Beware of Jeane Best & Wendy Childs - Page 104 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-14-2006, 12:16 AM   #1031
Chameleon Company
Those of you that did not get what you paid for need to pursue satisfaction as aggessively as can, whether it be chargeback or some other instrument of refund. The site via which the animals were purchased may provide a complaint procedure, which could help. This is generic advice for any buyer whose expectations were not met. A good seller establishes accurate and clear expectations, and then meets or exceeds them. The vast majority of expectation failures are the fault of the seller for not being more pro-active, for to allow a situation where your excuse is to blame the customer is very short-sighted (what a concept !). If your legitimate expectations as a buyer were not met, screw the TOS. Any seller who hides behind their TOS when the customer claims that they did not get what they paid for isn't worthy of being a seller for long.

I did eventually see the vet reports. So did others. Not mine to release. I also don't think they matter a hill of beans at this point. No new revelations there, and the ultimate confirmation of them would have to come from the examining veterinarian IMO, not me. I cannot vouch for their veracity, only the vet can.

Timmy. If I relegated every ex-con who was in the reptile business as being a POS, my circle of friends would shrink by a noticeable amount ... likely 10-20%. What I have no use for is ilk like you, not because you have a past (and present) full of "bonus" stuff, as you put it, but because you want to dredge up the "bonus" stupidity of others, then claim foul when someone points out your past history and current truth shortcomings. On the surface of it, it looks like you were using the kids to steal .... Timmy, there's something really wrong with everything you've said here, to include the elusive logic of anyone who would choose to affiliate with you. I guess the details will be forthcoming, but you'd think that there'd be a little more meat on the bone besides what's been offered up.

No problem Alicia. As you pointed out, when you dissect the logic of how things were offered up, something stinks.

Old 09-14-2006, 11:00 AM   #1032
CheriS
I am adding one more person to this mess of the ethically challenged Wendy Childs/Jeanne Best mess.

I stayed out of another thread on here about her/their lies, selling misrepresented and ill animals as this women harassed me continually until I had to block her or put her on ignore here on Fauna, my private and business email, several sites PM's, messenger services etc. It was a nightmare. Plus seeing Jim Flaherty defend her in this and the other thread, it seems no matter what she does to other, was a delicate situation with me as I am friend's with Dr Ivan Alphonso who works with him and who I have great respect for.

Many of the people in this thread, mostly with bearded dragons, have contacted me over the past year about her auctions, ill animals they got from her, misrepresented onesm etc. I have been given photos of some of them, (additional ones besides the ones posted on the ads) and in some of those, these are dragons that are very ill or had been ill in the past from their appearance, including extremely thin and in one case one with collapsed fat pads (an indicator of a serious ill animal). One shows a Rankin (lawson) dragon with a full bearded... Rankin/Lawsons do not have beards so this is not a Lawson/Rankin, certainly not a pure one as the ad said....... probably a mix of two species which the person found out was the case.

People often email me and ask be about a dragon they are thinking of getting. In this case of the ill looking male, I was honest with them, pointed out the sunken fat pads (the photos ALMOST hide the problem) and most people would not have noticed them and the very low weight of a grown male. That person decided not to buy that dragon and explained nicely to Best/Childs why.

I started getting the most nasty emails I have ever seen in my life...... dirty, digesting,,,,absolute filth and relentless. What I would considered someone who is very emotionally disturbed to the point they should be locked up and I did call in a police report. When I blocked her on my private email and website message system, she found my account on FaunaClassifieds and starting it in here, jst dreadful snd nasty comments..... till I had to put her on ignore here. This is the only time since I joined here I have had to do something like that. I probably should have emailed the Webmaster here at the time, but I figured where was a psycho case and just put her on ignore

I did email Alex Hue when he was having problems with her misrepresenting some geckos she claimed came from him and talked with Barry Schneider over the mixed species Rankins x Vitticeps issue, but felt it was important at this point to add my voice to the other that have experienced the nightmare called Jeannie Best/Wendy Childs

jeff6898: if you want to email me some photo's of the dragon you got from her and it's history with you, I will look at them and if the animal needs anything, try to help you with it...... like we have with so many others sold by her who needed help.

