Bill Leverton SCAMMER beware - Page 109 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-20-2005, 10:14 PM   #1081
DaveyFig
Nope, I didn't call him. Never felt the need. The forum was here. Why would I call? It seems he lied even more in private than he did in public, so a phone would be the perfect media for him to sway someones opinion with lies. Nobody to call his bluffs and all. Funny how he said all sorts of fun stuff in those emails but never backed any of it up when confronted about it in public. Maybe he gave you the name of the prosecutor on the phone? Or the UPS guy that stole the snake? anything?

Old 08-20-2005, 10:20 PM   #1082
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyFig
Nope, I didn't call him. Never felt the need. The forum was here. Why would I call? It seems he lied even more in private than he did in public, so a phone would be the perfect media for him to sway someones opinion with lies. Nobody to call his bluffs and all. Funny how he said all sorts of fun stuff in those emails but never backed any of it up when confronted about it in public. Maybe he gave you the name of the prosecutor on the phone? Or the UPS guy that stole the snake? anything?
Rich,

I believe that his apology was intended to cover all of that. You don't accept it, that's fine. But why keep digging up the dead horse?

Old 08-20-2005, 10:20 PM   #1083
Jim O
Dave* not "Rich"

Old 08-20-2005, 10:22 PM   #1084
dragonflyreptiles
Dave,

I'm a phone person myself, I try not to bug the crap out of people because I have 2 small children that tend to show their posterior region everytime I make a call and not everyone can deal with or wants to hear that but I do call people from Fauna and probably too much to be honest. But if anyone really wanted to hear the "whatever" or say "whatever" on a more personal level, the phone is there to do so.

Nope, but I never asked for it to be honest and I may be a bit naive, but I wanted to believe him and even I knew as I told him, I felt it just wasn't right but I wanted it to be, I called a non BOI friend in PA to be an impartial medium for me and told her the entire deal and she said, what are you stupid? But all in all I wanted to believe the whole thing and thats all I can really say about that.

Old 08-20-2005, 10:34 PM   #1085
DaveyFig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Rich,

I believe that his apology was intended to cover all of that. You don't accept it, that's fine. But why keep digging up the dead horse?
Jim, just as you and others have expressed their feelings, and hopes for Bills future, I was expressing mine. You have posted as much as me since the apology. I am not digging up a dead horse.Life was breathed into the horse when Bill said he was sorry and people patted him on the back for it. It doesn't deserve to just get up and trot around just yet, in my opinion, and seeing posts that go against what I was thinking made me feel the need to post what was on my mind, so I did. I am just posting the other side. My side. Agree, or not. I respect your opinions, but have my own.
How many posts did Bill have before the apology? How many lies? How many silly emails? How can a simple " I am sorry" get even a second look this early on? One post later he was an ass to Lucille.

Old 08-20-2005, 10:43 PM   #1086
Jim O
So you would rather he didn't apologize? You don't believe him and that's fine. But the specifics have been gone over ad nauseam. We're all familiar with them. Your repeating them again and again just seems like grandstanding and does not flatter you or do your public standing any good. We all know the UPS guy never existed. How many more smartass ways do you need to say it? Your couching it in the form of asking Wendy a question did not hide that fact.

Old 08-20-2005, 10:43 PM   #1087
dragonflyreptiles
Quote:
I am not digging up a dead horse.Life was breathed into the horse when Bill said he was sorry and people patted him on the back for it. It doesn't deserve to just get up and trot around just yet, in my opinion, and seeing posts that go against what I was thinking made me feel the need to post what was on my mind, so I did.
I know that was meant for Jim but I personally do not see the pat on the back but some saying you admitted it, your sorry for all the crap and willing to come back here and say it, now lets see what you do next.

The horse is far from trotting off, there are plenty of people here including you Im sure that will keep an eye out for anything he does good or bad.

Quote:
One post later he was an ass to Lucille.
That is one of those things that I think just did not come across a keyboard the way it was intended

Old 08-20-2005, 11:13 PM   #1088
DaveyFig
Jim,
I never saw anything where Bill admitted that the UPS thing never happened. I seem to remember him continueing the "you will bellieve what you want to believe" and clouding the issues by not answering questions as to whether or not he was standing by the UPS story, or admitting guilt there too. If it was there I missed it. We all know the UPS theft never happend, but to read what Bill said after that incident, one might be confused as to whether or not he was really sticking to that. He never said "That was all lies" he said he wouldn't supply the requested information, like names of agencies and the person who stole it.He wasn't going to give us anything.I know it is because he didn't have the info, but he made it sound as though we weren't worthy of it, or weren't worth the effort of getting it, much like the pics of the snake.I seriously was asking whether he made up a name or something in private about the UPS thing. I wasn't being a smartass, and you are reading sarcasm where there was none.I wasn't trying to hide anything with the question.
I would rather continue to repeat the specifics than forget them. I am not comfortable with someone reading this and jumping ahead, and the last post they see, after reading maybe 20 posts in the begining is "I wish you the best."
I hope that the posts I have made are not hurting my public standing though, after all, they are just opinions. My negative opinions about the actions of a liar should not hurt me. Whether they help my standing or not doesn't really matter though.

Old 08-20-2005, 11:57 PM   #1089
shrap
Quote:
He feels the frustration because he knows he is going to feel a pocket book pinch. I don't think he feels bad for what he did, I think he feels bad because others know what he did.
We have a winner!!!! Johnny, tell him what he's won.....

Summed up my feelings on the matter perfectly. After all the lies (before during and after being busted) public and private, shill bidding and justifying that.... just the whole ball of wax surrounding this whole situation..... I for one will never believe a word this man says or be able to take anything he says with any kind of sincerity.

Been around too many people whose actions were just like his and not a single one has ever changed.

Old 08-21-2005, 09:40 AM   #1090
Lucille
Someone I respect reminded me in a very nice way that I had written the post below some time ago:

....... anyone has the right and chance every day to a fresh start.
I am not referring to anyone specific here, but I believe the BOI has multiple uses. One is of course to alert the community to a past good or bad action.
The second is to afford a possibility of change.

I hope.....that if someone picks themself up off of the floor, having got there themselves, and makes a true change, that they deserve the benefit of a second chance.

Here is a moment of introspection from me: None of us see ourselves perfectly and I am inviting others to help me think this through:

I genuinely believe what I posted, above, that if someone picks themselves up and honestly tries to make good, they deserve a second chance (excluding capital crimes).

Why then am I experiencing such difficulties here? I am not understanding myself, but I do not yet feel much like forgiveness right now.

I am honest about the way I feel but do not always understand why it is I feel a certain way.

Just because someone posts a lot, like me, doesn't mean that we have it together all the time and I certainly could use some insight from others right now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!