Reptster.com experience with show sponsorship not good - Page 109 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:52 PM   #1081
WingedWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
With that logic... it is legal to smoke crack so long as I dont get caught...

But the point that is trying to be made is..... UNTILL you read the whole thing... you can not make an imformed opinion reguarding alot of what has been said in this thread.

I came into this about 5 days behind... and honestly it took me about 4 hours to read thru everything to get caught up. One thing that helped was I changed the number of posts per page in my profile.

Please start from the beginning.... chances are you will prob agree with everyone then. If you dont... then at least you have all the info to make an imformed opinnion.
You spent FOUR HOURS reading all of this? Honestly, that just proves my point. lol
Dude, I have work to do, and better ways to spend 4 hours. It takes a lot of stamina to wade into all of that. My conclusion--tell me when it's over, and who I should use to ship.
There isn't anything I can do about it anyhow.
I could read a book in four hours. There isn't 4 hours worth of complaints and supporting data here, there's 15 minutes worth maybe...the rest is noise. It's one thing to spend 5 or 10 minutes checking a forum post a few times, but FOUR HOURS?

It would just be nice if there were some way--IN GENERAL--to summarize the real information out of threads like these, and seperate it from all of the bickering. How much longer will this go on? Someone looking up information on Reptster later will come across this...and have to spend an entire day just to read it all? It's crazy.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:55 PM   #1082
jayefbe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayefbe View Post
We've BEEN summarizing it for you, but you continue to respond with, "where has that been proven, yadda yadda yadda". It's not our job to fill you in on every little detail, you're welcome to read every post like we have, and then give your steadily declining in value 2 cents.

In short, while it may take a little bit of trust to believe Kelly since some of the disagreement involves verbal communications, she has not once shown to lie, hide the truth, or stretch the truth in one single instance in all 1000+ posts in this thread. She is an admirable person, and judging by her commitment to honesty seen in this thread, I'd trust with my unborn first male child.

David has lied repeatedly, a fact that has been proven and substantiated with more than enough evidence.

If you read the threads, you will see that both statements are true.

So, after 1000+ posts, Kelly has been devoted to telling the truth and no a single person with half a mind could say otherwise (you are the exception, are you not?). David has lied and then hauled ass to his reptster sanctuary hidden in the mountainside. On top of that, new issues concerning David's business practices have been brought up and verified.

Now that it has been summarized and simplified to the simplest terms possible while still remaining completely truthful, do you understand?
There...just summarized it for you...again.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:55 PM   #1083
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWolf View Post
You spent FOUR HOURS reading all of this? Honestly, that just proves my point. lol
Dude, I have work to do, and better ways to spend 4 hours. It takes a lot of stamina to wade into all of that. My conclusion--tell me when it's over, and who I should use to ship.
I could read a book in four hours. There isn't 4 hours worth of complaints and supporting data here, there's 15 minutes worth maybe...the rest is noise. It's one thing to spend 5 or 10 minutes checking a forum post a few times, but FOUR HOURS?

It would just be nice if there were some way--IN GENERAL--to summarize the real information out of threads like these, and seperate it from all of the bickering. How much longer will this go on? Someone looking up information on Reptster later will come across this...and have to spend an entire day just to read it all? It's crazy.

You have four hours to continue adding to this "absurd mess" But not four hours to read it?

Old 09-29-2008, 04:59 PM   #1084
WingedWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayefbe View Post
Hey Donna,

You've been going on about the Lacey Act, and shipping legally, etc.

Check out reptsters' own shipping how-to video...
http://www.reptster.com/connections/...edex_terms.php

uh oh...did you see what I saw? He didn't label the box properly...hmmm...so reptsters own video promotes illegally shipping reptiles.
The box didn't actually have anything in it--it was a demonstration on how to pack a reptile into a box, not on how to label the box or affix a shipping label to it.

What on earth does that have to do with shipping legally? They didn't show the package being dropped off at the center, or picked up, either. My point was that you have ONLY Fed Ex as an option to ship snakes to your door. ONLY Fed Ex will allow you to legally mark your box and still deliver the package within their TOS.
UPS will not deliver a box marked to have a snake in it if they catch it, and neither will DHL. Yes, UPS will ship lizards--but not snakes.
If someone has a 'deal' with them and was told to NOT mark their box, then they were advised to break the law.

The Lacey Act isn't in question--it's pretty clear on what is required. You have to have your animals in a properly marked container EVEN IF YOU DRIVE THEM OVER THE STATE LINE YOURSELF.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:00 PM   #1085
WingedWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
You have four hours to continue adding to this "absurd mess" But not four hours to read it?
No, I have not spent 4 whole hours on this mess, lol.

I check back in periodically, but I'm doing a bunch of other stuff at the same time. A far cry from sitting down and just reading for 4 hours. Or more.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:00 PM   #1086
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:

Then.....shut up

Old 09-29-2008, 05:05 PM   #1087
jayefbe
Quote:

I check back in periodically, but I'm doing a bunch of other stuff at the same time. A far cry from sitting down and just reading for 4 hours. Or more.
Is that pride I detect? Are you proud of the fact that you continue to spout your much maligned opinion despite your lack of knowledge of the subject at hand?

Old 09-29-2008, 05:05 PM   #1088
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:

You cant spend whatever many minute intervals READING the thread you are uninformed on, but you can post? ( Which takes a considerably longer time than reading)

With the amount of posting you have done, you could have read this entire thread several times over.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:07 PM   #1089
jayefbe
Quote:
The box didn't actually have anything in it--it was a demonstration on how to pack a reptile into a box, not on how to label the box or affix a shipping label to it.

What on earth does that have to do with shipping legally? They didn't show the package being dropped off at the center, or picked up, either. My point was that you have ONLY Fed Ex as an option to ship snakes to your door. ONLY Fed Ex will allow you to legally mark your box and still deliver the package within their TOS.
UPS will not deliver a box marked to have a snake in it if they catch it, and neither will DHL. Yes, UPS will ship lizards--but not snakes.
If someone has a 'deal' with them and was told to NOT mark their box, then they were advised to break the law.

The Lacey Act isn't in question--it's pretty clear on what is required. You have to have your animals in a properly marked container EVEN IF YOU DRIVE THEM OVER THE STATE LINE YOURSELF.
The last line of the video is something along the lines of "there, just stick the printed label on and it's ready to go". You just pick and choose, pick and choose. It's almost laughable if it wasn't so sad. If shipping reptiles legally according to the lacey act is important to you, than you should have a problem with reptsters video!!!

Old 09-29-2008, 05:09 PM   #1090
JudyC
Quote:

The thread has been repeatedly summarized...by different people, each with their own point of view and opinion...but most reaching exactly the same conclusion. The problem appears to be that you don't trust the summaries. If you won't bother reading it...and you won't trust the summaries given...then why even bother trying to participate and continue to add to the "noise" that makes it just as difficult for everyone else to wade through.

It's not that hard to read through and catch up on a BOI thread (even an epic one) if one really wants to. You learn where the real "noise" is and can quickly skim over it. But if you can't be bothered to do that, then the obvious conclusion is that it isn't that important to you to begin with....which begs the question about why bother posting in the first place.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
david young, repster, reptster