Midnight EST, 09/21/10 - server upgrade - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-07-2010, 03:05 PM   #101
brd7666
I think it all revolves around a thread you hid recently, Rich. I don't want to come out and say it. It's a thought. I belive you will remember the thread that you hid. If not I can pm you a reminder.

Old 10-07-2010, 03:10 PM   #102
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by brd7666 View Post
I think it all revolves around a thread you hid recently, Rich. I don't want to come out and say it. It's a thought. I belive you will remember the thread that you hid. If not I can pm you a reminder.
Sorry, but no. That is not a method a hacker would use to cause problems. If it was access to a datebase, they could simply delete tables, but corruption is another issue completely. It is caused by a failure in code or hardware. Hackers don't break tables and databases, they simply delete them.

Please don't make unfounded statements unless you have to technical knowledge to support the allegations.

Old 10-07-2010, 03:55 PM   #103
brd7666
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Sorry, but no. That is not a method a hacker would use to cause problems. If it was access to a datebase, they could simply delete tables, but corruption is another issue completely. It is caused by a failure in code or hardware. Hackers don't break tables and databases, they simply delete them.

Please don't make unfounded statements unless you have to technical knowledge to support the allegations.
Well, it was just a thought. I find it odd that the guy starts a thread warning you, and in my opinion trying to get you to hire him for his services, and now the site is having quite a few problems. Someone is even crashing chat. Someone is getting in with a user name that doesn't even exist in the members list for this web site. I believe a hacker can do all kinds of things, and they can choose how far they want to take their joy ride. I believe a hacker can corrupt any file or files if they chose to. Just depends on how much damage they want to do. I didn't use the term hacker thread in my post above, because I didn't want to put fear in any of the members reading this, that is why I used the words " I don't want to come out and say it". I wasn't saying that it is for sure a hacker. But regardless, that is my opinion, right or wrong. Didn't mean to piss you off, just trying to point out certain things that could be possibilities.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:11 PM   #104
WebSlave
Quote:
Well, it was just a thought. I find it odd that the guy starts a thread warning you, and in my opinion trying to get you to hire him for his services, and now the site is having quite a few problems. Someone is even crashing chat. Someone is getting in with a user name that doesn't even exist in the members list for this web site. I believe a hacker can do all kinds of things, and they can choose how far they want to take their joy ride. I believe a hacker can corrupt any file or files if they chose to. Just depends on how much damage they want to do. I didn't use the term hacker thread in my post above, because I didn't want to put fear in any of the members reading this, that is why I used the words " I don't want to come out and say it". I wasn't saying that it is for sure a hacker. But regardless, that is my opinion, right or wrong. Didn't mean to piss you off, just trying to point out certain things that could be possibilities.
So tell me, what made you think that I am not smart enough to think things through myself about this and needed you to make a public statement to that effect? Did you forget how to do a private message instead of trying to be an alarmist about it?

Old 10-07-2010, 10:46 PM   #105
brd7666
Quote:
So tell me, what made you think that I am not smart enough to think things through myself about this and needed you to make a public statement to that effect? Did you forget how to do a private message instead of trying to be an alarmist about it?
Well, I will try to explain my actions, and how I viewed yours. I'm sorry you feel that I have done something wrong here, but I really haven't. I have also, never knocked your intellagence.

Below is post 101, which was made by me.

Quote:
Here is your responce to me in post 102.

Quote:

If you read my post, you will see that there is no mention of hacker. I was being discrete in what I said. I new you would understand it, and 99.9 percent of the members here would not of known what I was refering to. The only reason that I new you moved the thread and not deleted it, is because I know where it is.

In red you accuse me of making allegations. So my question is, what allegations did I make in post 101? I did use the phrase " I think". So I guess that could be an allegation. But nowhere did I mention the word hacker. I even stated that I would pm you had you forgotten. If you had said, no that isn't it, and never mentioned hacker that would have been the end of it. In my first post I highlighted part of it in red also. It means that I did not want to use the term hacker, or mention in public what the thread was that you hid. Then I said that it's a thought, that is what it was, a thought I had that was given just to try to help give ideas to solve the problems. So my post was for you, because others would not have known what I was refering to.

As for a hackers methods, they have no written method book. A good hacker can hide files within server files, and the server owner may never know that they are there, or have a hard time finding them. A good hacker is very good at writing programs that can do all kinds of things. So in reality a good hacker can do a small amount of damage or a large amount, it just depends on how far they want to go.

If you go back and read the thread that you hid, you will see that I tried to discredit the guy who started it all. I was doing that to help calm people down. You and I both know the truth to all of it. I was only trying to help.

And another opinion of mine is that I believe the guy was more or less trying to blackmail you into hiring him to protect this site. For obviouse reasons he couldn't come out and say it, but I believe he was doing it in a round about way. Sorry this is happening, but I am not a bad guy.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:37 AM   #106
WebSlave
Quote:
I was only trying to help.
Then please, the next time you want to get my attention on a matter that might cause a lot of contention and baseless fear on this site, instead of standing on the corner setting off flares and waving flags for everyone to see you as well, just send me a pm. Wouldn't that have been the best course of action, all things considered?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!