, but I am going to try to take the time to monitor this one to see how it works out. So if I am in error about any of the assumptions and observations I have made above, please correct me.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #1038
hezekiah
Quote:

Honestly, I've never paid much attention to penny auctions, but I am going to try to take the time to monitor this one to see how it works out. So if I am in error about any of the assumptions and observations I have made above, please correct me.
Not quite accurate. If you bid, and lose, you are also out that money.
Say 10 people bid 13 cents to make it 13 dollars each.
That's an additional 130.00 the site makes on top of what the winner 'pays'.
That's why this is considered gambling by so many states; you pay money for the chance to win something, but don't get it back if you lose.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #1039
WebSlave
Quote:
I'm sorry, but I did not realize that ""I would not as any" means "none" to you. I didn't catch that, and apologize that the phrase you used does not mean "none" to me.

Well, I guess it's my fault in that I did not ask you for your definition of an "adult conversation". Sorry, I thought my questions were direct and pointed to try to obtain some facts from you about your claims. Hate and jealousy? Me? Seriously, you got all that out of my questions to you? Trust me, nothing could be farther from the truth. I have no reason to hate you, and certainly no reason to be jealous at all. I have absolutely no desire to do anything like BallBids, so what is there to be jealous about? I'm retired and got enough to fill my time with my own websites and other interests, thank you very much. Whether BallBids succeeds or fails will have absolutely no impact or effect on me whatsoever. So I'm offering you a chance to tell me facts and thereby all the other reads as well, without a lot of personal and emotional side shows attached, so I can UNDERSTAND what you are saying about BallBids. Isn't that what you WANT?

Seriously, guy, if you actually want an adult conversation, then here's your chance. Or at least fully describe to me what exactly you deem an "adult conversation" really is to you, and I'll see if I can comply with your version of that. I'm sorry if I don't yet understand what you mean by that term...

Old 09-03-2012, 05:07 PM   #1040
lonewolfrider
Quote:
And where is that, exactly? This customer community that you speak of? Again, I am simply looking for facts, please.

And since you brought it up, exactly how many "quality breeders" do you have KNOWINGLY supplying animals to BallBids?

Obviously those breeders must have some sort of contractual agreement with BallBids in order to provide the animals that BallBids does not actually have within it's possession during the auction to supply those animals to the winner. If I understand how your auction works, private breeders cannot auction their own animals on your site, and it is instead BallBids itself that provides the auction, promises to supply that animal to the winning bidder, and earns any profit made during that auction. So what does the breeder him or herself earn on this sale via BallBids? I presume that when the auction is completed, that BallBids is then obligated to pay the breeder for that animal and have it dropped shipped directly to the winner of that auction. Am I correct about this?

Right now I see only one auction taking place on BallBids. That seems to imply ONE (1) breeder needed to supply this single animal. Do you have more than this single supplier for animals?

As for this current auction mentioned above, the bidding is now at $0.14 with four (4) hours left to go on the auction. I'm sorry, but I don't recall how much each bid costs the bidder, but let's pick a nice round number of $1 per penny bid. So that means that if the auction ended right now, the winning bid would have cost the winner however many pennies (up to a maximum of 14 in this case) which cost him or her $1 each. So the maximum that the winner would have spent is $14 on this auction as of RIGHT NOW. Which also means the maximum that BallBids would EARN on this auction is also $14for the bids that were sold to the bidders. So is your breeder who is supplying this animal for your auction willing to accept $14 in payment for that animal to be shipped to the winning bidder?

You are pretty nosy on another persons company but I can answer a few of your questions. Yes of course there is a contractual agreement with all of the Breeders. No, Ballbids buys the snakes from the Breeder in advance and at a fair value. Yes the Breeder ships the snakes directly. No it is not a dollar a bid, the Bid pack costs vary as you can see on the site. All of Ballbids business relationships, just like customers information is not of public record unless they decide to make it so. And yes Ballbids is only doing two Auctions per week right now....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
arvi, ballbids, zack byers, zack*byers, zbbp