PS: I have no criminal record, never been jailed, am employed by the State of Florida with extensive background check, a high security clearance and am pretty boring... good luck trashing me because I had terrible experiences with the "lizardladyfromhell"

Old 09-14-2006, 12:07 PM   #1033
Wilomn
Cheri, did you or anyone you know, originate your dealins with The Spokane Sluts on Reptileauctions?

If you did, please contact me.

Old 09-14-2006, 01:33 PM   #1034
Chameleon Company
Cheri,

As you know from a private communication, I am not a fan of name dropping. However, in the ever-tiring quest for accuracy, with regards to your statement:
Quote:
..... as I am friend's with Dr Ivan Alphonso who works with him (meaning me) and who I have great respect for.
I work with a Dr. Ivan Alfonso. Heck, sometimes we even drink together !

Old 09-14-2006, 03:11 PM   #1035
CheriS
Wes,

I would never buy anything off of reptileauction or the prior one, reptibid.

Yes, some of the others that contacted us on some of the herp health forums, with bearded dragons that are sick or having adjustment problems when in a new home, bought them from her through there. I have to look, but I may have links to the original ads, I know I do on some of them.

Jim,
I guess if correcting my spelling is the only thing you are going to do to me for adding myself to the list of people that have experienced the trauma of Best/Childs and her other alter egos, I am getting off really easy

As per your private email, lets just say we need to agree to disagree on how each of see or read something that happened on here in the past.

Since posting this just a few hours ago, I have severl email from others about it, most that are just too afraid to add their experiences to this thread due to seeing others attacked for relating their transactions with her. That is really sad

Old 09-14-2006, 03:17 PM   #1036
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheriS
Wes,

I would never buy anything off of reptileauction or the prior one, reptibid.

Yes, some of the others that contacted us on some of the herp health forums, with bearded dragons that are sick or having adjustment problems when in a new home, bought them from her through there. I have to look, but I may have links to the original ads, I know I do on some of them.

Jim,
I guess if correcting my spelling is the only thing you are going to do to me for adding myself to the list of people that have experienced the trauma of Best/Childs and her other alter egos, I am getting off really easy

As per your private email, lets just say we need to agree to disagree on how each of see or read something that happened on here in the past.

Since posting this just a few hours ago, I have severl email from others about it, most that are just too afraid to add their experiences to this thread due to seeing others attacked for relating their transactions with her. That is really sad
Cheri,

Ignore Jim. He would defend that gutter trash if there was video of her on CNN throwing puppies off the Brooklyn Bridge while laughing with glee. He has gone off the deep end in his defense of Wendy/Jeane/Sybil. I am sorry you have had to deal with the abuse from these twits.

Jamie

Old 09-14-2006, 03:17 PM   #1037
Wilomn
Guys, IF you want her off Reptileauctions, which really is trying to clean things up, I need to know who you are and what you bought.

It will go no further than the head guy there and me.

I WILL NOT post any info that is given to me in public UNLESS you, the giver, askes me to.

Old 09-14-2006, 04:20 PM   #1038
Chameleon Company
Cheri,
I could not see any point in engaging you in Fauna thread tit for tat and useless frivolity, and I thought that I had outlined that in my PM. I believe that a few saw the point other than the spelling, BTW.
Speaking of tit-for-tat ..... Hi Jamie

Old 09-14-2006, 08:46 PM   #1039
DThomas
Quote:

I started getting the most nasty emails I have ever seen in my life...... dirty, digesting,,,,absolute filth and relentless. What I would considered someone who is very emotionally disturbed to the point they should be locked up and I did call in a police report. When I blocked her on my private email and website message system, she found my account on FaunaClassifieds and starting it in here, jst dreadful snd nasty comments..... till I had to put her on ignore here. This is the only time since I joined here I have had to do something like that. I probably should have emailed the Webmaster here at the time, but I figured where was a psycho case and just put her on ignore
If you would like and if you still have them, you can forward them to me. I will take a look at them and deal with her appropriately. That kind of abuse here of the system is NOT tolerated one bit.

Old 09-14-2006, 09:28 PM   #1040
Dennis Hultman
Quote:

I do believe Jim is the only "voice" that disagrees with every ones take on Wendy and Jeane's transactions. That shouldn't be a deterrent to posting.

Anyone that has had a bad transaction with them should come forward. It should be treated like any other thread. Post as much evidence as you have.
If anything, You have an advantage. We already know they're scammers.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
jeane best, wendy childs