Bill Leverton SCAMMER beware - Page 105 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-19-2005, 03:15 PM   #1041
Bill_Leverton
Apology

First let me say I posted this else where but was told by DThomas to post it here.And as much as I hate to bring this thread back to life here it is....I Bill Leverton aka Clearwater Reptiles want to make a formal apology for my actions and my misdeeds. This community has always been a place of integrity and doing what is right. I took your respect and destroyed it and for that I am truly sorry. I would like the opportunity to regain that respect. I know this isn’t going to happen overnight, but hopefully in time it can be that way again.
Thank you all,
Billy

Old 08-19-2005, 03:22 PM   #1042
Chris@TSE
You should have thought about all of this........

No, it wont happen overnight. People no longer buddy buddy up to you in chat? People no longer want to talk to you? An outcast and you simply don't like it?

Good. Get used to it, it will be a long time until you will be able to prove you've changed..
Oh thats right, no one told you?! Simply allowing it to blow over and quiet wont get it done. You have to be proactive and take steps to legitimately prove you're the person you claim to be.

You let alot of us down Bill. Myself included..... You have no idea.

Make good on your word, and certainly don't act as if nothing has happened or this changes anything.........

Good Luck, You'll need it.

Old 08-19-2005, 03:46 PM   #1043
Jim O
Chris,

I ripped Bill a couple of new ones in this thread but he is apologizing here and not asking for anything but for people to give him an opportunity over time.

I see this as his reaching up and I for one will reach down and lend a hand so long as he wants to do the right thing. This is the first step.

Old 08-19-2005, 03:54 PM   #1044
Chris@TSE
It is indeed the first step, but being accepted as such is still premature.

Being in a chat room trying to sell boas a few short days after the wounds have begun healing can be taken many ways....

Either way, this process takes time. Good Luck.

Old 08-19-2005, 04:03 PM   #1045
The BoidSmith
Quote:
First let me say I posted this else where but was told by DThomas to post it here.And as much as I hate to bring this thread back to life here it is....I Bill Leverton aka Clearwater Reptiles want to make a formal apology for my actions and my misdeeds. This community has always been a place of integrity and doing what is right. I took your respect and destroyed it and for that I am truly sorry. I would like the opportunity to regain that respect. I know this isn’t going to happen overnight, but hopefully in time it can be that way again.
Thank you all,
Billy
Bill,

Words can't take you out of a problem you behaved yourself in. We have had several individuals in the BOI that have expressed their deepest regretts to only turn around and do it again at the first chance they had. The only one that needs to know that has changed is you. But don't tell us that you "saw the light", that you are the "new Leverton", etc. Actions Bill, actions is all that count. But then again don't tell us about them; don't ask people to post on your behalf. News travel fast and we will know the good as well as the bad deeds. We were all outraged by what you did. But the attempt to cover up was what probably infuriated people even more. You sent me several personal e-mails with explanations about how everything happened, the UPS ordeal, the two snakes, the teacher, the fact that you requested the snake back after having sold it so you could send it back to Lee together with the second snake, etc. After learning the truth, all this probably generated more outrage than your initial scam attempt. With your first action we were all caught by surprise. Maybe some were more sad at your character flaw than outward mad. With the cover-up attempt we learned that what happened initially was not the action of a kid snatching a baby corn at a show because of incredible temptation, and not knowing better. In reality you were willing to go all the way, and try to cover it up at all costs. So again my thoughts are why don't you start doing "community service". And, IMHO it would be more effective outside of the BOI because each time you post in here in a bad guy thread it's probably like a slap in the face for some people, myself included.

Old 08-19-2005, 04:12 PM   #1046
gmherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
I see this as his reaching up and I for one will reach down and lend a hand so long as he wants to do the right thing. This is the first step.

I'm there with you.

Old 08-19-2005, 04:24 PM   #1047
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
IMHO it would be more effective outside of the BOI because each time you post in here in a bad guy thread it's probably like a slap in the face for some people, myself included.
Dan,

Bill originally posted this in the General Business Discussion forum (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?p=302276) and was issued a warning and told to move it to this thread by the moderator who then closed that thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DThomas
This belongs in the thread about you. Not in a new thread.
For what it is worth I agree that it belonged elsewhere but he was given little choice.

Old 08-19-2005, 04:59 PM   #1048
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Dan,

Bill originally posted this in the General Business Discussion forum (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?p=302276) and was issued a warning and told to move it to this thread by the moderator who then closed that thread.

For what it is worth I agree that it belonged elsewhere but he was given little choice.
Jim,

The point I was trying to make was more general and not referring to the post on this thread or the one on the GBD. Bill needs to take a “vacation” away from all this. The only way he might have a chance for a come back is by getting on with his life and attempting to erase the past. Words are cheap, and actions are all that count. If he asks for forgiveness and continues to post in here he might never accomplish it. Personally I would love to hear from someone telling me that Bill sent them the best snake ever, not once but several times. Hear also that he lends a helping hand to people in need. This is not going to happen if he continues to post in here. He needs to put some distance and re-think his approach to life. That’s just my opinion and as such some might agree and some might disagree.

Kindly,

Old 08-19-2005, 05:38 PM   #1049
dragonflyreptiles
Quote:
Im with you on that one too!

Old 08-19-2005, 06:33 PM   #1050
Laura Fopiano
Thumbs up

Quote:
Chris,
I also agree!! I've never met Bill, exchanged an email, or a p.m. so this didn't really affect me personally, However, when someone is asking for help to better their lives, I will always do what I can to help!!

I have managed to stay clean and sober for almost 17 years. I learned that I have to help other's in order to keep what I have, am I hard on other fallen addicts?? Yes I am. Do I use tough love? You bet, but when I am asked for forgiveness and help another, I do not turn my back and walk away. I hold my head up and lead by example!!

Bravo Bill, I hope things work out for you, feel free to email me any time!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!