Smoothies - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 01:31 AM   #1
Denisebme
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD
You want to go there again?
Why dont you droids ask your CheriS where all the dragons around came from? Do you really want me to go back and find her posts about where almost all dragons came from and where they are now? There were not a lot introduced into North America,

Keep it coming. I do my research before I come and join your bitchfests. One tract minds are so yesterday. Look at tomorrow. Its such a nice day out.

Jim
Exactly WHAT research have you done Jim?
Have to talked to a geneticist about the implications of this specific mutation? Do you know what DNA marker has been damaged and what other traits it affects?

I'm sure its occured at some point to the parent of a teenager that maybe we should genetically alter them so their vocal chords don't develop until they are college age, but it would be illegal for us to do so because we aren't allowed to play God with human genetics.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:51 AM   #2
whiskersmom
Quote:
Do you own a "Normal" or an Altered?
What gives you the right to say whats right or wrong?
I myself will put myself in the middle of things and say I am in the works of producing these. Do I see a lot of mixxed emotions?
Yes I do.
Is it for everyone?
Hell NO.

To each their own.

Jim
NO it can't be about "To each their own" because no one is asking the dragons if they want to live out their lives as a mutation. Of course no one takes into account their lives....its not about them.....it's about what the person or people that are doing this wants. You can't see beyond your own wallet and that is low. Lowest of the low. Take an innocent wild animal, captivate it. Then after awhile that isn't good enough, it's not raking in enough dough, so go one step further, take that same captive dragon and change it so that it no longer has scales, make it have issues with basking, digesting and most of all, mating. Tear that female up so that she can give you eggs, therefore a fatter wallet. Don't mind her laying there bleeding from the male that just bit into her delicate neck.

So yeah, right, to each their own.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:58 AM   #3
walker75
Quote:
Do you own a "Normal" or an Altered?
What gives you the right to say whats right or wrong?
I myself will put myself in the middle of things and say I am in the works of producing these. Do I see a lot of mixxed emotions?
Yes I do.
Is it for everyone?
Hell NO.

To each their own.

Jim

Jim

Please reframe from swearing if possible.. I thought you would be in here saying you also are involved in this new Mutation of the bearded dragon know as the silkback..

Since you are in business and a importer of Dachiu Dragons I WILL say that I already have an altered dragon it is known as an Adeno Positive Dragon and a Carrier . If breed he will pass this on.

Not all dragons are positive for Adeno this we know.. yes we do...

Old 06-15-2007, 12:36 AM   #4
Tere Salazar
Quote:
I started this thread.

If you have anything to say, read this and think twice. If we can care for the animals we have whats the problem?
Skinny pigs
Hairless rats
Hairless cats
etc
etc.

Jim.
You know what I think is funny, Jim? That you posted a thread with the intention of defending the exploitation of this MUTATION, and in that thread are many people who don't approve...for exactly the same reasons that we don't approve.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:25 AM   #5
JimD
AND!!
Its funny that all I see is the same names that were all over the AV thread. Do you guys do any research before you bitch!?

Jim

Old 06-15-2007, 12:32 AM   #6
JimD
Im really sorry.
Have no clue why my computer is so messed up tonight.
Please read post 36 on the link to the post I made on RC.

Jim

Old 06-15-2007, 12:35 AM   #7
whiskersmom
Quote:
AND!!
Its funny that all I see is the same names that were all over the AV thread. Do you guys do any research before you bitch!?

Jim
It's funny that I keep seeing the same three names that opposes all these other names.
Do you do any research before you defend? Or do you just do it out of loyalty?

Old 06-15-2007, 12:49 AM   #8
Denisebme
Quote:
AND!!

Jim
Is it unusual to see the same people involved in threads on this forum Jim? We're beardie people, of course we're going to talk about this.
As far as your posts on the Canadian thread, the same issues are coming up over there that we are bringing up over here, particularly the sensitivity of the skin and how easily they could be injured.
Its perfectly reasonable for people to ask questions and have concerns. What is unreasonable is to expect people to stay silent ONLY when certain breeders are involved.
As for me, I have done as much research on this issue as is possible at the moment. I have read the breeders pages and I've seen what they had to say.
Your position on the Canadian site seems to be that breeding won't be an issue with these animals because they don't have to be bred in order to keep producing them, but we both are mature enough to realize that people are going to breed them, and when they do, how are they going to prevent injury to the animal? They still have teeth, right? They are still going to participate in normal breeding behavior, right?

Old 06-15-2007, 12:54 AM   #9
Denisebme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denisebme
Is it unusual to see the same people involved in threads on this forum Jim? We're beardie people, of course we're going to talk about this.
As far as your posts on the Canadian thread, the same issues are coming up over there that we are bringing up over here, particularly the sensitivity of the skin and how easily they could be injured.
Its perfectly reasonable for people to ask questions and have concerns. What is unreasonable is to expect people to stay silent ONLY when certain breeders are involved.
As for me, I have done as much research on this issue as is possible at the moment. I have read the breeders pages and I've seen what they had to say.
Your position on the Canadian site seems to be that breeding won't be an issue with these animals because they don't have to be bred in order to keep producing them, but we both are mature enough to realize that people are going to breed them, and when they do, how are they going to prevent injury to the animal? They still have teeth, right? They are still going to participate in normal breeding behavior, right?
I should add here that one of the reasons we can all be fairly certain that these animals WILL be bred to each other at some point is genetics 101. If this trait is going to be stabilized so it can be reproduced with frequency, the animals will have to be bred to each other.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:31 AM   #10
JimD
Awww Tere.
Cant handle this on your own. Have any test results yet? I can show you one from within a month ago from a dragon that passed away. My Vet knew I was very adament to have AV testing done.
Awwwww pooo! A lot of my Dragons came from Dachiu! I must have AV!!!

Came back negative!!!!!!!

How are your tests??

Jim

Closed Thread